Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

46 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Leeds now splashing £35mill on Rutter at Hoffenheim.

I mean I knew at some point we would fall away from being "the best of the rest" but christ we can't do anything can we?

If you didn't have the funds to buy players in the summer, then you're not suddenly going to find some down the back of the FFP sofa in January. 

Pretty much as expected tbh. 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

If you didn't have the funds to buy players in the summer, then you're not suddenly going to find some down the back of the FFP sofa in January. 

Pretty much as expected tbh. 

Not quite. The club took out a loan against the Fofana deal so we could use the money earlier.

That's over £40m but over two transfer windows - this one and the Summer - unless we make a sale. 

Wouldn't be surprised if we spent around half that money this month on a new LB and RW. 

51 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Not quite. The club took out a loan against the Fofana deal so we could use the money earlier.

That's over £40m but over two transfer windows - this one and the Summer - unless we make a sale. 

Wouldn't be surprised if we spent around half that money this month on a new LB and RW. 

£20 million for a LB and RW? Where you shopping? League 1? 

3 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

£20 million for a LB and RW? Where you shopping? League 1? 

Southampton have just managed two deals for less than £20m.

Hoping of course we spend more, trying to be realistic. The club could decide to spend more of the money now but we’re left with less in the Summer unless we make a major sale i.e Maddison. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Something is very definitely up with Leicester and our fiances.

Every other club barring Everton has been splashing the case like it's going out of fashion thanks to new record breaking Premier League broadcasting deals. Mid and bottom table clubs have been some of the worst offenders, Leeds, Villa, Wolves, Forest, Fulham, etc. Now don't get me wrong, at one point our wages to operating profit turover was something like 107% (IE we were paying more in wages than we were making), so we can't exactly be crying a river. But it simply does not make sense for a club like us that at one point looked like it was on the verge of consistenty dislodging the top 6 to not just stop going forwards but to actively go backwards. We lost one of our greatest goalkeepers of all time in the summer, replacing him with a backup option in Smithies, and after selling one of our best CBs for 70m, replaced him for one that cost 18m. Just looking at that deal alone, there should be some money available.

Like many, I support the club through thick and thin. If Covid smashed KP's finances and we are in massive debt and on a downward turn... then that's life and we have to deal with it. We all got to see us win the League and FA Cup in just the last 10 years so we definitely punched above our weight.

But you can 100% see why fans are one of dispaointed, panicked or upset.

I've been saying this all along, but I am sure there are reasons behind it, and it will all come out in the wash eventually. Maybe it will even take a club sale to go through so the dirty laundry is aired. I suspect that we pushed too hard for top 4, over invested and then Covid crippled not only gate reciepts, but more importantly crippled the King Power group, and this is the fallout. Not quite as bad as Everton, Leeds, Blackburn from years gone by but for a club that was praised for how well it was run, it's not a good look.

We had a couple of seasons before this one where we barely went above £0 net spend. That is what allowed us to splash the cash this summer without any major sales. 

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

We had a couple of seasons before this one where we barely went above £0 net spend. That is what allowed us to splash the cash this summer without any major sales. 

Think this was the point Brendan was making, we should've sold maybe tielemans, Soyunchu, iheanacho Mendy, hirst and few of the others who are coming out of contract and refreshed the squad.

The board needed to be brave and instead they're paralysed and we're probably going to let 60m+ walk out the door.

23 minutes ago, The Bear said:

y1N2fDr.png

Can't speak for Wolves, but looking at this table, I don't think Leicester have spent recklessly. (Although maybe contracts are a different issue). Last season we didn't sell anyone and signed Daka, Soumare, Vestergaard and Lookman on loan. This season we sold a major asset in Fofana.

Brighton and Bournemouth had bigger net spends than we did. Brighton to be fair after this season will make a killing because of the Cucurella deal, but still my point is that unlike say Everton who spunked money away like it was going out of fashion, Leicester do not appear to have done that. We built a state of the art Training Academy, have committed to stadium refurbishments and pay our manager a lot, but even with all of that added together, it does not explain why the finances are so bad. Something is up, and all Leicester fans know it. 

I will happily be proven wrong on this, but it doesn't feel right. The way Kasper Schmiechel, an absolute club legend left the club without any fanfare said it all.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Hoping of course we spend more, trying to be realistic. The club could decide to spend more of the money now but we’re left with less in the Summer unless we make a major sale i.e Maddison. 

If this is how we are going to carry on then that’s a ****ing joke 20M spend you’d be lucky to stay up in the championship with that kind of funds

• Like 1

There was a point where holding back looked frugal, or possibly even smart compared to some of the deals clubs actually did. That ship has sailed though. We increasingly look asleep at the wheel. If we had seriously competent people in we'd have two players in already.

