Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

On 30/06/2022 at 13:32, Leicester_Loyal said:

Wolves signed that Hwang Hee-Chan, I know he was there last season on loan but the current transfer over date is 1st July 2022.

Can't be more than 3 or 4 days until most of the remaining 6 have made a signing surely?

24 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Us and Chelsea whose finances have been curtailed for obvious reasons.

Make no mistake, this isn't a positive off-season and with pre-season starting at the weekend it's concerning me.

I realised after I posted that Wolves have signed someone technically aswell.

Same, getting really worried now, especially with pre-season games coming very shortly.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

22.5 mil, looks like a player honestly, hopefully we sweep in

He is a good player but plays on the left which we could do with competition but not a priority right now. I'd just take a decent right winger now and keep quiet in the corner.

2 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Presuming we have someone lined up, but it’s hard to see better value than that for what we need.

We best do, I know we can't be too annoyed as we haven't properly been linked with Niakhate more just we wanted him given he ticks almost every box except elite ball playing ability. 

4 hours ago, Finnegan said:

.......... I think you've significantly misunderstood what I meant by "Doing An Everton" and run absolutely wild with it. 

I simply mean paying 40-50 million for players from big clubs whose career trajectory is destined to head in the opposite direction. 

They have recruited terribly over recent years but this isn't true, firstly they've only signed one player for 40+ (who wasn't from a big club)

Also from their top 20 highest fees I'd probably say only Iwobi, Schneiderlin and Walcott fall under what you've defined. Iwobi was also only 23 (they did overpay horrifically on him though) 

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

What price is being touted? Will give an indicator as to what the likes of Kokcu and Madueke might be available for.

25/30 million mate. He looks a decent player from what I seen of him last season in the conference league. Kokcu + madueke would be a dream! 

Guest Col city fan
6 hours ago, Clarkey123 said:

I think he’ll smash it to be honest. Has the attitude and work ethic that auba should have and will lift the mood of the whole team. Still a good age at 25 too. 

Same here. I’d love to see him at Leicester and for that price, I think he’s a bargain. 

Guest Col city fan
3 hours ago, honeybradger said:

This would make sense if Jesus was genuinely found out at Manchester City and wasnt in their starting XI for the Champions League Semi Final. 

The reason man city are selling him isn't because he's not good enough, it's because they've just had the opportunity to sign a generational talent in his position. Jesus may end up flopping as his finishing is pretty poor but it's hardly an Everton signing considering he's recently put in good performances at the highest level of football.

Spot on. Man City aren’t selling Jesus because they think he’s a bad player. It’s because they have signed possibly the best young striker on the planet. 
Jesus is reputedly great to work with, has an amazing work ethic and Arsenal have signed him at what they will believe to be ‘the right price’.
Most of us would be well happy if we’d gone out and acquired a player like Jesus

Edited by Col city fan

It's Alvarez who's sent Jesus out the door rather than Haaland imo.

I agree that it's difficult to know how good Jesus actually is individually rather than as a component of the Man City team. Statistically I think I'm right in saying he's one of the least efficient finishers in the league but he's probably a straight upgrade on Lacazette at this point and I think it's fair to say they're signing him as a versatile, hard-working forward to help knit their attack together rather than as someone who they expect to get 20-odd goals a season.

19 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Assume he must have dropped off a cliff for that sort of money 

Outrageous, he got some good reviews at Bordeaux as well but they are the pits and couldn't afford the option price.

43 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Sorry @Ric Flair time to take another one off your dream signings list

The fees some of these players are going for as well is just astonishing. I could understand if we were being priced out the market but business is being done very reasonably this summer. 

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
2 hours ago, Guest said:

It's Alvarez who's sent Jesus out the door rather than Haaland imo.

I agree that it's difficult to know how good Jesus actually is individually rather than as a component of the Man City team. Statistically I think I'm right in saying he's one of the least efficient finishers in the league but he's probably a straight upgrade on Lacazette at this point and I think it's fair to say they're signing him as a versatile, hard-working forward to help knit their attack together rather than as someone who they expect to get 20-odd goals a season.

Nacho all over again?