Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

Just now, Foxes96 said:

I know he’s nearly 30 now, but €5 million for Pablo Sarabia is decent business for Wolves. Would’ve certainly taken him here at that price as a rotation option. 

Yeah I'm surprised the fee is so low. Permanent deal too. He's extremely versatile across the front three and has decent output. Just what we need really. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Sounds like your interest in Felipe has cooled @The Bear according to Sky anyway

I'm not sure what's really happening with our CB search. We apparently want Dawson from West Ham, but he's a dirty git and very average. I'd rather have Felipe personally. 

Collins and Kilman are both still young and are making mistakes. We need an experienced player in there at the minute. 

Someone like Lascelles even, who isn't getting a kick at Newcastle. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I can see KP selling the club in the next 24 months because it’s looking more and more like you can’t run a club sustainably

I was driving at that point with a couple of posts I made in the relegation thread (I think it was) when talking of our club's plight 

I think we've boxed ourselves in, our wages (which must be stupidly high given how other clubs are spending so freely) to income is maxed out and FFP prevents us doing much. Or perhaps other clubs are willing to breach FFP (safety in numbers??) 

As it stands, it seems we have to either get the wages bill down (and I still find it unbelievable that we could be paying that much more than other clubs) and/or develop more income streams (I appreciate BTW that FFP is probably more involved than that simple metric) before we can do much more. Or, put another way, perhaps we simply cannot afford to compete in the EPL. We can't be the only club in that situation can we? 

22 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yeah I'm surprised the fee is so low. Permanent deal too. He's extremely versatile across the front three and has decent output. Just what we need really. 

Doing some decent business annoyingly.

Imagine you’re right that Neves or Nunes or possibly both are off in the summer based on this spend, especially with the €50 million on Cunha not featuring until the summer. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Doing some decent business annoyingly.

Imagine you’re right that Neves or Nunes or possibly both are off in the summer based on this spend, especially with the €50 million on Cunha not featuring until the summer. 

Plus they've realised that they needed to get in a decent manager who wants backing in the market. Relegation would cost them more in the long run than spending the money now. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Although I wonder if the next 2 years is too late, as if we are relegated during this time, we become instantly less valuable/appealing

Or an 'oven ready' (sorry, again, for that expression) club for an investor; infrastructure etc in place and ready. Too late in many respects, yes, but perhaps not unattractive. 

I don't suggest KP have planned it like that BTW. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, taupe said:

Or an 'oven ready' (sorry, again, for that expression) club for an investor; infrastructure etc in place and ready. Too late in many respects, yes, but perhaps not unattractive. 

I don't suggest KP have planned it like that BTW. 

Don’t apologise, it’s a valid idiom in this instance, and you could well be correct as we would be a very good all rounder next level club, cheaper than a North West or London centric club, but having loads of good infrastructure.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Sarabia is decent business but how on earth are Wolves going to keep Jiminez, Cunha, Podence, Traore, Neto, Guedes, Sarabia, Hwang, Costa and when he's back fit Kaladzic all happy? 

relegation clauses :>

26 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Sarabia is decent business but how on earth are Wolves going to keep Jiminez, Cunha, Podence, Traore, Neto, Guedes, Sarabia, Hwang, Costa and when he's back fit Kaladzic all happy? 

Don't forget Fabio Silva will also be back in the summer. And Chiquinho (young winger) will be fit again too. 

Traore wants to leave and is waiting to go for free in the summer when his contract ends. 

Costa's deal is also up in the summer and he'll go. Not good enough any more. 

Jimenez may well be sold if we can get a fee for him. There's interest in him from Besiktas. 

Guedes and Hwang are both crap tbh and will just be backups. If we get offered loan deals for them they'll likely be moved out. If either can show some use between now and the summer they may well save themselves. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

PSV looking at Tsygankov as a replacement for Gapko.

https://www.vi.nl/cookies/;jsessionid=82AFBF1F92A90CA588DA7025072A12B4

Tsygankov is a left footed right winger, of which they already have 3-4 of those and only 1 left winger in Anwar El Ghazi.

Tsygankov in to replace Madueke might well be on though but they still need to bring a LW in too. PSV recruit so well, I'll be happy if they end up with Tsygankov (would rather us but I've made peace that it will never happen).

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Surprise surprise, deals going in all over the place while we have absolutely **** all done two weeks in.

Are we that skint, or are the people involved genuinely that inept? What is going on?

We've got 2/3 that look close to be signed . Patience 

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Sarabia is amazing business. One of the best players at his time at sevilla. Stupid move to psg though. Would love someone like him. Just someone that makes things happen 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Tsygankov is a left footed right winger, of which they already have 3-4 of those and only 1 left winger in Anwar El Ghazi.

Tsygankov in to replace Madueke might well be on though but they still need to bring a LW in too. PSV recruit so well, I'll be happy if they end up with Tsygankov (would rather us but I've made peace that it will never happen).

some reports saying the fee is as little as £9mil, Leicester actually make me sick at times

• Sad 1

January Transfers

Arsenal: 0

Aston Villa: Moreno (13.5m)

Bournemouth: 0

Brentford: Schade (loan)

Brighton: Buonanotte (6m)

Chelsea: Badiashile (38m), Santos (12.5m), Fofana (12m), Felix (loan) 

Crystal Palace: 0

Everton: 0

Fulham: 0

Leeds: Wöber (12m)

Leicester City: 0

Liverpool: Gakpo (42m)

Man Utd: Butland (loan), Weghorst (loan)

Newcastle: Kuol (0.3m)

Forest: Scarpa (Free)

Southampton: Alcaraz (13.65m), Orsic (6.8m)

Tottenham: 0

West Ham: Luizao (Free)

Wolves: Lemina, Cunha (loan)

28 minutes ago, Shane said:

January Transfers

Arsenal: 0

Aston Villa: Moreno (13.5m)

Bournemouth: 0

Brentford: Schade (loan)

Brighton: Buonanotte (6m)

Chelsea: Badiashile (38m), Santos (12.5m), Fofana (12m), Felix (loan) 

Crystal Palace: 0

Everton: 0

Fulham: 0

Leeds: Wöber (12m)

Leicester City: 0

Liverpool: Gakpo (42m)

Man Utd: Butland (loan), Weghorst (loan)

Newcastle: Kuol (0.3m)

Forest: Scarpa (Free)

Southampton: Alcaraz (13.65m), Orsic (6.8m)

Tottenham: 0

West Ham: Luizao (Free)

Wolves: Lemina, Cunha (loan)

Chelsea still thinking the transfer market or a new manager every three months is going to turn things round. The amount of flops or underachievers being bought by English clubs is ridiculous. Let's make sure we do not waste any more money.

1 minute ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Forest signing this Brazilian prospect Danilo, 21 years old. Number of outlets suggesting this is a very very ambitious signing from them, top talent. 

Time will tell of course.

The lad Gomes we're signing is supposed to be the next Casemiro. Young players always get bigged up as the next someone or other. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 1