Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

He’ll now go out on loan for the next 4 years, before signing for someone like Roma or Dortmund. After that, one of the greedy 6 will buy him for something silly like £100m

Probably Chelsea lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest Col city fan
18 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Bloody hell the arses have spent some serious dosh and spent it well too!

gonna be a force to reckon with this season. Absolutely spanked seville off the pitch last week.

What was it, 6-1? Jesus with a hat-trick?

I think  @Finnegan's comment about Jesus not being all that, could bite him firmly on the arris this season.

But we'll see. its very very early doors

3 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

How can West Ham spend another £40m on Onana? I know they've had new investment, but aren't they a part of the "other 14" like us that need to adhere to these new rules? :huh:

Their net spend for the last 3 years is about -£200m, with the only significant transfer revenue being Haller at £20m. It’s crazy spending. Shows how well we do in comparison. 

• Like 1

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I suppose some of it's off-set against Rice going for upwards of £50m next summer, but still mental spending. Don't understand how they get away with it, is it because they are in Europe? 

Can’t just be Europe, they’ve only qualified twice in the last 5 or so years. This year is only the conference league for them too. Maybe the stadium is generating a lot of income for them? Other than that I’m not really sure.

5 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Can’t just be Europe, they’ve only qualified twice in the last 5 or so years. This year is only the conference league for them too. Maybe the stadium is generating a lot of income for them? Other than that I’m not really sure.

I thought it must be the stadium, because they host tonnes of events. But then don't they rent it still? So surely any event revenue goes to the government still?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

How can West Ham spend another £40m on Onana? I know they've had new investment, but aren't they a part of the "other 14" like us that need to adhere to these new rules? :huh:

Need to scrutinise their recent annual accounts but they have a small squad and their wages to turnover wasn't obscene I don't think. They are pushing it these last 2 years though.

West Ham have had people on reasonable contracts haven't they? We've done ourselves on ridiculous contracts for 4 or 5 players theatre nowhere near good enough. Shows you how 3 or 4 bad moves can wreck you moving forward 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

West Ham have a stadium with double the capacity of ours, double revenue in that sector, and now have some consistency with European football revenue, which we no longer have

Don't think they've pulled in much more in total revenue though have they? 

9 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

West Ham have a stadium with double the capacity of ours, double revenue in that sector, and now have some consistency with European football revenue, which we no longer have

I wouldn't say they have any European football consistency yet, this will be their 2nd season with European football and it is straight into Conference rather than Europa this season

52 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

More than likely because they will cash in on Rice at some point in the next 12 months. 

Just to add West Ham's wage bill in 20/21 was £129m compared to ours £192m (which increased 22% from 19/20 but that was partly due to deferred salaries caused by COVID)

Wages are the major issue, not transfer fees.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 4

Guest Kopfkino
49 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I mean if you look at the last two sets of accounts and add them together so you don’t have to adjust for how both clubs have accounted for covid - Not the best way to do it but it’s sufficient if you’re lazy

Then we’ve spent 92% of turnover on staff costs, they spent 78%. That’s with us benefitting from higher league finishes and a season of European football.

Last set of accounts, they carried an amortisation charge of 57m, ours was 71m. 

I’d say if you look at last season, both clubs had similar transfer windows but we don’t know the costs exactly but they likely got no worse off relative to us. Theyve  also managed to lose the wages of Noble, Yarmolenko, Fredericks this season.

Trouble may well be coming for them next year although contracts expiring mean there’ll be wages freed up. Everton had the problem last year, us this year. Maybe them next year especially with Rice in a Tielemans situation.

We are different because we have had actual success and rewarded the players who gave us that success with new deals, and rightly so… but in doing so we’ve also dragged up the average wage of the squad and have been forced/duped into paying high wages for recent poor acquisitions. 

Acting like a club in Europe, but then we lost Europe. We will need to be much more careful with wages in the future and operate as though we expect to be flirting with being in and out of European competition. Realistically that is where we are.

I have every faith we will see the error of our ways and in a few years we will be looking rosier than some of our competition on the financial front. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

We are different because we have had actual success and rewarded the players who gave us that success with new deals, and rightly so… but in doing so we’ve also dragged up the average wage of the squad and have been forced/duped into paying high wages for recent poor acquisitions. 

Acting like a club in Europe, but then we lost Europe. We will need to be much more careful with wages in the future and operate as though we expect to be flirting with being in and out of European competition. Realistically that is where we are.

I have every faith we will see the error of our ways and in a few years we will be looking rosier than some of our competition on the financial front. 

The problem Leicester is in is crystal clear imo.

We have too many bang average players on salaries that are well over-inflated for their level of ability.

Perez could move but I guess he’s on biggish bucks.

Hamza could go out on loan but no Championship side could afford his wages.

Amartey, even if we wanted to loan him out or something, who’s gonna pay his salary for a player of his level of ability?

Vestie… no point even discussing it

I reckon even Soumare is on a decent wedge… again, for his ability level.

This is where Leicester have shot them selves in the foot. They’ve been lazy in the transfer market I think. And have just agreed to pay players well over what they are worth when they should have rotated a lot sooner than this.