Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

8 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

Random one- I'm wanting to do a few random non league games this year. Do you lot have any recommendations for places I should visit? I'm thinking quirky stadiums, or good atmosphere, or location in relation to the town etc? Can be anywhere in the country but the more Northern the better! Cheers.

FC United of Manchester. Absolute stand out in terms of supporter culture, nothing like it in this country.

Sheffield FC - Oldest football club in the world

Stocksbridge Park Steels - The Jamie Vardy Stand

Matlock - Beautiful setting around ground 

Clapton FC - Interesting supporter culture

Halifax FC - Never been myself but the ground always looks like one I would like to visit

Scarborough AFC - Day out by the sea. Whitby and Bridlington both not a million miles away either.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

FC United of Manchester. Absolute stand out in terms of supporter culture, nothing like it in this country.

Halifax FC - Never been myself but the ground always looks like one I would like to visit

Scarborough AFC - Day out by the sea. Whitby and Bridlington both not a million miles away either.

Heard a lot of FC united fans a bit disillusioned about how poor the atmosphere has become.  I'd add Dulwich FC who seem to have a very liberal fan culture going on and i believe the same can be said for west didsbury & Chorlton who can attract crowds of 1000.

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Heard a lot of FC united fans a bit disillusioned about how poor the atmosphere has become.  I'd add Dulwich FC who seem to have a very liberal fan culture going on and i believe the same can be said for west didsbury & Chorlton who can attract crowds of 1000.

Yeah does like a nice set up there with the fan group.

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Random one- I'm wanting to do a few random non league games this year. Do you lot have any recommendations for places I should visit? I'm thinking quirky stadiums, or good atmosphere, or location in relation to the town etc? Can be anywhere in the country but the more Northern the better! Cheers.

I’d second Matlock. Nice setting and is in the middle of the town

• Like 1

2 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Does more Northern include the North East? 

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

Dulwich is good but you don't feel like you are at a football game. No one chants, the views are quite poor and feels like everyone is there for a chat. 

2 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Belper Town's ground is an absolute must if you want scenery. Also a decent town for two or three really good pubs/micropubs between the station and the ground (10-minute walk max).

• Like 2

On 25/11/2022 at 12:41, SemperEadem said:

Cheers for that. Love Scarborough's cricket ground so might do that one. Halifax has a big terrace behind the goal which looks good, might be good for a Derby in there.

47 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

North East would be ideal. Have done South Shields and Morpeth. South Shields felt like a proper ground/ crowd. Morpeth just very flat and underwhelming. 

Yeah some cracking clubs, when I’m not drinking, I’ll suggest some. Esh winning is a beautiful setting 

13 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

No reason to persist with the 3pm blackout then. 

I’d say it suggests we do. World Cup games on = people staying at home 

I also think this weekend when the non league clubs have now started moving kick off times around the crowds will go up 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 3