Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

4 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Just reading Coalville Town's Twitter after it was revealed they won't get televised against Charlton and holy hell, I had no idea what an insufferable lot Wrexham are. They get a little bit of media attention and turn into non-league Liverpool. And that's the die-hards, the tag-along casuals and Americans are a different beast entirely. :whistle:

Flavour of the month rich boys - like Salford and Forest Green before them. 

Wruck Fexham!

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

We never recovered from a slow start and missed some good chances first half. A new CB would be nice.

The squad has to be strengthened in certain areas. Centre back is one of them, the lack of depth will cost them promotion 

9 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

The squad has to be strengthened in certain areas. Centre back is one of them, the lack of depth will cost them promotion 

Yep

I assume Jake was out due to suspension but they are horribly short in that position. 

They signed a lad from Hereford and sent him straight back it seems. 

3 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Yep

I assume Jake was out due to suspension but they are horribly short in that position. 

Pendley played against Hednesford and was dragged at HT after an altercation with a fan. He played another 30 minutes at Rushden, and then went back to Hereford where he's been playing and scoring.

I think we have plenty in midfield and upfront. The two positions I'd strengthen would be RB & CB, but I think that's a lot easier said than done.

Jake was suspended, but as he went off injured at Notts County I'm not sure he would've played anyway. Hopefully he's fit for tomorrow.

Edited by Gary Eatfood
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Yep

I’d suggest Hereford recalled Pendley as he’s started every game for them since he went back 

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Pendley played against Hednesford and was dragged at HT after an altercation with a fan. He played another 30 minutes at Rushden, and then went back to Hereford where he's been playing and scoring.

I think we have plenty in midfield and upfront. The two positions I'd strengthen would be RB & CB, but I think that's a lot easier said than done.

Jake was suspended, but as he went off injured at Notts County I'm not sure he would've played anyway. Hopefully he's fit for tomorrow.

Yeah there the 2 positions, just generally short of bodies in defence. 
Id be looking at the loan market.

Was meant to be going but overdid it in Bedford after the game and still struggling so had to bail lol

Know there's a good few going down though. Hopefully get back to winning ways against a team that's been struggling to pick up points.

Agreed on the CB. We desperately need to strengthen in defence. The midfield and attackers are very capable, but it'd be better if we stopped conceding sloppy goals and giving ourselves a mountain to climb.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, adam said:

Anyone off to see coalville tonight at kings Langley.  Im working down here so thought I would pop along.  Fingers crossed on a win. 

I was there tonight. First off, what a friendly club Kings Langley is. Their chairman greeted me when I arrived and offered their car park free of charge for any Coalville fans wanting to travel there and get the overground train to Charlton if possible.

As for the football, the first half was fairly even, but there was only one team in the game second half. It was a good win tonight and keeps us firmly in the play-off pack.

A long trip awaits on Saturday for more cup action.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I was there tonight. First off, what a friendly club Kings Langley is. Their chairman greeted me when I arrived and offered their car park free of charge for any Coalville fans wanting to travel there and get the overground train to Charlton if possible.

As for the football, the first half was fairly even, but there was only one team in the game second half. It was a good win tonight and keeps us firmly in the play-off pack.

A long trip awaits on Saturday for more cup action.

We also missed another pen tonight. I make that 4 for the season. It's a problem.

@filbertway If I start a petition to become our regular penalty taker, will you sign it? They can change the laws of the game and sub me on whenever we get a pen.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

We also missed another pen tonight. I make that 4 for the season. It's a problem.

@filbertway If I start a petition to become our regular penalty taker, will you sign it? They can change the laws of the game and sub me on whenever we get a pen.

I’d of kept chambers on pens. I know he missed one against shepshed but he looks the best option to me

6 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Absolutely, it's time that IFAB made changes to the game that'll really benefit it :D

Ash was doing really well until the Shepshep game, I'm sure he'd scored something like 8/8. 

7 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Who missed it? 

Please don't say Kee