Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think that would be easy to argue if we were getting outperformed by other none top 6 clubs, but we were 30m ahead of the likes of West Ham, Everton and Wolves. 

I think the title win whilst a massive achievement but was viewed by many as a one-off, I think being a regular around the top of the table 2or 3 years has made more of an impact.

Only by having sustained success do you start attracting better sponsorship and commercial deals. 

That's interesting, I wasn't aware of that we had such a gap, especially with West Ham and Everton, that surprises me.

I suppose logically we could well have had sponsorship deals that had x amount of years on, so couldn't have done anything till they expired anyway. Which like you say, is where sustained success will count when negotiating new deals and opportunities.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

These next couple of years are crucial. 10 players out of contract next summer but also some key players potentially running contracts down that we really need resolving which we either sell or increase their wages to put further strain on our overall wages (Ndidi, Maddison etc). It's why we need our academy to be producing players ready to step in, as well as recruiting half a dozen players in the next year or two on salaries less than we currently pay. It's a big job.

Success makes you fat and makes you forget what you did to be successful in the first place.

We need to become leaner again and make better decisions, on contracts and recruitment. 

I also think wages paid by none big 6 clubs will reduce, and it will become even harder to retain players as a non-big 6 club.

I think the only way to keep growing is bringing our own players though and going back to the model of one big sale a season. 

I understand why the club choose not to do that last season, but in hindsight, we should have sold Youri last summer for 50m and reinvested. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

That's interesting, I wasn't aware of that we had such a gap, especially with West Ham and Everton, that surprises me.

I suppose logically we could well have had sponsorship deals that had x amount of years on, so couldn't have done anything till they expired anyway. Which like you say, is where sustained success will count when negotiating new deals and opportunities.

This was from Deloitte’s Football Money League, I suppose some of the 30m is due to European football, I think around half.

I suppose COVID hasn't helped the marketplace.

Interesting that winning recent trophies has little bearing as it has done Spur no harm, regular exposure to European football is the real difference maker. 

2022-03-21-193644788-Top-30-football-clubs-with-highest-income (1).jpg

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

This was from Deloitte’s Football Money League, I suppose some of the 30m is due to European football, I think around half.

I suppose COVID hasn't helped the marketplace.

Interesting that winning recent trophies has little bearing as it has done Spur no harm, regular exposure to European football is the real difference maker. 

2022-03-21-193644788-Top-30-football-clubs-with-highest-income (1).jpg

Ah I thought you meant purely commercial :D

Yeah I'd expect us to be ahead of them due to our European exploits. To really have longevity we either need to commit and nail a plan of developing young players and being happy to sell them. Or we need to up our commercial income, which is what sets the big 6 apart from the other clubs.

It's good to see Man U tumbling down the list, they've been hanging on purely thanks to their ability to bring in ridiculous sums of money.

Fully expect Newcastle to shoot up that table with some creative sponsorships and deals being made haha.

4 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ah I thought you meant purely commercial :D

Yeah I'd expect us to be ahead of them due to our European exploits. To really have longevity we either need to commit and nail a plan of developing young players and being happy to sell them. Or we need to up our commercial income, which is what sets the big 6 apart from the other clubs.

It's good to see Man U tumbling down the list, they've been hanging on purely thanks to their ability to bring in ridiculous sums of money.

Fully expect Newcastle to shoot up that table with some creative sponsorships and deals being made haha.

Sorry, misunderstood. 

I've had a look for purely commercial income but not really found anything useful, also some teams are being a bit naughty and artificially inflating the value of deals.

I think the move to FBS was a reflection that we need to maximise income. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Sorry, misunderstood. 

I've had a look for purely commercial income but not really found anything useful, also some teams are being a bit naughty and artificially inflating the value of deals.

I think the move to FBS was a reflection that we need to maximise income. 

Yeah that certainly seemed like a step in the right direction.

This is about the limit of my contribution when it comes to the finanical side of things. I hope we're doing the best we can :D 

I feel much more comfortable critiquing playing style and transfer strategy lol

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

https://www.nycfc.com/news/new-york-city-football-club-forward-taty-castellanos-to-join-girona-fc-on-loan

technically it's just movement within clubs under the same ownership, but we are now officially the last team in the top leagues of England, Spain, France, Italy or Germany to sign a player

Oof. 

When you put it in that context its a bit bleak. 

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Saints trying to buy another Man City youngster. Personally I’d be rather worried about putting all my eggs in that basket.

It's there new scout Joe Shields .....it's all he knows the entire Man City youth Academy. Just typed his name and a article about him in today's UK online newspaper daily mail, seems he's taking credit for all Southamptons signings coming from Man City. 

