Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

Loughborough Dynamo through in the FA Trophy on pens, 1 more game to see if they can reach the 1st Round proper for the first time ever.

7 clean sheets in the last 9 games now, that backline & Lewis King in goal have been quality this season, nice change of pace from shitting it every time the ball goes near our defence with City lol

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Christ almighty that wqs a crazy game. Fairnplay to Stevo going 3 4 3, not the fake 3 4 3 but 3 strikers and 2 wingers.

Paid off in the end. Felt like it was gonna be another one of them games.

Whitey in goal must have a worst shot to goal % than Ward has for Leicester lol

Nearly gave up in the second half, absolutely soaked,  sought cover in the shed and Hednesford had a free kick. I was thinking if this goes in I’m off :unsure:

29 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Really enjoyed watching Coalville yesterday, despite getting soaked in the 2nd half! 

Cheap beer and food was a bonus.

Was shocked to see Leroy Lita playing (and bagging a couple) for Hednesford, one of those players I'd completely forgotten.

He lives in Nuneaton and played for them a couple years ago 

17 hours ago, spacemunky said:

Great win away at York today, especially for the 1700+ that made the trip.

Two more for Macca, to give him 12 goals for the season.

Guevin Castro's free kick from 35 yards out sounds like a very special 1st Notts goal for the youngster.

Looking forward to the highlights from the match.

I think your top striker will be on the radar for a championship club / premier league club such as ourselves :ph34r:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Went Harborough v Shepshed, really good game in terms of competitiveness. Shepshed count themselves really unlucky not to get in anything. Not a fan of what Harborough have done to their ‘ground’, really boring and lacks soul 

To be fair, it’s a relatively new set up, clubhouse etc. Will take time to feel like it has a soul. 
It’s a well run club, from grassroots up to the veterans. 
Not that long ago they were a financial mess. They’re now are debt free & looking to the future with confidence. 
l understand it’s not for everyone, but it’s about time Harborough had a decent club, with a positive future. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, STEVIE B said:

To be fair, it’s a relatively new set up, clubhouse etc. Will take time to feel like it has a soul. 
It’s a well run club, from grassroots up to the veterans. 
Not that long ago they were a financial mess. They now are debt free & looking to the future with confidence. 
l understand it’s not for everyone, but it’s about time Harborough had a decent club, with a positive future. 

No doubting the town needs a club and it also needs a facility like that too. South Leics doesn’t have too many established clubs up the pyramid. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

On 21/09/2022 at 22:48, filbertway said:

Its regionalised to cut down on travel. Believe it goes national in the 4th qualifying round when Step 5 teams come in.

Would you (or @CosbehFox as he’s a wealth of knowledge on non-league!) know if this is the case for FA Vase, and if so up to what stage? Hinckley have drawn Cogenhoe in Northants for the first round, interested if there might be some trips further afield should they get past them

1 minute ago, Finnaldo said:

Would you (or @CosbehFox as he’s a wealth of knowledge on non-league!) know if this is the case for FA Vase, and if so up to what stage? Hinckley have drawn Cogenhoe in Northants for the first round, interested if there might be some trips further afield should they get past them

So based on Coalville's run in 2010/2011. We had 2 localish games in Round 1 and 2 proper. Then in round 3 we played Shildon up in the north east. Looking at other fixtures in round 2, I'd say it goes national in round 3.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Yeah it’s defo very specifically regionalised in the Vase until Round 3/4. Then it splits North and South until the semis. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

So based on Coalville's run in 2010/2011. We had 2 localish games in Round 1 and 2 proper. Then in round 3 we played Shildon up in the north east. Looking at other fixtures in round 2, I'd say it goes national in round 3.

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Yeah it’s defo very specifically regionalised in the Vase until Round 3/4. Then it splits North and South until the semis. 

Cheers both :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Coalville on the rampage tonight 

We were, especially second half. After 20 minutes Rushden got a foothold in the game, but rarely threatened.

However, the second goal from Timmy Berridge is one of the best, if not the best volley I've seen at a live game. Like van Persie vs Charlton at the Valley in 2006, but on the other side. It was worth going for that alone. When the highlights are up, I'll post them in here.

Onto a massive game on Saturday. Up the mighty Ravens!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

We were, especially second half. After 20 minutes Rushden got a foothold in the game, but rarely threatened.

However, the second goal from Timmy Berridge is one of the best, if not the best volley I've seen at a live game. Like van Persie vs Charlton at the Valley in 2006, but on the other side. It was worth going for that alone. When the highlights are up, I'll post them in here.

Onto a massive game on Saturday. Up the mighty Ravens!

Ended up having to listen to the rushden commentary after last minute change plans meant I couldn't make it. Gutted I've missed this goal as it sounded like a worldie on the comms and a few others have backed it up. Really hoping the highlights will do it as much justice as they did for Putty's debut goal.

Sounds like Rushden had a makeshift back 4 on the pitch, with their only first choice getting injured in the first half. Show's how tough it can be when you've got a patched up defence.

I'd read 400+ tickets sold as of Yesterday. I saw Sudbury have filled a coach that'll be coming as well. Should be a cracking day. If we could try and get the business done a little earlier in the game that'd be nice. I don't think I can take many more late winners lol

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Did Rushden reform or have they just dropped down the pyramid (i make it 4 divisions)?

They reformed as AFC Rushden & Diamonds around ten years ago I believe, pretty crazy seeing as they were in League One in 2003/04!

Edited by Nugent