Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

13 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

So I'm guessing Leicester Road are the old 'Town',  ie zero supporters  - and AFC the old 'Athletic', who used to have a steady 300 or so at Middlefield Lane

I think all the Hinckley United supporters went to support Hinckley AFC (which still play outside of Hinckley?).

Leicester Road have a very small fanbase but play at the ground in Hinckley. I am pretty sure the majority of the playing squad were the Hinckley Reserve team from about 8 or so years ago. We played against them as Barwell Reserves back then.

On 04/10/2022 at 16:18, Tuna said:

Are the town divided on the two Hinckley's - AFC and Leicester Road?

I know a bit about the history but unsure which is the most popular in the town.

Bit late to this, apologies. 

A short version (partly as I’m not 100% on all the details myself) is that Leicester Road was set up by certain individual(s) who many Hinckley supporters blamed for sending the original club under. They controlled parts of the ground and started the club there. 

Hinckley AFC was started up by supporters in the aftermath, it’s a community supporter-ran club, similar to Wimbledon and Exeter and pre-Hollywood Wrexham in that the board is voted in by the members on a one share one vote basis. 

As others already pointed out, LR tend to get about 50-75 and have more or less let the stadium rot, I believe the current top capacity is about 200 (out of a potential 4,000+) as its otherwise deemed unsafe. AFC tend to pull in anywhere between 180-250 for a regular league game, although they got 811 for their play off final last year. Bear in mind LR play in the NPL Midlands (step 4) and Hinckley in the MFL Division 1 (step 6). In fact the other week against Sporting Khalsa LR got 53, the next week AFC U18s managed 54. 

I’m pretty sure at this point most investors have now left Leicester Road, including a lot of the other key staff and volunteers, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see them fold in the not too distant future. They’re more or less running on a skeleton crew currently.

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think all the Hinckley United supporters went to support Hinckley AFC (which still play outside of Hinckley?)

Started over at Heather, then Ibstock and currently groundsharing with Barwell, which has massively helped out attendances.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

As others already pointed out, LR tend to get about 50-75 and have more or less let the stadium rot, I believe the current top capacity is about 200 (out of a potential 4,000+) as its otherwise deemed unsafe. AFC tend to pull in anywhere between 180-250 for a regular league game, although they got 811 for their play off final last year. Bear in mind LR play in the NPL Midlands (step 4) and Hinckley in the MFL Division 1 (step 6). In fact the other week against Sporting Khalsa LR got 53, the next week AFC U18s managed 54. 

Rumours that the Anstey v Chesterfield fixture will be played there. Which I can't see personally but it appears near certain Nomads ain't playing that fixture at home. 

On 06/10/2022 at 10:07, CosbehFox said:

Just looking at Anstey Nomads twitter today - appears they have a planning application in for a new clubhouse replacing what they have and another seating stand to go in as well 

I think their owner is quite well off . Plus there's a School based at the ground so I'd imagine they can gain some funding from the education authorities. 

Can see them getting higher up the pyramid if the funding continues at the same rate .

1 hour ago, los dedos said:

I think their owner is quite well off . Plus there's a School based at the ground so I'd imagine they can gain some funding from the education authorities. 

Can see them getting higher up the pyramid if the funding continues at the same rate .

Yeah builder - Callingtons Construction. To be fair, they are not going mad on spending dollar to players.  They have had two decent cup runs now (Vase last season) which will have brought in decent sums of money. 

• Like 1

Cracking game at Coalville tonight 2-2 draw with Redditch. 

Coalville came back from 2-0 down and should have won the game really despite having a man sent off late on. Some good saves and last ditch tackles kept Coalville out.

Redditch looked a decent side, played some good football 1st half, can see them being up and around the play offs at the end of the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Coalville came back from 2-0 down and should have won the game really despite having a man sent off late on. Some good saves and last ditch tackles kept Coalville out.

Redditch looked a decent side, played some good football 1st half, can see them being up and around the play offs at the end of the season.

They're my local side, hope you're right but it will be the first time we've fought at that area of the league in over a decade I'm sure. We're pretty inconsistent still but it's nice that we're finally competitive 

10 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

That second Coalville goal was incredible! :appl:

• Like 1