Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

On 25/09/2022 at 13:29, CosbehFox said:

Went Harborough v Shepshed, really good game in terms of competitiveness. Shepshed count themselves really unlucky not to get in anything. Not a fan of what Harborough have done to their ‘ground’, really boring and lacks soul 

It's a real shame there wasn't anywhere closer to the town that could have worked. The only other piece of land that could properly have made a decent football ground was Symington's Rec (I recall seeing them play there as a kid when they were going through various financial issues), but there's no way there would have been permission given for the necessary infrastructure to be built.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

It's a real shame there wasn't anywhere closer to the town that could have worked. The only other piece of land that could properly have made a decent football ground was Symington's Rec (I recall seeing them play there as a kid when they were going through various financial issues), but there's no way there would have been permission given for the necessary infrastructure to be built.

It's me really being over harsh - as it's a continuing trend in the non-league pyramid with these 3G pitches and meccano stand structures. They provide great community assets which enable a club to bring in cash but as a neutral with a groundhopping kink, they are very bleach 

Just now, CosbehFox said:

It's me really being over harsh - as it's a continuing trend in the non-league pyramid with these 3G pitches and meccano stand structures. They provide great community assets which enable a club to bring in cash but as a neutral with a groundhopping kink, they are very bleach 

No, I totally agree with you from that point of view! It's never been a good location for getting regular punters through on a basic level, but recent success and a bit of innovation (discounts for LCFC season ticket holders when we don't play Saturdays, for example) seem to be doing wonders. Great to see lads in their teens/early 20s seeing a visit there as something to do around a few beers with mates on a Saturday these days, which never used to be the case.

On 28/09/2022 at 16:33, Tuna said:

No statement by his current club, AFC Fylde.

He has resigned now.

But this is interesting as obviously he left Chesterfield last year on the back of an “incident”. Not sure if it was ever revealed but a couple lads at work (obviously Chesterfield fans) were telling me that rumours were it was the same thing there. I didn’t know what to say but after this has come out I believe it now.

On 29/09/2022 at 19:56, Fox92 said:

He has resigned now.

But this is interesting as obviously he left Chesterfield last year on the back of an “incident”. Not sure if it was ever revealed but a couple lads at work (obviously Chesterfield fans) were telling me that rumours were it was the same thing there. I didn’t know what to say but after this has come out I believe it now.

Yeah I think it was common knowledge really from what I read on message boards and forums the reason Rowe was let go by Chesterfield, but it's astonishing that Fylde appointed him on a 3 year contract no less and claimed they did due dilligence on him! Even there handling of this has been shambolic, should have been immediately suspended and then dismissed. Fylde's FA cup game at Congleton is on the BBC, a bit awkward really!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Anyone at Coalville today? Great result one round away from proper fa cup rounds.

Yeah we were pretty comfortable in the end. The difference in class was evident. Shaw and chambers with 2 were the scorers.

Chambers and Chitiza were excellent when they came on. Great to be able to bring decent players like that off the bench.

only negative was a possible injury to shaw who went off.

Roll on the draw for the next round 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Anyone at Coalville today? Great result one round away from proper fa cup rounds.

Good afternoon’s work.  

Sudbury never really threatened and  once Coalville got one they looked comfortable. 

• Like 1

Anstey bound to be on the telly if they get a big national league team at home, I think I read they're the lowest ranked team in the draw?

Edited by Tuna