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

y1N2fDr.png

Can't speak for Wolves, but looking at this table, I don't think Leicester have spent recklessly. (Although maybe contracts are a different issue). Last season we didn't sell anyone and signed Daka, Soumare, Vestergaard and Lookman on loan. This season we sold a major asset in Fofana.

Brighton and Bournemouth had bigger net spends than we did. Brighton to be fair after this season will make a killing because of the Cucurella deal, but still my point is that unlike say Everton who spunked money away like it was going out of fashion, Leicester do not appear to have done that. We built a state of the art Training Academy, have committed to stadium refurbishments and pay our manager a lot, but even with all of that added together, it does not explain why the finances are so bad. Something is up, and all Leicester fans know it. 

I will happily be proven wrong on this, but it doesn't feel right. The way Kasper Schmiechel, an absolute club legend left the club without any fanfare said it all.

Taking Kasper off the wage bill saved something like £140k per week.

Last season we shipped out Ghezzel, Benkovic, Fuchs, James and Morgan.

You’d like to think the wages of Vestergaard, Bertrand, Soumare and Daka wouldn’t be more than those. 

• Like 1

3 windows with 1 outfield signing will get us nowhere fast. We are short 2 centre halves, a left back, a right winger and a change up centre forward. 

Perez, soyuncu, tielemans and now seemingly maddison are keen to leave while rodgers does not want to play iheanacho, mendy, soyuncu, vestegaard unless forced into it.

We have a joke of a squad with players now in the team who would not get into most other premier league teams and who have no competition in their position. 

No competition at gk, centreback, left back, cm, right wing = poor performance

Guest Chocolate Teapot
5 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

All over isn't it. We all knew it wouldn't last forever but it's come crashing down so quickly. 

Happening very quickly. And seems to be taking them by surprise. Shambles.

27 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

If this is how we are going to carry on then that’s a ****ing joke 20M spend you’d be lucky to stay up in the championship with that kind of funds

Not justifying it, we’re clearly going to have to sell a top asset to have a decent transfer budget in the Summer. 

We’ve rarely had a big net spend, only once in the past 5 years have we spent more than £20m. The big difference is that teams around us are spending far more and we’re slipping behind quickly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Not justifying it, we’re clearly going to have to sell a top asset to have a decent transfer budget in the Summer. 

We’ve rarely had a big net spend, only once in the past 5 years have we spent more than £20m. The big difference is that teams around us are spending far more and we’re slipping behind quickly. 

You cannot stay in the premier league this day and age with that net spend if that is the financial situation of the club then something needs to change wether that be owners or the ways we bring in money!

26 minutes ago, Sly said:

Taking Kasper off the wage bill saved something like £140k per week.

Last season we shipped out Ghezzel, Benkovic, Fuchs, James and Morgan.

You’d like to think the wages of Vestergaard, Bertrand, Soumare and Daka wouldn’t be more than those. 

It just adds to the mystery!

This transfer window will be so interesting. If we only sign loan players, I can't see anything other than major alarm bells going off. It looks like over the next 2 seasons we need to make 10 or so signings. I'm not even talking about 20m+ ones, I am talking about raw players in, that's how many we are losing or will ageing and not first team material. You can't make that many signings in one window, it would be mental. So you've got to bed a couple in this window at the very least, even if they are not the most glamorous signings.

I do think we will make some, but they won't be exciting ones. I would love to be wrong though!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This transfer window will be so interesting. If we only sign loan players, I can't see anything other than major alarm bells going off. It looks like over the next 2 seasons we need to make 10 or so signings. I'm not even talking about 20m+ ones, I am talking about raw players in, that's how many we are losing or will ageing and not first team material. You can't make that many signings in one window, it would be mental. So you've got to bed a couple in this window at the very least, even if they are not the most glamorous signings.

I do think we will make some, but they won't be exciting ones. I would love to be wrong though!

Who knows at this stage. It feels a little disjointed and I’m not sure on the long term projections.

I’m slightly concerned that some people seem comfortable that we’re sleepwalking into this. Not really for this thread though.

We’re definitely moving slowly, when you look at the business being done elsewhere.  

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Who knows at this stage. It feels a little disjointed and I’m not sure on the long term projections.

I’m slightly concerned that some people seem comfortable that we’re sleepwalking into this. Not really for this thread though.

We’re definitely moving slowly, when you look at the business being done elsewhere.  

Same think our problems are more serious than most think, might gut feeling is that we are ****ed

31 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah, something is very odd. I do think we are well within our rights to question the ownership, they themselves are self proclaimed custodians of this football club. Relegation from the position we'd got to is unforgivable regardless of what they've achieved here.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

What's Diabaté up to these days?

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Omari Hutchinson please

Probably harsh to judge him from his first two senior appearances, and against Man City no less. But he stuck out like a sore thumb to me. Thought he looked really poor in pretty much every imaginable aspect.

Entirely possible he just had a couple of bad games of course.