Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

3 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

that’s the confusing part. surely a risk free 3 years at a club pushing for europe is more sensible than 1 year with a bit more upfront cash? 

If he flops and they go down, the poor lad will end up playing for everton next year 

He's gonna get a decent signing on fee (or huge wages again) at the next club in 12 months time, which may well be WHU, especially if he has a good season.

26 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

There’s an option in lingards contract for another season if forest stay up. It’s really not a bad deal for them….

I have to agree, much as it pains me to say it.  He is getting nearly 10.5 million a year, with an option of another year, plus a big chunk of the reported 15 million signing on fee. They are basically paying 25 million for the season, to a player they would have had to pay somewhere near that too as a transfer fee to another club had he not been on a free, and then wages on top of that. So they are probably getting him relatively cheap compared to what they would have had to pay for a normal transfer between clubs and player. They also know if they go down, he will be off their books next season and won't be lumbered with his wages in the championship.  I suppose there is a case to say if they had got him on a longer deal, they may have been able to sell him next season anyway, and got some of their money back, but what they have done, is still made a pretty safe deal, which is a decent deal for both them and him. Hopefully though he will only be interested in going there for the quick buck, and turn out to be a flop, and  Notts Forest scum still go back down, never to be seen again.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

I have to agree, much as it pains me to say it.  He is getting nearly 10.5 million a year, with an option of another year, plus a big chunk of the reported 15 million signing on fee. They are basically paying 25 million for the season, to a player they would have had to pay somewhere near that too as a transfer fee to another club had he not been on a free, and then wages on top of that. So they are probably getting him relatively cheap compared to what they would have had to pay for a normal transfer between clubs and player. They also know if they go down, he will be off their books next season and won't be lumbered with his wages in the championship.  I suppose there is a case to say if they had got him on a longer deal, they may have been able to sell him next season anyway, and got some of their money back, but what they have done, is still made a pretty safe deal, which is a decent deal for both them and him. Hopefully though he will only be interested in going there for the quick buck, and turn out to be a flop, and  Notts Forest scum still go back down, never to be seen again.

As galling as it is they are not going down - they will surprise people and have some quality plus a very good manager.

I think this season is going to be bumpy and we better be ready to start well otherwise I have a feeling we might be the other surprise of the season - for the wrong reasons!

I think we will be fine, we still have a very good first 11, but we lack a bit of quality depth in the squad, which is why the transfer window has been so disappointing so far.  As for Notts Forest, they have brought in a lot of new players, but they have to gel, which there is no guarantee they will, and to be honest I think most of their other signings are an unknown in the Premier league  in terms of if they are good enough or if they will even be able to adapt to it. I'm still hopefull that they will go back down to oblivion. 

I think it's a good move for Forest, unfortunately. The wage discrepancy won't be an issue until further down the line. The opportunity of PL football and being competitive will stop that affecting the side this year.

22 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Armando Broja to West Ham. An exciting young talent signing for a club pushing the top six. A boy can dream! 

Could be a good signing for them. Considering how many injuries we had last season and how disappointing it was as a whole, they only finished 4 points ahead of us, I wouldn’t  say they are pushing top 6 much more than us. 

Just now, -sodapop said:

I mean it's definitely possible, but they've strengthened a squad that already finished above our current squad + Lookman.

We have a much stronger first 11 than last season though who have all progressed, They have Europe and players need to gel.. we could do with one or two signings but I still think we have a good chance of finishing above them this season.

40 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Aguerd, Kostic, Scamacca, Downes and Areola is a super frustratingly good window from them.

Makes last season's window from us look absolutely dreadful in comparison,

It will also be double what we paid last season though. We've only once spent anywhere near that amount in a summer and never had a net spend of that.

17 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

£15m offer for Brighton's Neal Maupay from Salernitana in Serie A....

Surely we could offload Kele for close to double 

as always… it’s the wages that are the problem. he will be on at least double what maupay is on 

2 hours ago, LFox99 said:

£15m offer for Brighton's Neal Maupay from Salernitana in Serie A....

Surely we could offload Kele for close to double 

seen alot of talk from newcastle lot that kel's one of their main targets and we're looking for around £30m for him ..whether its waffle or not who knows guess we'll see

27 minutes ago, brownboy93 said:

seen alot of talk from newcastle lot that kel's one of their main targets and we're looking for around £30m for him ..whether its waffle or not who knows guess we'll see

Could see them getting desperate and coming in for him, they are failing to land their targets up front.

• Like 3