Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

10 hours ago, Corky said:

This is going to skew the market again. Really good players aren't going to sign 7/8 year contracts at the likes of Leicester and Wolves so our transfer fees paid, whilst lower in price, will be higher in terms of amortisation. We could sign a £45 million player and the likely maximum length of contract would be four years yet Chelsea or others could spend £70 million but drag it out over 7 or 8 years

Football becoming just a bit more shite each year

3 hours ago, lcfc_forever said:

Don’t think Chelsea would want to loan or sell any of their players to Newcastle due to league positions:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/01/16/newcastle-transfer-news-conor-gallagher-ruben-loftus-cheek-ziyech/

But clear Chelsea will have players available this window, seen we’ve been linked with RLC. 

They certainly will have to sell as they have 3 senior options in every position other than RB & they still plan to sign more & heavily linked with Nkunku, Thuram, Madueke, Trossard, Caicedo & Fernandez amongst about 10 others, i know they won't be getting all but i'd guess at least another 3.
There are going to be so many senior players not included in their Prem / European squads they surely can't keep everyone so would assume there will be a fire sale of those pre-7 yr contracted players, hopefully we have an eye on some especially the younger guys out on loans who must now realise they will not be getting chances anytime soon.

1 player who looks like dipping out on his dream move to Chelsea is Rice who is now linked to Arsenal which then may rule out their interest in Tielemens, think Youri's best option might be to re-sign.

9 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

They certainly will have to sell as they have 3 senior options in every position other than RB & they still plan to sign more & heavily linked with Nkunku, Thuram, Madueke, Trossard, Caicedo & Fernandez amongst about 10 others, i know they won't be getting all but i'd guess at least another 3.
There are going to be so many senior players not included in their Prem / European squads they surely can't keep everyone so would assume there will be a fire sale of those pre-7 yr contracted players, hopefully we have an eye on some especially the younger guys out on loans who must now realise they will not be getting chances anytime soon.

1 player who looks like dipping out on his dream move to Chelsea is Rice who is now linked to Arsenal which then may rule out their interest in Tielemens, think Youri's best option might be to re-sign.

Great points, was thinking the same re. their younger players. I know @Ric Flairhas raved about Omari Hutchinson. 

Just don't see them selling to Newcastle. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Is this Danilo guy any good? How are forest still splashing the cash for Christ sake? How many more frikkin players do they need lol

The team he played for, Palmeiras, won the South American equivalent of the Champions League two years in a row. He was considered one of their best prospects outside of Endrick who has signed for Real Madrid. Arsenal were interested in the summer too, and they have a good record with signings from South America, see Gabriel Martinelli.

Brazilian midfielders tend to do well in our league; Fernandinho, Gilberto Silva. Even players like Fred for Man United are OK. So sadly I think this was one of their better signings. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

The team he played for, Palmeiras, won the South American equivalent of the Champions League two years in a row. He was considered one of their best prospects outside of Endrick who has signed for Real Madrid. Arsenal were interested in the summer too, and they have a good record with signings from South America, see Gabriel Martinelli.

Brazilian midfielders tend to do well in our league; Fernandinho, Gilberto Silva. Even players like Fred for Man United are OK. So sadly I think this was one of their better signings. 

Arsenal seemed set to get him, it's a big coup for Forest and I suspect they've been made aware of his availability when securing Gustavo Scarpa from the same club.

I feel like I've been bitten by a pig

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Chelsea had bids for Fofana before Cucurella from what i remember? Surely they should of been told the only deal would involve Colwill if we had been chasing him all summer

We were very naive on that transfer.

Forest trying to sign Zapata from Atalanta,  preferring a loan to buy club holding out for permanent. For whatever anyone said about buying so many players you have to admire the ambition. Clearly come the summer assuming they stay up some will be moved on who haven't been involved enough but they have certainly brought in quality additions.