Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

1 hour ago, Phenom said:

That raises the question - why keep a manager you won’t back?

Because it will cost a fortune to get rid of him and replace him, and a new manager would only join if he was allowed make some of his own new signings. That's not really viable when our squad is already overloaded with players we don't use that are on higher wages than anyone else will pay. We need to start spending more wisely, and if that means not backing the manager with his rebuild idea then it's a decision that has been made in the best interest of the club. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Was not trying to be patronising so apologies if that's how it came over, but blaming everything on the manager is hardly unheard on here

No problem. I'm not actually one of those that wants to see the back of Rodgers. It's in the best interest of the club to support him heading into the new season. Let's wipe the slate clean and make the KP loud again. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Because it will cost a fortune to get rid of him and replace him, and a new manager would only join if he was allowed make some of his own new signings. That's not really viable when our squad is already overloaded with players we don't use that are on higher wages than anyone else will pay. We need to start spending more wisely, and if that means not backing the manager with his rebuild idea then it's a decision that has been made in the best interest of the club. 

or It’s also not good management or best interest of the club to not back him & see how it goes because if it doesn’t go well you have to sack him anyway so that’s that cost, probably then costs to get new man and his whole back room team in, then he will want money to get his own players and now we are in a January window which is renowned for being over priced due to teams can see who’s desperate or not you’ve now tripled the layout in 4mths 🤷‍♂️ 

19 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

Then expectations should be lowered and we should settle for mid table mediocrity.

22 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Then expectations should be lowered and we should settle for mid table mediocrity.

That's not how it works unfortunately. We were mostly disappointed with last season because it preceded a 5th place finish and an FA cup win. I think expectations will naturally be lower this season because we finished 8th last season, but not to the extent that we will just happily accept a mid table finish. Football fans want to see their team progress, its the nature of the game, so I think we've got to do better than last season and finish 7th. That's genuinely achievable for this team, even if we don't sign anybody, and providing we don't have a repeat of last seasons injury crisis. We also know how a season to bed in to a new league can help as a player, so you never know, maybe Soumare and Daka turn into world beaters this season. 

10 hours ago, StinckleyFox said:

In fairness I think he is more questioning whether or not Top is running the club the same way Vichai did? Definitely could have framed his original question a bit better.

Have to remember as well though that not all Leicester fans now were brought up supporting Leicester. Recent success will have brought on lots of new admirers who won't know a massive amount about the clubs history etc.

Thanks for the support I think , u got to remember that living down under we get nothing about how the club is running , or how the owners are travelling in money sense. Ur right I just wanted to know if TOP was still putting in the same effort as his father . I have been supporter since 1969 , and the best thing that ever happened to our club was the Thai owners buying the club and them winning the league with there involvement. But again living down under info on Leicester is almost 0 . So I have to ask this forum for info , even if it’s sounds bad to some on here who no more than me . Cheers 

• Like 1

Or maybe we have a bloated squad and need to trim the squad to make room for new additions. 

we may have funds but they are not endless and we have a high wage bill in ratio to revenue. 

personally I don’t believe we are skint I just think it’s a case that we have to manage the 25 man playing squad and free up wage bill. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Another player that @Ric Flair recommended awhile back, 15m seems a bargain for a up and coming player whose had a great season in the championship. Spurs seem to have bought a great mix of talent from Europe and here😒.... Conte didn't talk about a rebuild ...I thought Brendan was going to do that 😒

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

3 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Another player that @Ric Flair recommended awhile back, 15m seems a bargain for a up and coming player whose had a great season in the championship. Spurs seem to have bought a great mix of talent from Europe and here😒.... Conte didn't talk about a rebuild ...I thought Brendan was going to do that 😒

Right back is the last position we need reinforcements in.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Spurs are will probably end up 3rd this season, made some good signings. 

They’ve made what look to be some very shrewd signings. Not one of them have I thought makes no sense.

But that’s Conte. He’s brilliant at knowing which players he wants to play his favoured formations.

I also think Arsenal have signed a gem in Jesus and that Sterling will be a great fit for Chelsea.

As I’ve said before, we can’t compete with this level of transfer activity and the gap is getting ever wider. For us to have players like Bednarek on our radar shows the chasm that exists between the top sides and ‘the rest’.

Edited by Col city fan

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Spurs are will probably end up 3rd this season, made some good signings. 

Possibly but football can be unpredictable. Spurs know full well the feeling of signing a good batch of players in the summer, then flopping.

Guest Col city fan
2 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Possibly but football can be unpredictable. Spurs know full well the feeling of signing a good batch of players in the summer, then flopping.

They’ve not had a manager like Conte before nor the financial backing from Levy like they’ve had this summer.

They are clearly going for it.

I'm convinced Forest could sign 4 players from Barrow and some here would be devastated and expecting them to push for European spots this season. After all, the more signings you make the more betterer your team is

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Which clubs in the top 5 leagues are after a goalkeeper?

Specifically Spain, Italy and Portugal? 

And does anyone in Denmark need one?