Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

8 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Forest trying to sign Zapata from Atalanta,  preferring a loan to buy club holding out for permanent. For whatever anyone said about buying so many players you have to admire the ambition. Clearly come the summer assuming they stay up some will be moved on who haven't been involved enough but they have certainly brought in quality additions.

He's not that good 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Enzo Le Fee going to Bournemouth as well. 

I will take heads soon I fcukin swear 

clever strategy - buy into the selling club - bring the best talents here to help keep your club in the PL - worse ways if you go down, you hope they shine and you can sell them on for a tidy profit …

what about all the talent at leuven ?????

Edited by st albans fox

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

clever strategy - buy into the selling club - bring the best talents here to help keep your club in the PL - worse ways if you go down, you hope they shine and you can sell them on for a tidy profit …

We'd never be so over bearing to do that to Leuven, we've barely utilised that at all. Not once bought a player from them I don't think which given they are probably better than us now is a farce. They've a couple of interesting young defenders who'd possibly improve us.

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We'd never be so over bearing to do that to Leuven, we've barely utilised that at all. Not once bought a player from them I don't think which given they are probably better than us now is a farce. They've a couple of interesting young defenders who'd possibly improve us.

We don't want to upset anyone, we daren't even send a loanee their way anymore.

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, it's bizarre. I suspect the intention was to mirror the Man City model but like you said it's never been utilised. It could have had real benefits to both parties pre-Brexit in bringing in talent from US, South America, Asia, and Africa but the moment they felt a bit of resistance they went all soft and let them dictate the situation even though such an arrangement could have elevated both clubs. 

29 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Enzo Le Fee going to Bournemouth as well. 

I will take heads soon I fcukin swear 

The most inevitable link in football history that mate lol you just knew it was coming.

Looks like we might have to go to the Eredivisie for Youri’s replacement, presuming we don’t get relegated of course.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Yeah, it's bizarre. I suspect the intention was to mirror the Man City model but like you said it's never been utilised. It could have had real benefits to both parties pre-Brexit in bringing in talent from US, South America, Asia, and Africa but the moment they felt a bit of resistance they went all soft and let them dictate the situation even though such an arrangement could have elevated both clubs. 

All intentions seem to have been abandoned. Seagrave was supposed to be a conveyor belt of highly quality youngsters trained by the best coaches in the state of the art facilities and yet we've not invested in the academy to any greater degree than before and its largely all the same coaches. So many coaching staff and analysts seem to have left as well in key roles and not so sure they've been replaced or appropriately replaced. The dreams died half way through.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

The real slap in the face was when we played Leuven in pre season and found out that they've got a left footed right winger, doing skills and dribbling and all sorts. The absolute cheek. It's like finding your brother with a face full of Monster Munch after yer Mam has said there's no crisps in the cupboard.

tbf that lad is a belgian league version of rachid ghezzal. 

8 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Imagine being a fan of that team though... How pissed off would you be. 

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/01/17/southampton-could-ruin-evertons-arnaut-danjuma-deal-with-20m-talks-underway/?amp

oh ffs! i’m starting to agree with the poster who said just build for the championship. We are toast! not the regular kind, the burnt to feck kind that only your grandparents would eat 

To survive in the championship you need grit and determination.

This side has neither.

Without anyone steering the club we destined for league one.

We're need to hear from the owners ASAP is not fair to let Brendan constantly be the voice of the club when they're keeping him and the fans in the dark.

26 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

To survive in the championship you need grit and determination.

This side has neither.

Without anyone steering the club we destined for league one.

We're need to hear from the owners ASAP is not fair to let Brendan constantly be the voice of the club when they're keeping him and the fans in the dark.

Fully agree that we would be woefully ill equipped to compete in the championship without the club having a serious refresh of the profile and skill set of player needed to be successful. 

what will be interesting is given our current predictament I sincerely hope our scouting network are looking at players should we survive and alternatives should we get relegated. 

as for Brendan being kept in the dark, I very much doubt this is the case, he will be fully aware of the clubs situation & circumstances and he is taking every opportunity to spin his narrative and protect his reputation. 

As fans I understand the frustration and our desire to know what is happening to our beloved club but in reality this is a business that is owned by private investors and therefore the level of sensitive information that is shared with us will be minimal and we have to realise that and as frustrating as it is largely accept it. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lanefox said:

He's not that good 

He's not played much this season, but I think he's very good. Was a monster in Serie A for many seasons, and has the physicality that would work really well over here. He is a short term signing but I think he's a good one for anyone that is in the relegation dogfight and needs a striker. It's true that he's being phased out of Atalanta for a reason, but they have been around the top 4/5 in Serie A for several years, so him stepping down a little bit doesn't mean he's not good, he's just not as good as he was. 

• Like 2