Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

That game at Coalville last night was a cracker. Better than anything i've watched at the KP in a long time in terms of competitiveness. 

The lads showed incredible fight to get back to 2-2 and really should have won it. 

I'm hoping that 2nd half and the difficulty of the game has simply raised their level ready for Saturday rather than absolutely bollocked them. 

Good to see them in the bar after refuelling with Guinness and Pizza lol

• Haha 2

Just now, Lako42 said:

That game at Coalville last night was a cracker. Better than anything i've watched at the KP in a long time in terms of competitiveness. 

I went to watch my Nephews under 7s game a few weeks back and thought the same thing.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Stinky said:

They're my local side, hope you're right but it will be the first time we've fought at that area of the league in over a decade I'm sure. We're pretty inconsistent still but it's nice that we're finally competitive 

There attacking players looked very dangerous. Only weakness I’d say was they tired really quickly when Coalville to the game to them. The sending off probably saved them from getting beat in the end.

My Dad has been Whitby the past couple of days. He noticed Whitby Town were at home according to the non-league paper. 

So on Monday when arrived he thought he would work out where it was in relation to the town. Turned up to be told by a volunteer there was no game, the league had called it off because their opponents were playing in the FA Cup this weekend.

For the next two hours, a volunteer showed him around the ground and they put the world to rights. The bloke moaned about the league calling the game off as it left them with six straight away games and no money coming in. He moaned about how the league had told them about ground improvements and my Dad watched as the volunteer argued with a league official who claimed he hadn't put new bulbs in the floodlights. Dad said its the best ever ground he's been to but he's never watched a game there! lol

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I would love Anstey Nomads and Coalville Town to get far and play Leicester City hopefully that will wake the board up to sack Rodgers.

Kudos to the 1000 plus fans watching Coalville away at Notts County.

lollol how would Anstey Nomads & Coalville getting to round 3 of the Fa cup be Rodgers fault?? We sacking him because we don’t enter at round 5 yeah 

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Nomads haven’t made friends - declared it the first time a team this low in the pyramid made the fourth qualifying round and now claimed it’s the first time a village team has made it this far 

You could call it a town now, after further housing developments around the area.

30 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Nomads haven’t made friends - declared it the first time a team this low in the pyramid made the fourth qualifying round and now claimed it’s the first time a village team has made it this far 

To be fair it was the media that first started spouting this as fact . Can hardly blame a " village team " when Sky and the BBC started it .