Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

As far as I can make out, the option is a formality. Based on number of appearances and them not going down. Although that's just what's been rumoured it's not official. 

Cody's Everton interview was one of someone leaving for good though. 

1 hour ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

He struggles in a back four from what I’ve seen from Wolves fans, which they’ve changed to this season. 

Good pal of mine said this + the want to do right by him and give him a chance to play first team football when he's got an outside chance at getting an England call up if he performs.

7 hours ago, Pick Good Name Later said:

Leipzig signing Timo Werner for an initial £16.5m. Bought for £43m. 

Two thoughts. Chelsea love a shambolic transfer. Salah, De Bruyne, Lukaku to name but a couple.

Second thought. Disregarding wages, loyalties, current limitations, and a very suspect stint at Chelsea who do seem to have a habit of ruining strikers. At £16.5m that’s a great piece of business. In a different world, would not have minded him here one bit. Wouldn’t have been a terrible replacement for old Jamie.

i do get the sense that this won’t be the last we see of him. He was simply too good before he went to chelsea. 

There’s a player in there for sure. 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Coady isn't good in a back 4 and yet our fans would want him here? Brilliant, and no doubt you'd then moan when we played 3 at the back and were crap like we usually are in that system.

If it was a straight swap Conor Coady for Amartey I’d drive him here myself!

Anything to get him back to ‘fourth choice’ 😂 would be useful. 

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Coady isn't good in a back 4 and yet our fans would want him here? Brilliant, and no doubt you'd then moan when we played 3 at the back and were crap like we usually are in that system.

He's as close to Vestergaard mk2 as it's possible to get - decent on the ball and good at spraying those long passes out to the wings, but slow, weak, poor in the air and of very little use if you set up in anything other than a 5 at the back low block with two more physical centre backs to babysit him.

• Like 2

Funny that the media have focused so much on us being potential underachievers this season when Wolves look in a bit of trouble to me. Finished last season terribly, Jiminez out for a while, only new signing is a centre back from Burnley and now losing someone who has been a real leader for them.