Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

9 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Southampton have just managed two deals for less than £20m.

Hoping of course we spend more, trying to be realistic. The club could decide to spend more of the money now but we’re left with less in the Summer unless we make a major sale i.e Maddison. 

Maddison will go anyway, unless his injury becomes a concern for clubs thinking of buying him, its just how much we can get for him. To be honest this injury and his previous injuries, allied to the fact he will only have a year left on his contract, will most likely be used by the buying club as an excuse to try and get him on the cheap.

I can’t understand how we can have less funds than teams around us after the success we’ve had since being back in the premier league, the amount we’ve made in transfers. It’s not like we’re the only team to waste money on rubbish yet all the other clubs can still chuck money around

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
1 minute ago, FoxOnWheels said:

I can’t understand how we can have less funds than teams around us after the success we’ve had since being back in the premier league, the amount we’ve made in transfers. It’s not like we’re the only team to waste money on rubbish yet all the other clubs can still chuck money around

Makes zero sense to me particularly when you factor in a lot of our inflated wages would have been bonuses resulting from our success. The only plausible explanation is that we're employing a different strategy to everyone else - eg, we've run out of money but are blaming European FFP....

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Makes zero sense to me particularly when you factor in a lot of our inflated wages would have been bonuses resulting from our success. The only plausible explanation is that we're employing a different strategy to everyone else - eg, we've run out of money but are blaming European FFP....

Surely Top realises he can't keep us in the PL without the financial flexibility to improve the squad. If we really don't have the funds to compete - baring in mind we operate largely on our revenue we generate and not by KP pumping money in then I just don't understand how we are in so much shit. Even if we are, then it's not easily fixable without creating significant investment and to do that they have to attract other investment or sell up completely.

I don't see how they'd stomach getting ripped apart and trying to rebuild having achieved what we've achieved. It would smack of failure and an acceptance as such.

5 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I agree which makes me think a change in ownership is maybe needed. Take nothing away from the amazing job they’ve done but we will inevitably end up in the championship if we carry on like this

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Surely Top realises he can't keep us in the PL without the financial flexibility to improve the squad. If we really don't have the funds to compete - baring in mind we operate largely on our revenue we generate and not by KP pumping money in then I just don't understand how we are in so much shit. Even if we are, then it's not easily fixable without creating significant investment and to do that they have to attract other investment or sell up completely.

I don't see how they'd stomach getting ripped apart and trying to rebuild having achieved what we've achieved. It would smack of failure and an acceptance as such.

But then why was we so reluctant to sell anyone in the summer, even Fofana might have stayed if he hasn’t threw his toys out the pram. 

Every rabbit hole my mind goes down when thinking about our finances hits a road block like above. 

Nothing makes sense. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

But then why was we so reluctant to sell anyone in the summer, even Fofana might have stayed if he hasn’t threw his toys out the pram. 

Every rabbit hole my mind goes down when thinking about our finances hits a road block like above. 

Nothing makes sense. 

I do wonder if we were only reluctant to sell at a predetermined price, a price which was once reasonable, a price which we identified for players we were willing to shift, but a price which had become untenable due to financial changes globally/nationally.

4 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

If this injury persists he'll probably go for free like half of our squad.

he hasn't played a game since the whole country were up in arms demanding that Southgate pick him for England as he was the most in form player in the Prem. Whatever is going on at present  it's doubtful his star has fallen that precipitously 

58 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Nothing makes sense. 

Same pal, none of it makes sense.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

At least they’re trying and going for it unlike us! I’d take Doku on loan to buy tbf.

it confuses me how people would be happy with doku but are in fits of rage about boga 🤷‍♂️ 

Doku is a belgian schlupp 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Nothing makes sense. 

Totally it - there are obvious ways of making some dosh but we haven't explored them. Not a single contract has been agreed - even with some pretty average players who'll take a contract quick. 

If they want to protect one of their main assets has a business, if we go down its value will totally drop yet a two or three sensible signings sees it retain its value. I just don't get why it's become so tight.

18 months ago, Fofana got injured we went and threw some money at Vestergaard pretty quickly. 

2 hours ago, LestaLad said:

Hahaha, they’ve spent like 100m over these 2 windows? Surely he won’t go there.

His numbers aren't very good, yet he looked electric in the Euros when he played. I wonder what happened to him? He's a player that is not in form, so not convinced he'd make the immediate difference to any club that brought him. 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

it confuses me how people would be happy with doku but are in fits of rage about boga 🤷‍♂️ 

Doku is a belgian schlupp 

Him and Sulemana have both really struggled at Rennes which has massively surprised me. Both been injured a lot and then Rennes have had two wide players in Terrier and Boureigeaud who have scored obscene amounts of goals in the last 18 months, but still both have been very disappointing.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

The only thing I can think is they know we need a massive rebuild and see the next summer as the ideal time due to contracts and give Glover time to get the necessary work done. 

So so so risky, relegation will rip everything they've built apart. 

Also, even if we stay up, I'm nervous they are capable of large scale rebuild in 1 window as they seem unable to get multiple deals across the line, not to mention how difficult it is to integrate large numbers of new players in to a club. Makes more sense to start ASAP and give more time to get players settled as others arrive.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So so so risky, relegation will rip everything they've built apart. 

Also, even if we stay up, I'm nervous they are capable of large scale rebuild in 1 window as they seem unable to get multiple deals across the line, not to mention how difficult it is to integrate large numbers of new players in to a club. Makes more sense to start ASAP and give more time to get players settled as others arrive.

Also a relegation battle and finishing 16th doesn't make us a great prospect for getting talent in

Edited by ronnup
  • Like 1