Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

10 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Even if they pay the whole lot in installments say in the first year?  See this is where FFP confuses me.  

They’ve probably paid a bit over the odds for the sake of being to spread it out, the only thing that makes sense to me to do it for is FFP as it’s highly probable that he could be not good enough for this league and then you’ve got a guy on your books for 8.5 years being paid a fortune!

could easily of signed him gave him 4-5 years if he’s good then improve his contract extend it for another couple

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

They’ve probably paid a bit over the odds for the sake of being to spread it out, the only thing that makes sense to me to do it for is FFP as it’s highly probable that he could be not good enough for this league and then you’ve got a guy on your books for 8.5 years being paid a fortune!

could easily of signed him gave him 4-5 years if he’s good then improve his contract extend it for another couple

It’s just to spread his 90m transfer fee over more years however they still have to pay him the £100k per week for the whole time!

18 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Arsenal have played a blinder with Mudryk to be honest. That is a ridiculous amount of money for someone unproven outside of Ukraine, feels like a ridiculous gamble and a bit of a dick swing from Chelsea for the sake of it.

Todd Boehly turning Chelsea in to the new Everton and I'm here for it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Todd Boehly turning Chelsea in to the new Everton and I'm here for it.

I'll happily admit I'm not clued up on Ukrainian football bar a lovely stint at the old Dnipro on FM11 but it just seems a mad figure for someone who's played ~30 league games in a division like that. 

21 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'll happily admit I'm not clued up on Ukrainian football bar a lovely stint at the old Dnipro on FM11 but it just seems a mad figure for someone who's played ~30 league games in a division like that. 

There's a reason certain leagues are preyed upon for value for money and one of those reasons is because due to the level of football and the economy that the fees they can realistically demand are usually very favourable to wealthy leagues like ours. Once you start bowing down to paying best part of £70m for a player from a league like Ukraine then the games gone.

Chelsea are a disgrace, they'll fail so so so badly in the long run on all of this. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

It is bonkers. Obviously comparing him to Gray is marginally harsh but he's proven no significant end product outside Ukraine and is very very raw. 

I've seen him play in Europe a couple of times and he's just all pace. Not necessarily a bad thing but that alone isn't 90m worth of footballer. 

The money is incredible. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It is bonkers. Obviously comparing him to Gray is marginally harsh but he's proven no significant end product outside Ukraine and is very very raw. 

I've seen him play in Europe a couple of times and he's just all pace. Not necessarily a bad thing but that alone isn't 90m worth of footballer. 

The money is incredible. 

I’ve told all my pals with great confidence that he’s a Ukrainian Demetria Gray so let’s all hope you’re right or my reputation will be in ruins 

• Haha 2

With the Chelsea contract situation, does this make it more difficult to offload players as its more expensive to buy out the remaining contract (mind you - we are rubbish at offloading players). Further surely it makes insurance much more expensive as well? With Chelsea's injury record, its going to be hilarious to see players run down these long contracts when no-one else wants them or they are injured. Or maybe Todd Boehly will be happy just to write them off if they are not working. 

Maybe i am being pessimistic, but can't help but feel we are entering a new era of disgusting money in the game.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

With the Chelsea contract situation, does this make it more difficult to offload players as its more expensive to buy out the remaining contract (mind you - we are rubbish at offloading players). Further surely it makes insurance much more expensive as well? With Chelsea's injury record, its going to be hilarious to see players run down these long contracts when no-one else wants them or they are injured. Or maybe Todd Boehly will be happy just to write them off if they are not working. 

Maybe i am being pessimistic, but can't help but feel we are entering a new era of disgusting money in the game.

I would hazard a guess that there are conditions in the contract to allow players to leave mid contract for some percentage value, and perhaps a similar exit stipulation for Chelsea, otherwise these contracts are fraught with peril for Chelsea.

On 15/01/2023 at 20:36, The Bear said:

It'd only take a small adjustment from UEFA and the PL to adjust the FFP rules so that 5 years is the maximum amortised time, regardless of contract length. 

This is going to skew the market again. Really good players aren't going to sign 7/8 year contracts at the likes of Leicester and Wolves so our transfer fees paid, whilst lower in price, will be higher in terms of amortisation. We could sign a £45 million player and the likely maximum length of contract would be four years yet Chelsea or others could spend £70 million but drag it out over 7 or 8 years

• Like 3