Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Get the green light on stadium expansion and that will cost an absolute fortune. I agree it's highly frustrating, but the reality is we aren't the richest club around, far from it. That money spent last summer was such a waste and has restrained us this summer. £60m on absolute cack.

None of that infrastructure investment counts towards FFP though, so if they've gone into the stadium expansion knowing it means we'll be so skint that we're unable to invest in the squad for god knows how long, then that's ridiculous. If we can't even make signings on the back of huge incoming transfer fees, then that's ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

100m training ground and expanded ground with arena, hotel and apartments is more important. Will look nice in the championship.

Hey, at least we’ll have the bast facilities in championship, that must count for something right? 🤣

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Its a bit mad if we have gone off to build a new training ground and a stadium expansion and chosen to ignore the first team as a result. It makes no sense what we are doing this summer. 

Yep. Literally a waste of time if we go and get relegated. 

Just now, indierich06 said:

None of that infrastructure investment counts towards FFP though, so if they've gone into the stadium expansion knowing it means we'll be so skint that we're unable to invest in the squad for god knows how long, then that's ridiculous. If we can't even make signings on the back of huge incoming transfer fees, then that's ridiculous. 

I agree, but there must be a reason why we've not spent a bean at all. The term speculate to accumulate surely would come into play. We get over 100mil just for being in the division this year, we are getting money for Fofana, you would think we could sign at least two 20 to 30m players without going bust. I think the club have thought another mid table season with no spending and help fund the ground expansion etc but probably didn't think we would be bottom and losing Fofana.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

None of it makes sense based on what we've been told publicly and our behaviour and actions this summer, so I'm really not sure. 

Yeah, if we were that desperate, why are we rejecting bids for our top talent or holding out as much as possible, as in the case of Fofana?

This doesn't make much sense, the fans deserve some communication quickly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Its a bit mad if we have gone off to build a new training ground and a stadium expansion and chosen to ignore the first team as a result. It makes no sense what we are doing this summer. 

I agree mate. The green light is given at the upcoming council meeting and it's all systems go. Long term will be brilliant but the here and now suggests we might need a player or two. Hoping Top and team pull something like Gakpo or Lacroix out the fire and save our skin. 

3 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I agree, but there must be a reason why we've not spent a bean at all. The term speculate to accumulate surely would come into play. We get over 100mil just for being in the division this year, we are getting money for Fofana, you would think we could sign at least two 20 to 30m players without going bust. I think the club have thought another mid table season with no spending and help fund the ground expansion etc but probably didn't think we would be bottom and losing Fofana.

Yep, it all stinks frankly. More going on behind the scenes than we know, I think.

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I agree mate. The green light is given at the upcoming council meeting and it's all systems go. Long term will be brilliant but the here and now suggests we might need a player or two. Hoping Top and team pull something like Gakpo or Lacroix out the fire and save our skin. 

At the moment the stadium expansion is heading for the long grass. A new ownership may revive it but I am not holding my breath.

Having one of the best training grounds in the worl, a refurbished 40 odd thousand seater stadium, hotels, apartments etc and Brownhill, Denayer and Harit in the squad is the very definition of Fir coat and no knickers. 

4 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Get the green light on stadium expansion and that will cost an absolute fortune. I agree it's highly frustrating, but the reality is we aren't the richest club around, far from it. That money spent last summer was such a waste and has restrained us this summer. £60m on absolute cack.

Our biggest net spend has been £60m in a year and is usually about £20m. West Ham have spent over £50m on one player - yet some people still expect us to be finishing in the top 6.

No matter how good the owners have been, we really haven’t spent enough as a club to be realistically challenging at the top end consistently.. god I hate saying that. 

31 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

fvck me, we are finished if we lose out on a player of his quality to Southampton and end up with harit. 

Feel sick 

Dw, PSV are holding out for 50m from United for him. That bid isnt anywhere near enough 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Our biggest net spend has been £60m in a year and is usually about £20m. West Ham have spent over £50m on one player - yet some people still expect us to be finishing in the top 6.

No matter how good the owners have been, we really haven’t spent enough as a club to be realistically challenging at the top end consistently.. god I hate saying that. 

Steady …..

there’s a few that won’t like hearing this …..

we have performed on our wage bill though ! 

Please show the evidence where we’re seriously linked with Gakpo, a spurious rumour and thoughts in your head don’t count. 

We can’t buy every decent player and I assume with a budget there is no way we spunk £25m on a left winger. WE NEED a right winger and have limited funds, it’s not rocket science. 

Seriously we all love this club and wants what’s best for it (Rodger’s sacked etc) but I worry for the mental health of some on here. We can’t control it no point getting agitated what another clubs doing. 

16 minutes ago, MadsEmil said:

Dw, PSV are holding out for 50m from United for him. That bid isnt anywhere near enough 

Yeah did think that is v cheap for him. Presume that Anthony will be made official soon. 

I'm sure Arsenal showed some interest in Gakpo at the start of the window. 

6 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

We can’t buy every decent player and I assume with a budget there is no way we spunk £25m on a left winger. WE NEED a right winger and have limited funds, it’s not rocket science. 

Our squad is so unbalanced that one injury to Barnes ruins the entire way we play. We shouldn't have got in this position where we have one starting winger available to us so another LW will not only give competition to Barnes but enable is to play the way we want. I'm sure he'd be better than Perez and Albrighton on the right too.

36 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

When we have bigger gaps in the squad to deal with there is no way we should be going out spending £25m on another left winger, however nice it would be to have him.

It’s a bit like chasing a number 10 when we’re not even running a formation that utilities 1 at the minute lol 

8 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Our squad is so unbalanced that one injury to Barnes ruins the entire way we play. We shouldn't have got in this position where we have one starting winger available to us so another LW will not only give competition to Barnes but enable is to play the way we want. I'm sure he'd be better than Perez and Albrighton on the right too.

But that’s not the club’s priority position our priority should to be a right winger. 

We’ve sat here the whole summer and been told we can’t bring anyone in and you’d think the club would now be targeting a CB and a right winger with the LIMITED time left. 

Gakpo is a brilliant player and competition and balance is something any rational city fan could agree with, but he is an out and out left winger and wouldn’t bring any balance at all to the squad, as it is now. 

Lookman plus an actual right winger makes it balanced. But the club have missed the boat there.