Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

52 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Good to see AFC Hinckley recovering from a tough start - should be in and around playoffs of a really tough divsionn

A very very bit-piece squad at the start of the season, and a lot of players who for one reason or another haven’t played for a year cost us a few points initially. We’re finally getting a few bigger, stronger players that you need at this level and learning to adjust to games against lower placed teams looking to stop us playing our game. Not convinced we’re fully there yet, we still look very thin past the first XI, especially at the back, but time will tell. We’ve got a big challenge at Wolves Sporting away this weekend. 

Doing a good job in the Vase so far too, just beat Cogenhoe, a step above, and we’ve been drawn against Belper United who did us in the play off final last year lol two different squads in different circumstances this year though, and a great away day at least! 

Overall mildly confident this season, I think being in a more competitive league might actually help our chances.

5 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

I’d of kept chambers on pens. I know he missed one against shepshed but he looks the best option to me

Chambers missed in the 2nd round vs Macclesfield too. McGlinchey was only on pens as he took one at Rushden to complete his hattrick, and then missed against Ilkeston in the Trophy and last night - he put it wide.

At least only one of the misses has been in the league.

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Absolutely, it's time that IFAB made changes to the game that'll really benefit it :D

Ash was doing really well until the Shepshep game, I'm sure he'd scored something like 8/8. 

I think it's what the people would want. Time to get the Sondico's back out.

I'll confirm Chambo's stats when I've updated his wiki page! 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Chambers missed in the 2nd round vs Macclesfield too. McGlinchey was only on pens as he took one at Rushden to complete his hattrick, and then missed against Ilkeston in the Trophy and last night - he put it wide.

At least only one of the misses has been in the league.

Forgot about the Macclesfield one. I still feel more confident when Chambers is taking them.

23 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

@CosbehFox as a bit of an authority on non-league, especially local: do you know if Harborough have any plans to upgrade their stadium? Seems like they have grand designs to push a bit higher, but the set up seems basic to say the least. 

They’ve just built another small stand at the side of their 3G pitch, so I imagine they plan to stick with them their plastic pitch for a while. Strange little setup, just your standard 3G pitch with a bit of an area to stand around and a tidy little clubhouse. Plenty of cash down there so I’d have thought transforming the ground would be a priority.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Coalville have bought Herve Pepe - Ngoma back from Barwell. Good addition, will add some much needed depth to the defence.

If he has the same effect that Putty did then that'll be good. Glad we're looking to try and fix an area of the pitch that is painfully weak. I'm sure we were trying to play him as a CM last season when he was with us lol

17 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If he has the same effect that Putty did then that'll be good. Glad we're looking to try and fix an area of the pitch that is painfully weak. I'm sure we were trying to play him as a CM last season when he was with us lol

Yeah that was a strange one.
I’d expect him to get a lot more football this time round. Thought he looked good at the back for Barwell against us on Boxing Day.

• Like 1

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah that was a strange one.
I’d expect him to get a lot more football this time round. Thought he looked good at the back for Barwell against us on Boxing Day.

Aye it sounds like he's been doing well. Much like Leicester, just having a CB in there that will deal with majority of high balls into the box will make a massive difference. The sloppy goals we concede from crosses are stuff I'd expect from hungover old blokes on a Sunday morning.

Hopefully he turns out to be what we need and him and Eggy can form a decent partnership.

Go down to Barwell a fair bit, probably one of their better players this season and the last, should do a good job for Coalville and a big loss for Barwell who finally look to be turning their form around, two big losses in Ngoma to Coalville and Max Brogan to Nuneaton however.

33 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Go down to Barwell a fair bit, probably one of their better players this season and the last, should do a good job for Coalville and a big loss for Barwell who finally look to be turning their form around, two big losses in Ngoma to Coalville and Max Brogan to Nuneaton however.

I'll be honest, after years of being a feeder club for Barwell, it's nice for the roles to be reversed :D

On 25/10/2022 at 12:04, Finnaldo said:

A very very bit-piece squad at the start of the season, and a lot of players who for one reason or another haven’t played for a year cost us a few points initially. We’re finally getting a few bigger, stronger players that you need at this level and learning to adjust to games against lower placed teams looking to stop us playing our game. Not convinced we’re fully there yet, we still look very thin past the first XI, especially at the back, but time will tell. We’ve got a big challenge at Wolves Sporting away this weekend. 

Doing a good job in the Vase so far too, just beat Cogenhoe, a step above, and we’ve been drawn against Belper United who did us in the play off final last year lol two different squads in different circumstances this year though, and a great away day at least! 

Overall mildly confident this season, I think being in a more competitive league might actually help our chances.

…Well we beat Wolves Sporting, then lost two complete banana skins lol still a lot of work to go, still far too lightweight across the team, and playing a couple lads who shouldn’t even be on the bench.