Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

29 minutes ago, filbertway said:

lol awful non footballing display again

Making lower mid table teams with nothing to play for look like champions.

It won't be as embarassing as 12/13  where we needed 22 poijts from 15 games and only got 15. Its up there though

Absolutely awful, you would think they were actively trying not not get promoted. Shadow of the team I have watched all season.

Tamworth for the title and Leiston for the playoffs. Another Stevo capitulation.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

lol awful non footballing display again

Making lower mid table teams with nothing to play for look like champions.

It won't be as embarassing as 12/13  where we needed 22 poijts from 15 games and only got 15. Its up there though

I'm not sure it was as bad as that. We certainly didn't deserve to lose, but unfortunately, all our flair players have lost form at exactly the wrong moment. And we haven't kept a clean sheet since Nuneaton away. It looks like we'll have to rouse ourselves for a home semi-final play off against Rushall again.

• Like 1

Went to see Grantham Town play Bridlington Town and got another 1-0 win in front of an excellent crowd of 483 - just got to beat Ossett United next week and we stay up!

Edited by Tuna

Gotta feel for Harrogate Railway Athletic - lost their NCEL playoff semi v Horbury who finished 26 points less than them and only were in the playoffs as Staveley Miners Welfare rejected promotion/playoffs.

On 15/04/2023 at 22:57, Tuna said:

Gotta feel for Harrogate Railway Athletic - lost their NCEL playoff semi v Horbury who finished 26 points less than them and only were in the playoffs as Staveley Miners Welfare rejected promotion/playoffs.

This is why I wouldnt be able to relax if I was a Notts County fan (sorry Spacemunky)

On 15/04/2023 at 22:57, Tuna said:

There some never right with play offs. Worse if you finish as runners up yet still don't go up.

24 minutes ago, Lionator said:

3-0 to Coalville tonight. So they need to win on Saturday and hope that Tamworth drop points right? 

Coalville are 3 points ahead of Tamworth with 1 game remaining. Tamworth have 2 games remaining, so if they win on Thursday then it will be all down to Saturday with both teams kicking off with the same amount of points

Been a bit of a low key fall from grace this but Yeovil Town have been relegated to National League South and it was only 9 years ago they were playing us in the Championship at the KP, we all remember the goal from Kasper that wasn't in a 1-1 draw.

• Like 1

Disappointed that only a few players seemed to realise the importance of notching up as many goals as possible tonight, on paper 3-0 looks nice, but I think we really needed 5+. Can't see Nuneaton going strong with nothing to play for, so every chance Tamworth go and win 3 or 4 nil on Thursday.

Nice to get that winning feeling back though. Roll on Thursday and hoping Nuneaton surprise me.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Disappointed that only a few players seemed to realise the importance of notching up as many goals as possible tonight, on paper 3-0 looks nice, but I think we really needed 5+. Can't see Nuneaton going strong with nothing to play for, so every chance Tamworth go and win 3 or 4 nil on Thursday.

Nice to get that winning feeling back though. Roll on Thursday and hoping Nuneaton surprise me.

Nuneaton play St Ives at home on the last day. They're virtually assured to finish 4th. Why wouldn't they go strong against Tamworth?

I thought we were excellent in spells first half and dominated the second. I think we were trying to score more, but just weren't ruthless enough. Still, I'd have taken 1-0.

It's goes to a nail-biting last day.

6 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Does anyone know what happens if Coalville & Tamworth finish level on everything? How is the league decided then? Would it be H2H?

Most wins I think 

Just had a look, we would be level on wins. So would go to head to head.

Edited by Lcfc82

8 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Nuneaton play St Ives at home on the last day. They're virtually assured to finish 4th. Why wouldn't they go strong against Tamworth?

I thought we were excellent in spells first half and dominated the second. I think we were trying to score more, but just weren't ruthless enough. Still, I'd have taken 1-0.

It's goes to a nail-biting last day.

If I was manager I wouldnt be risking any of my starting players, 14 days off and super fresh for the play offs. No point risking injuries in 2 games that mean nothing

Yeah, last night was the best we've looked since Bromsgrove. Can see why they've been doing so poorly recently, thought they looked very poor.

Connor Smith was literally telling Gooch to slow play down from a throw in at one point lol

Doyley, Deano and Ash seemed to get it and the others didn't, I found it bizarre to be honest.

Regardless what happens I'll be able to look back at this season when its done. Already 8 points better off than last season and some great memories in the cups.

Saturday is going to be absolutely gut churning lol

10 hours ago, Tuna said:

Been a bit of a low key fall from grace this but Yeovil Town have been relegated to National League South and it was only 9 years ago they were playing us in the Championship at the KP, we all remember the goal from Kasper that wasn't in a 1-1 draw.

As you say it's flown under the radar a bit, probably because they've always been seen as a non-league side. But has a club fallen down as many leagues in as little time? Scunthorpe were in the 2nd tier in 09/10, but I can't remember anybody falling faster than Yeovil. 

Edited by bovril