Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

Fulham made loads of signings when they came back up and it didn't work for them. I think the Burnley way to do it makes sense - sign one or two, get relegated but with a healthy financial outlook and then push to come back up with a better squad and stay up. 

52 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

How comes? 

He's nowhere near the peak he had in 19/20 and now even Lazio have decided he's not worth their time anymore.

He's basically looking for somewhere to get some cup minutes to maybe rekindle his career. As for his goalkeeping qualities, he's a good shotstopper but suffers from the same disease as Kasper of not wanting to come off his line

6 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Palace are building nicely under Viera. They were really impressive at times last season and have made some clever signings since he came in.

Yep!

I'm sure his name helps things as well.

They're in a great little area of London if they really want to start building up to needing a new ground/expanding. Obviously a good fanbase already but it's soon going to be one of the older/smaller grounds in the league.

5 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Palace are building nicely under Viera. They were really impressive at times last season and have made some clever signings since he came in.

They’ve also lost their best player from last season in Gallagher. Made some good signings but doubt Ebiowie will start, and Johnstone is hardly a major upgrade in goal. So Doucoure needs to have a decent first season for them to match last season, and there were even rumours of Zaha leaving which would undoubtedly weaken them. 

Don’t get me wrong they’ve made good signings and certainly appear a club on the up. Just feel we (as rival fans) see clubs making signings and think we’ll struggle to compete or they have strengthened loads, but I’m not  convinced many have actually strengthened their starting XI much. Just a feeling. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

They’ve also lost their best player from last season in Gallagher. Made some good signings but doubt Ebiowie will start, and Johnstone is hardly a major upgrade in goal. So Doucoure needs to have a decent first season for them to match last season, and there were even rumours of Zaha leaving which would undoubtedly weaken them. 

Don’t get me wrong they’ve made good signings and certainly appear a club on the up. Just feel we (as rival fans) see clubs making signings and think we’ll struggle to compete or they have strengthened loads, but I’m not  convinced many have actually strengthened their starting XI much. Just a feeling. 

Certainly not pinning them against us in terms of dealings. Just think they're building a squad for the top half rather than existing in the bottom which must be nice for their fans :)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

I thought they might go down at the start of last season. Lost their manager, half of their squad the wrong side of 30 and all needing to be replaced. And yet they had a comfortable season and played good stuff at times.

They handled their rebuild really well and should be applauded for it. I expect another comfortable mid-table position for them again, despite no Gallagher and probably selling one of their young guns for a lot of money come the end of it. 

31 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Yep!

I'm sure his name helps things as well.

They're in a great little area of London if they really want to start building up to needing a new ground/expanding. Obviously a good fanbase already but it's soon going to be one of the older/smaller grounds in the league.

Great points.  That said the atmosphere is absolutely brilliant where they are.  Given the size of the stadium/number of fans it's a wall of noise and must be fantastic to be a home player.  And whilst Roy did a solid job with what he had Viera's style of play has really given them something to get behind.  Could be some good times ahead. 

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

Great points.  That said the atmosphere is absolutely brilliant where they are.  Given the size of the stadium/number of fans it's a wall of noise and must be fantastic to be a home player.  And whilst Roy did a solid job with what he had Viera's style of play has really given them something to get behind.  Could be some good times ahead. 

I wonder if more of a 'filling in the sides/building up' type situation would be better for them. 

This is what they currently have planned for early 2023 for their main stand expansion, similar to our plans in style

Crystal-Palace-Selhurst-Park-redevelopme

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I thought they might go down at the start of last season. Lost their manager, half of their squad the wrong side of 30 and all needing to be replaced. And yet they had a comfortable season and played good stuff at times.

They handled their rebuild really well and should be applauded for it. I expect another comfortable mid-table position for them again, despite no Gallagher and probably selling one of their young guns for a lot of money come the end of it. 

I'm not convinced by Viera, 70m spent last year and only 4 points better than old Roy and only 2 places higher. 

I think he did a decent job considering the rebuild, but not sure he did anything special. 

A bit like Stevie G, gets a lot of positive press because of his name.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I'm not convinced by Viera, 70m spent last year and only 4 points better than old Roy and only 2 places higher. 

I think he did a decent job considering the rebuild, but not sure he did anything special. 

A bit like Stevie G, gets a lot of positive press because of his name.

I think given the fact they lost half their squad and managed to play a completely different brand of football within weeks, anything above what Roy did should be applauded. 

It's now just us and Chelsea who have yet to make a signing. We are therefore the only club to have made no transfer deals in or out of their first team squad. 

It doesn't even feel like we are going to sign someone or that anyone will leave. The refresh idea is way off course as time doesn't now really allow for a series of considered deals in and out.

We don't want to be rushing into anything as that's what happened with YV.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I wonder if more of a 'filling in the sides/building up' type situation would be better for them. 

This is what they currently have planned for early 2023 for their main stand expansion, similar to our plans in style

Crystal-Palace-Selhurst-Park-redevelopme

Years away that stand - don't have planning and need to do a deal with Sainsbury's where the land backs onto. 

I'm going Palace for second season syndrome - last season they did exactly the same as they did the season before, rinse and repeat but with a new manager. Always good for a decent result at somewhere and then canter along losing to average teams 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Years away that stand - don't have planning and need to do a deal with Sainsbury's where the land backs onto. 

This was the April update, think they've purchased 6 council owned buidings on top of this update too, but not sure about sainos?

Redevelopment plans for the main stand at Crystal Palace Football Club have unanimously been given the green light.

The council’s cross-party planning committee approved the club’s proposals, which will see the ‘Main Stand’ extended to increase the stadium’s capacity from 26,000 to more than 34,000.

The expansion plans will not only see the creation of a new glass front stand, but also a larger pitch, additional accommodation for wheelchair supporters and the provision of new facilities for the local community, creating a first class home stadium for the Premier League club.

Shifa Mustafa, executive director of place, said: “It is great news for Croydon that the planning committee has approved Crystal Palace Football Club’s application for Selhurst Park. The redevelopment will create over 100 new jobs and enhance the experience of fans on match day and visitors to the club.

“The council remains committed to working closely with the club to ensure suitable accommodation is found for all residents of Wooderson Close whose homes are affected by the club’s plans, and will ensure the impacts of the development are properly mitigated.”

Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish spoke passionately about the plans during the meeting, outlining the importance of improving the stadium for the Premier League club and the surrounding area.

He said: “I’ve supported this club since I was four years old. I went to my first game at seven – that’s forty years, too many years. Through that time I’ve watched this club barely change at all.

“Twenty years ago if you went to watch football you wouldn’t see much difference between going to Arsenal and going to Selhurst Park.

“We now want to increase matchday revenue. It is the main thing holding us back. I never fail to get embarrassed when I see the 3D image of our ground on the TV. It represents us and south London so poorly.

“These plans will improve four sides of the ground. It will be fantastic for the local area.”

5 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Liverpool the masters of selling average youth players for big money

How have they convinced someone to spend 17m signing on Neco Williams.

I think he is a decent prospect however I agree 17m for him is a ridiculous figure. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Liverpool the masters of selling average youth players for big money

How have they convinced someone to spend 17m signing on Neco Williams.

by loaning him out to one of the most dominant championship sides in recent history and having him look decent. That and the international tag he's got, even if its just Wales in a position where they basically only have one other option

• Like 1