Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

7 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

🤭never heard of them before aswell.....don't follow championship football.

Alex Scott looks an absolute player, would love us too bring him in, very similar style to Grealish without the diving 😂 joking aside I would snap him up this summer, think this season could be a big one from him and wouldn’t be surprised if he is in high demand next summer 

• Like 1

The club whose manager spends 6 months talking about a rebuild ahead of the transfer window is the last one to make a signing in that window, with little indication of anything happening any time soon. Something is very amiss here.

One theory has to be that it's developing into the kind of stand off about a lack of financial backing that led to BR to walking out on Celtic. It could be that he has deliberately lined everything up so that if next season goes badly he can blame the fact that he didn't get the support from the board he had said was necessary. In this way he will hope that even if we bomb next season his reputation will be protected enough to make him attractive to other suitors and allow him the option to walk away if an opportunity arises, citing the club's failure to fulfil promises and lack of ambition. 

Even if this is all wrong, there's a feeling of uncertainty about our prospects next season that there hasn't been for a number of seasons. Can't help be a bit worried, even if the hopeful return to full fitness of several big players from injury will be a big boost for us. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

The club whose manager spends 6 months talking about a rebuild ahead of the transfer window is the last one to make a signing in that window, with little indication of anything happening any time soon. Something is very amiss here.

One theory has to be that it's developing into the kind of stand off about a lack of financial backing that led to BR to walking out on Celtic. It could be that he has deliberately lined everything up so that if next season goes badly he can blame the fact that he didn't get the support from the board he had said was necessary. In this way he will hope that even if we bomb next season his reputation will be protected enough to make him attractive to other suitors and allow him the option to walk away if an opportunity arises, citing the club's failure to fulfil promises and lack of ambition. 

Even if this is all wrong, there's a feeling of uncertainty about our prospects next season that there hasn't been for a number of seasons. Can't help be a bit worried, even if the hopeful return to fill fitness of several big players from injury will be a big boost for us. 

Or we haven't got a head of recruitment, struggling to get players out of the door and have limited funds...

It doesn't all have to be about BR

• Like 3

Guest Chocolate Teapot
33 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

It's true though he hasn't really been backed with great signings.

Edit. I can think of 4 first team quality players bought in.

Hes been given all the staff he wanted including a head of recruitment who's bang average and a brand slanking new training ground.

He also got a doctor who was shit and he's the highest paid manager on the clubs history. Oh, and he's been given a wage budget far beyond our means.

He's been backed famously, just because we haven't spent a fortune on transfer fees doesn't mean he hasn't been backed.

1 hour ago, TommyK said:

Or we haven't got a head of recruitment, struggling to get players out of the door and have limited funds...

Calum Smithson is acting up as Head of Recruitment at the minute and is a top class senior scout and analyst. If I can find astonishing talent week in, week out, so can Smithson.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Calum Smithson is acting up as Head of Recruitment at the minute and is a top class senior scout and analyst. If I can find astonishing talent week in, week out, so can Smithson.

Ric…

Are you actually Callum Smithson?

🤔

1 hour ago, TommyK said:

Don't think the first part is relevant to be honest. A head of recruitment is a middle manager in a corporate structure, the front line staff (who in this instance actually identify the talent) will be fine cracking on without him. 

But yeah, I mean, it's pretty obvious that outgoings need to happen first. 

It's definitely not on Rodgers really either way.

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Even if this is all wrong, there's a feeling of uncertainty about our prospects next season that there hasn't been for a number of seasons. Can't help be a bit worried, even if the hopeful return to full fitness of several big players from injury will be a big boost for us. 

There was never a rebuild, Rogers just said that to save his own ass and also to try and say to the player's, step it up or I'm replacing you. Just a smokescreen to get the player's motivated. We don't have the money for a rebuild, we're skint 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

There was never a rebuild, Rogers just said that to save his own ass and also to try and say to the player's, step it up or I'm replacing you. Just a smokescreen to get the player's motivated. We don't have the money for a rebuild, we're skint 

This place  :rolleyes:

So you think Top would allow Rodgers to do as you describe, do you?

You think would allow Rodgers to verbally put his hand in Top's pocket, to tell everyone that there is Top's money to spend?

Starting to think Rodgers should go purely because people are incapable of seeing past him as some form of pantomime villain

40 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Don't think the first part is relevant to be honest. A head of recruitment is a middle manager in a corporate structure, the front line staff (who in this instance actually identify the talent) will be fine cracking on without him. 

But yeah, I mean, it's pretty obvious that outgoings need to happen first. 

It's definitely not on Rodgers really either way.

I have no idea how LCFC run as a business. But If I had a Head of Recruitment i'd be wanting him to defined the long term recruitment strategy as well as lead identifying players which fit the wanted profile. 

Not having that in place, for me, raised questions over who is making the decisions.  Calum Smithson may be acting Head Of but an acting position will not be defining our recruitment strategy. 

It may be why our recruitment is not happening. 

50 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like most of your suggestions/posts Ric - But come on - recruitment is not about watching you tube videos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

You think would allow Rodgers to verbally put his hand in Top's pocket, to tell everyone that there is Top's money to spend?

Starting to think Rodgers should go purely because people are incapable of seeing past him as some form of pantomime villain

I'm not saying Rogers is forcing Top to spend, you miss read what I put

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ah sorry, my bad

To have a rebuild of 5-6 starting quality and first team players, we have to sell a lot of players due no European football, the squad has to be trimmed massively, even then can we afford 5-6 starting 11 or first ream quality players in one transfer window, no we can't, Club has Stadium expansion and plans in surrounding area to put money towards. At most this window I think we will sign 2 new starting players and 1 first team quality, can't see anymore than that to be honest.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I was joking, I'm the laziest person in the world. I watch about 5 minutes of football a week, including my own team as they bore the shit out of me. I have an obsession though since childhood for doing the bare minimum and proclaiming to be knowledgeable. I simply go on transfermarkt, or follow niche twitter pages and discover left footed right wingers and then quickly look at a few key stats, watch a few clips and then get very angry when we don't sign them on here.

:doh:from me

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Rodgers has made many flippant comments in the face of adversity. He was regularly mocked at Liverpool for his bizarre press conferences.

Do we recall the “I don’t even know what the conference league is” to only back track a few days later and say “I didn’t realise we qualified”. 

He’s a savvy guy when it comes to defending himself and his beliefs. Something definitely happened last season, when the rumours started swirling that he had been sacked, normally they don’t get to a stage of home journalists having to come out and dismiss the rumours. A few times in his post match interviews he said some really odd and questionable stuff, so in answer to your question yes, Brendan would have said that to save his face, he may well have been pulled up on it, but he probably justified it by saying “well we need to sell Cags and a few other players and replace them”… the bloke publicly threw Cags under the bus, which says a lot.

I believe that he said those comments to set his stall out, he wanted the leaders to take note. There could have been a rebuild had we been selling wanted players, so his comments made sense, but by saying them he’s ultimately pissed off a lot of fans, and probably the recruitment team.

Either way internally he’s placed himself under immense pressure because if things go wrong the club can now justify sacking him, however if he does get sacked he has saved his face because he will simply say “I said we needed a rebuild and it never came, so it’s not my fault”…

He knows what he’s doing, he protecting himself because he might be thinking that he can’t take this team any further without significant investment. 

47 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Everton are looking to sign Walker-Peters from Southampton for £10-15m

A bit weird considering they have Patterson who has great potential. They should be playing him.