Don't know whether Man city's Academy players can replicate the success of Chelsea youth system.

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

It's there new scout Joe Shields .....it's all he knows the entire Man City youth Academy. Just typed his name and a article about him in today's UK online newspaper daily mail, seems he's taking credit for all Southamptons signings coming from Man City. 

Don't know whether Man city's Academy players can replicate the success of Chelsea youth system.

Yeah I knew the reason as obviously he’s replacing our new bloke. Just suggesting the entire Man City youth team to your new employer doesn’t look great to highlight your knowledge of players. 

• Like 1

Living Australia, we don’t get a lot of info on fair play laws re: what teams came spend , how some can spent millions yet others are limited . 
so my question is this arsenal have signed 5 new players yet they have only released 1 , they have also brought back loan players , can someone tell me how they get away with this , when we can do nothing . 

5 minutes ago, Bptiger said:

Living Australia, we don’t get a lot of info on fair play laws re: what teams came spend , how some can spent millions yet others are limited . 
so my question is this arsenal have signed 5 new players yet they have only released 1 , they have also brought back loan players , can someone tell me how they get away with this , when we can do nothing . 

Don't you have the internet? :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bptiger said:

In a nutshell, it’s all linked to income over a set period. 

The higher your income, the more you can spend. 

Just stealing the table from

above, Arsenal have over €100m extra per season. Over the course of three seasons that’s €300m.

1049310604_2022-03-21-193644788-Top-30-football-clubs-with-highest-income(1).thumb.jpg.42b05b2834fc4a0f66172b614858db03.jpg.e38e37197f48e9f0f30d64ec1822a4b8.jpg

You can see our annual salaries on this website. 

https://www.capology.com/club/leicester/salaries/

Compare us with the likes of Arsenal and you can see we’ve pushed the boat out in recent years, therefore most of the money we’re generating, is being used for salaries. At the moment, we’re hampered by last seasons recruitment push and not selling a player like we have done previously. Now if it all clicks and Soumare, Daka, Vestergaard etc click, we’re okay! 

Arsenal have also sold some players so have generated income. Whilst the only

players that has left us, was on a free / contract expiry. 

Vontae Daley-Campbell

Callum Hulme

Will Russ

Tyrese Shade

Jacob Wakeling

Jack Butterfill

We need our academy to produce players that we can sell to lower league teams and this is how the likes of Chelsea and Liverpool have sustained growth. We also need to be more commercially savvy and generate additional income via naming rights etc. I’m inclined to believe that our stadium deal isn’t the best sponsorship deal for Leicester City Football Club, however it’s had a much wider impact on the growth of the King Power Group. 

We are also run in a much more sustainable way compared to other clubs, therefore we aren’t taking the gambles that they are. Player recruitment is a big risk, so spending money is difficult. We need to producing players through Seagrave and that takes time. We are most likely at the point where we need to stand still for 12 - 24 months, then start to bear the fruits of our labour with selling the likes of Wright, Alves, Braybrook, Iversen, Brunt etc, if they don’t make it into our first team squad. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

These next couple of years are crucial. 10 players out of contract next summer but also some key players potentially running contracts down that we really need resolving which we either sell or increase their wages to put further strain on our overall wages (Ndidi, Maddison etc). It's why we need our academy to be producing players ready to step in, as well as recruiting half a dozen players in the next year or two on salaries less than we currently pay. It's a big job.

They need game time to be ready to step in. Not sure that’s happening with this manager. Hopefully I’m wrong and another KDH will emerge this season. If it’s Callum Wright and he makes and impact similar to KDH, that competition for RW sorted. Only down side is that he’s 22, so takes up a spot in the 25, and as we aren’t desperate for home grown, getting him in is tough right now (unless anyone not worth much leaves, like Hamza). That means we need to blood some U21s or get them regular and competitive first team football now, to help with next year

6 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Arsenal's turnover is obscene that's why

40 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Arsenal's turnover is obscene that's why

Unfortunately for Arsenal what those charts don't show is that their ownership will gleefully pocket large chunks of the profit and have very little interest in reinvesting on a large scale. 

This summer is the most they've spent in ages, isn't it? And even then what have they really bought? A bunch of top 8ish talent.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Unfortunately for Arsenal what those charts don't show is that their ownership will gleefully pocket large chunks of the profit and have very little interest in reinvesting on a large scale. 

This summer is the most they've spent in ages, isn't it? And even then what have they really bought? A bunch of top 8ish talent.

They chuffed up a fair amount last summer too. Spent years boasting that once their stadium was paid off they'd be able to blow other clubs out the water financially but waited until they were scrabbling around for 8th and 9th place finishes before they started wedging up.