Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

20 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Isn’t he a RB 👀 I think we’ve got a few of them lol 

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Solid player, a very experienced right back. Not at all what we need.

Fair enough. I saw 'right side' and presumed he was a winger lol 

Having said that, with Pereira injury-prone and Justin out long-term, it might help with depth if a RB was signed* and Castagne can play LB.

*I'm aware it's not the top priority and other positions should be higher on the list!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, les-tah said:

pains me that other owners want to invest funds so madly into their squad  

we have fell behind massively and now cannot compete with 80% of clubs now on a transfer front.

That's a hideous piece of business wahahahahaaaa

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

He's set up two goals in two sub appearances. Looks decent tbf. I couldn't care less how much we pay for players, it's not my money! 

Yes. but paying too much (transfers, salaries, managers salaries) could put you in a hideous position where relegation is all-but guaranteed!! At least you lot will pull clear (easily).

17 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Shame this probably isn't high on our priority list right now but he's a cracking player and I for the life of me can't understand why he'd go to Forest, he could easily get a spot at a midtable, perhaps even a big 6 side

Hopefully they get relegated and we can take the pick of the bunch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LFox99 said:

Shame this probably isn't high on our priority list right now but he's a cracking player and I for the life of me can't understand why he'd go to Forest, he could easily get a spot at a midtable, perhaps even a big 6 side

Money 

7 hours ago, les-tah said:

pains me that other owners want to invest funds so madly into their squad  

we have fell behind massively and now cannot compete with 80% of clubs now on a transfer front.

Think you need to understand it’s not that they don’t want to spend it’s because they can’t due to FFP, the affects of duty free crashing due to Covid as well as the investment into the training ground. 

If we have that same argument after the summer window then fair enough as the 3 year cycle of FFP will start a fresh.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The Premier League has never been so insane! The cash involved, the players being recruited by all teams, even those that are struggling…The high Caliber coaches like Lopetgui and Emery who took on roles at struggling teams…

I think a lot of teams are going to get into big financial trouble. But it might not even matter because it seems like when one does another sugar daddy arrives to pick up the pieces, like at Villa / Chelsea. It’s becoming too much of a clown fiesta. 

I see KP selling the club in the next 24 months because it’s looking more and more like you can’t run a club sustainably and need some kind of sports washing or mega capitalist backing the club. The Premier League basically already is the super league, meaning that even smaller teams like Bournemouth have huge untapped value. 

Crazy times but I worry for the long term health of the game. 

Although I wonder if the next 2 years is too late, as if we are relegated during this time, we become instantly less valuable/appealing

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Although I wonder if the next 2 years is too late, as if we are relegated during this time, we become instantly less valuable/appealing

We would lose some value but I think we'd still be worth tons. The feel good story, the training academy, the recent heritage with winning trophies. No real rivals in the local vicinity with a large catchment area. I'd be curious how much we'd be worth now actually. 500m?1B?

Maybe if we all have a whip round we can buy it off Top? I'm good for a tenner!

• Like 1