Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Apart from the odd outlier (Leeds players), the larger wealthy clubs seems intent on keeping the wealth within their 'circle' by selling amongst themselves

Is this my imagination?

I agree with Villa’s early transfers and Newcastle’s capture of Botman. A lot of clubs appear set on padding squads out. Possibly sensible given the congested part of the season post World Cup 

Let me ask this , if TOPs dad was still alive , would we be in this situation, or would we have money to keep us as a top 6 team rather than a team that might be at the wrong end of the ladder this year . Just asking 🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bptiger said:

Let me ask this , if TOPs dad was still alive , would we be in this situation, or would we have money to keep us as a top 6 team rather than a team that might be at the wrong end of the ladder this year . Just asking 🤔

Wow you’ve taken the mantle from me of chatting the most crap 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Last summer was the highest net transfer spend in the clubs history and owner investment in the club over the past 2 years has been at it's highest level since 2014.

Edited by turlo
typo

31 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Wow you’ve taken the mantle from me of chatting the most crap 

It’s not crap I live in Australia, we don’t get all the news or how the club is run so I got to ask questions , if I am wrong that’s great but unless I ask I don’t know 

25 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

It’s not crap I live in Australia, we don’t get all the news or how the club is run so I got to ask questions , if I am wrong that’s great but unless I ask I don’t know 

You didn’t know that without Vichai’s family we would be in the gutter right now? Vichai brought this club for Top and he was always going to run it in the end but sadly it was sooner than we all wanted 

10 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

You didn’t know that without Vichai’s family we would be in the gutter right now? Vichai brought this club for Top and he was always going to run it in the end but sadly it was sooner than we all wanted 

In fairness I think he is more questioning whether or not Top is running the club the same way Vichai did? Definitely could have framed his original question a bit better.

Have to remember as well though that not all Leicester fans now were brought up supporting Leicester. Recent success will have brought on lots of new admirers who won't know a massive amount about the clubs history etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

I think Top is being cautious about backing Rodgers after last summer when he was backed massively, which at the time was the right thing to do because we had just finished 5th twice in a row and won the FA Cup.  The question is, why should Top do that again when Rodgers has displayed a clear inability to consistently recruit good players?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StinckleyFox said:

In fairness I think he is more questioning whether or not Top is running the club the same way Vichai did? Definitely could have framed his original question a bit better.

Have to remember as well though that not all Leicester fans now were brought up supporting Leicester. Recent success will have brought on lots of new admirers who won't know a massive amount about the clubs history etc.

Yeah the manner was terrible, but the question of whether the club is being run as well as we think, is a valid one. All this talk of rebuild, money being available, yet 6-7 weeks into the transfer window and nothing. Pre season has started and the new season will do so in a few weeks, yet guys like Youri, who apparently had a whole load of suitors after him is still here. Everything is up in the air, we've got several players on large contracts that aren't good enough and nobody else wants. Youri and Cags can walk away for free next summer and we have no money to spend unless we sell. It's not the best situation to be in.

2 hours ago, 4everfox said:

I think Top is being cautious about backing Rodgers after last summer when he was backed massively, which at the time was the right thing to do because we had just finished 5th twice in a row and won the FA Cup.  The question is, why should Top do that again when Rodgers has displayed a clear inability to consistently recruit good players?

I am going to say this one last time, then I will stop, I promise.

Rodgers is but one cog and not the most important one in transfers; that’s down to the recruitment team primarily. I realise it’s easy to blame the boss (he isn’t) but it’s misplaced.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Rodgers is but one cog and not the most important one in transfers; that’s down to the recruitment team primarily. I realise it’s easy to blame the boss (he isn’t) but it’s misplaced.

Only constant is that Rodgers at nearly all the clubs he's been at has not done well with transfers under his tenure but improving the players he inherits he prospers in. It can't just be bad luck but you are right, he's not signing off on all of these deals.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 4everfox said:

That raises the question - why keep a manager you won’t back?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Go on say it again, I dare you.  

I am no fan of Rodgers, this is my opinion and I'm entitled to it, as are those who think he's the man for the job.  I very much hope he proves me wrong next season.

However, as much as you may dislike Rodgers as coach to blame him for transfers when we have a Director of Football, Head of Recruitment and a team beneath them smacks of blinkered belligerence against the man.  It is pointless to reason against that sort of attitude.  

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

Go on say it again, I dare you.  

I am no fan of Rodgers, this is my opinion and I'm entitled to it, as are those who think he's the man for the job.  I very much hope he proves me wrong next season.

However, as much as you may dislike Rodgers as coach to blame him for transfers when we have a Director of Football, Head of Recruitment and a team beneath them smacks of blinkered belligerence against the man.  It is pointless to reason against that sort of attitude.  

Not sure what you took from my post to illicit the response, but I was saying transfers have not that much to do with Rodgers, it’s the recruitment team mainly.

I am indifferent to Rodgers but do believe he deserves a chance this season, but expectations are quite low, or pragmatic as I see it anyway.

Top 8 would be ‘ok’ any higher quite encouraging.

We need to tread water for a few years until the hoped for youth production line comes on stream.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure what you took from my post to illicit the response, but I was saying transfers have not that much to do with Rodgers, it’s the recruitment team mainly.

I am indifferent to Rodgers but do believe he deserves a chance this season, but expectations are quite low, or pragmatic as I see it anyway.

Top 8 would be ‘ok’ any higher quite encouraging.

We need to tread water for a few years until the hoped for youth production line comes on stream.

Apologies I was agreeing with you... 

Perhaps my final paragraph was poorly worded, I meant people in general rather than 'you' in a specific sense.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

I know all of this. Everyone knows all of this. I thought it would just be implied that I meant most of the signings made under Rodgers' tenure haven't improved our starting 11. As manager, he is the face and voice of the club, so naturally his name will be mentioned alongside any criticism or praise, it's a natural part of his job. No need to be patronising. 

1 minute ago, 4everfox said:

I know all of this. Everyone knows all of this. I thought it would just be implied that I meant most of the signings made under Rodgers' tenure haven't improved our starting 11. As manager, he is the face and voice of the club, so naturally his name will be mentioned alongside any criticism or praise, it's a natural part of his job. No need to be patronising. 

Was not trying to be patronising so apologies if that's how it came over, but blaming everything on the manager is hardly unheard on here

• Like 2