Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

1 hour ago, purpleronnie said:

I know it was expected but 1400 at Nuneaton v Tamworth is impressive for that level.  There was also over a 1000 at Ilkeston.

Was there incredible atmosphere, but had a tense hostile atmosphere thoughout. Kicked off in nunny Town centre and outside the ground. I think there was 100 or so of the 400 travelled from Tamworth came to cause trouble. Speaking Tamworth staff and supporters they said there was a lot of faces that don't go regularly. Just the big match trouble makers. Wannabe green street hollies no club colours just covered there faces and hoods down. There was actually more that 1400, as there was 250 in hospitality which the club don't need to count.

Edited by Leicesterpool

On 26/11/2022 at 17:23, walkerleeds said:

North East would be ideal. Have done South Shields and Morpeth. South Shields felt like a proper ground/ crowd. Morpeth just very flat and underwhelming. 

Semper Eadem's list is very good. Suggestions of Belper also very good. Another good one I've visited up North is Clitheroe, nice town too. I've done Kendal which is a bit unique but I found it disappointing. 

Other ones I fancy visiting in the North are Chorley, Gainsborough, Mossley, Worsborough Bridge Athletic (this is step 7 but the ground is to die for), Workington. 

In NE, I have do Hebburn which was friendly enough without being incredible. Three which are loved by groundhoppers are Esh Winning, Crook Town and Tow Law Town (all step 5 or below). Tbf you won't go wrong with going to see most Northern League grounds - quality and crowds are high. 

Off to see Grantham Town v Worksop Town this evening, the lowest scorers in the division versus the highest scorers, so am expecting nothing less than a huge win for Worksop.

The situation at Grantham Town is getting ridiculous, the manager is completely out of his depth and tactically inept but as he and indeed his family are directors and running the club he is unsackable and somehow with what is rumoured the biggest budget in the league has the club in the bottom 3 of the division.

Went to the recent 4-0 defeat to Ossett United and they were truly hopeless, completely bullied and out pressed by an Ossett team full of experienced Northern Premier League players.

44 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Oldham and Scunthorpe both looking like they could be in the national league North next season. :o

Stockport and York bounced back so hopefully both of those can but it’s very sad to see. Terrible ownership has destroyed them. I think most National League sides would be at least top half league two sides. 

51 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Oldham and Scunthorpe both looking like they could be in the national league North next season. :o

Scunthorpe have just been taken over but it's a big ask now to stay up, Oldham have no excuses really they started the season under new ownership and inexplicably appointed David Unsworth as manager who I thought at the time was a very risky and baffling appointment. Unless clubs take the national league seriously when they get relegated more teams coming down from the Football League will struggle.

7 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Stockport and York bounced back so hopefully both of those can but it’s very sad to see. Terrible ownership has destroyed them. I think most National League sides would be at least top half league two sides. 

It took Stockport and York about 5 years each to get back, Stockport had to go semi pro initially, but you are right the clubs have both been run into the ground by their ownership.

Saw another defeat for Grantham Town against Sheffield, 90th minute winner, after they lost 1-0 to Worksop in midweek.

I'm really getting concerned they are heading for the United Counties League - they can't defend and don't score enough.

Edited by Tuna

17 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Coalville drew 1-1 at bogey side Royston. Not a bad result, Billy Kee spent the last 15 minutes in goal due to the goalkeeper getting injured. 
Hopefully it’s not serious one.

Whitey didn't have a clue where he was. I didn't see the concussion happen, but I don't think he'll play against Nuneaton. 

Billy did well.

4 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Sounds unlikely, might see the young back up keeper on Tuesday then

I spoke to the secretary during the game, and he seemed fairly adamant they would try and bring in a loan keeper for the Nuneaton game.

In Stevo's post-match interview, he said Billy would be in goal on Tuesday lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Absolutely freezing.

Any idea what was kicking off behind the goal? Coalville just never get going all game unfortunately.

Not a clue, I'd seriously be thinking of bringing in a rule that if you're under 16 that you need to be with an adult though. It's a bit embarassing for the club and goes completely against what non league should be all about.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Not a clue, I'd seriously be thinking of bringing in a rule that if you're under 16 that you need to be with an adult though. It's a bit embarassing for the club and goes completely against what non league should be all about.

Yeah agreed there was a lot of annoying kids there, but I also remember being that age on my own at games so it's hard to judge too much. It looked more like adults 'fighting' from where I was 

It wasnt kids. 

This whole under 16s stuff is ridiculous. There is always a lot of kids down there and never any issues with them. 

Better than them roaming the streets and at the end of the day the more youngsters interested in non league the better. 

Coalville isn't a town that can be picky about its attendees

• Like 1