Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

5 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Coalville were pretty awful tonight. We lacked energy and ideas.

We need Timmy & Doyle back soon, especially with Thanoj getting injured tonight. There are 8 games in January, and I think that's going to be a key month.

Really poor again last night.

Not sure what’s going on this season, they have got the strongest squad / starting 11 they have ever had and the league is weaker than it was last year but it’s just not happening in the league games.

Shaw needs a stint on the bench for me and the defence needs improvement.

Need to start stringing wins together or we will be struggling to make the playoffs 

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

Not a clue, I'd seriously be thinking of bringing in a rule that if you're under 16 that you need to be with an adult though. It's a bit embarassing for the club and goes completely against what non league should be all about.

I’m inclined to agree but if you took them out the attendance would be pretty poor. As has already been said, Coalville can’t afford to be picky 

10 hours ago, Lako42 said:

It wasnt kids. 

This whole under 16s stuff is ridiculous. There is always a lot of kids down there and never any issues with them. 

Better than them roaming the streets and at the end of the day the more youngsters interested in non league the better. 

Coalville isn't a town that can be picky about its attendees

That's a few times now that they've all decided to go down to the other end purely to stand there and shout abuse at the few travelling fans. 

All I saw was about 50 kids running back to the shed end after going down to taunt the away fans.

If they could drop the mini green street act and calling the opposition keeper a nonce every single game, it'd be class. They're the next generation and I really don't want to be part of a club that has grown men who think that's what going to the game is all about. Have a beer/bovril, have a chat with your pals and just enjoy the occasion. Create an atmosphere it sounds class when it's rocking, but try supporting your team with the chants.

There's so much ridiculous vitriol coming from the fans, it's just not what you want to see, keep it to the pro football. Non league should be about going to see an honest game, having a few beers and bit of banter with the other teams fans/players. There's no room for actually just going to games to shout abuse at blokes that are stood 5 yards from you.

I can't even bear to stand in the shed end anymore. I'm not entirely sure what the solution is but the behaviour needs snuffing out before it becomes the norm.

I encourage all the newcomers to the ground and definitely welcome the atmosphere they can bring. They just need to focus on enjoying themselves rather than getting worked up because there are some people in the ground that happen to support a different team. It's non league, the fans should be able to mingle and go anywhere in the ground without feeling intimidated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

That's a few times now that they've all decided to go down to the other end purely to stand there and shout abuse at the few travelling fans. 

All I saw was about 50 kids running back to the shed end after going down to taunt the away fans.

If they could drop the mini green street act and calling the opposition keeper a nonce every single game, it'd be class. They're the next generation and I really don't want to be part of a club that has grown men who think that's what going to the game is all about. Have a beer/bovril, have a chat with your pals and just enjoy the occasion. Create an atmosphere it sounds class when it's rocking, but try supporting your team with the chants.

There's so much ridiculous vitriol coming from the fans, it's just not what you want to see, keep it to the pro football. Non league should be about going to see an honest game, having a few beers and bit of banter with the other teams fans/players. There's no room for actually just going to games to shout abuse at blokes that are stood 5 yards from you.

I can't even bear to stand in the shed end anymore. I'm not entirely sure what the solution is but the behaviour needs snuffing out before it becomes the norm.

I encourage all the newcomers to the ground and definitely welcome the atmosphere they can bring. They just need to focus on enjoying themselves rather than getting worked up because there are some people in the ground that happen to support a different team. It's non league, the fans should be able to mingle and go anywhere in the ground without feeling intimidated.

I do agree with what you are saying but the few Nuneaton fans that were there were trying their hardest to get the people they were sharing the stand with in the 1st half to bite and they were grown men. 

The same grown men shouting 'get your tits out for the lads' at the Coalville physio. 

I didn't see what went on down the bottom end in the 2nd half and was talking about something that happened in the Shed End when i said it wasn't kids. 

The Shed End is like a creche though i'll give you that 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I do agree with what you are saying but the few Nuneaton fans that were there were trying their hardest to get the people they were sharing the stand with in the 1st half to bite and they were grown men. 

The same grown men shouting 'get your tits out for the lads' at the Coalville physio. 

I didn't see what went on down the bottom end in the 2nd half and was talking about something that happened in the Shed End when i said it wasn't kids. 

The Shed End is like a creche though i'll give you that 

Oh yeah, it's certainly not a Coalville only issue. I think most clubs have experienced an increase in punters during the pandemic, some of them have brought that "professional football" mentality with them, where it's all very tribal. 95% of fans you come across are good as gold though, you can have some decent banter with and there's a mutual respect. 

We just don't need some awkward edge between two sets of fans and end up in a position where clubs start to think about segregation because a few people can't control themselves.

I was down the other end first half, so not sure what happened, but it wouldn't surprise me. As I say, I've been in stands where both fans are passionately supporting there team and you have a little dig at the other time. When the final whistle goes though, you should be able to shake hands with them and wish them well. 

I don't particular mind the youngsters down there, they create a decent racket, even if the awful out of time banging and chants offend my ears  lol 

Apologies for the confusion though, sounds like we were talking about 2 different incidents :D

12 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Coalville were pretty awful tonight. We lacked energy and ideas.

We need Timmy & Doyle back soon, especially with Thanoj getting injured tonight. There are 8 games in January, and I think that's going to be a key month.

Thoughts on the Boro, sounded an improved performance following defeat at Barwell. 

4 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Thoughts on the Boro, sounded an improved performance following defeat at Barwell. 

There were some good performances in there. Mancinelli looked a decent player. Benbow bullied us all night and Dowd was always a threat.

Nuneaton are a vastly improved team from the one we played almost a year ago to the day, and it seems to have coincided with the appointment of Andy Danylyszyn and smarter recruitment.

They met Coalville on a night where we easy to play against, but it could've been 4 or 5. Incidentally, Coalville have only won 5 of the last 15 at home, which is a concern.

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

There were some good performances in there. Mancinelli looked a decent player. Benbow bullied us all night and Dowd was always a threat.

Nuneaton are a vastly improved team from the one we played almost a year ago to the day, and it seems to have coincided with the appointment of Andy Danylyszyn and smarter recruitment.

They met Coalville on a night where we easy to play against, but it could've been 4 or 5. Incidentally, Coalville have only won 5 of the last 15 at home, which is a concern.

Was dowd the number 8. He looked class.

I'm always jealous how physical and rock solid literally every other teams defence looks compared to ours lol

It'd be nice if I didn't feel like every single shot at our goal will be weakly parried or just go into the net as well.

Badly need Timmy and Doyley back in for their work rate alone, I noticed from a corner that Billy was the only outfield player that didn't have steam coming off him lol

Think a midfield 2 of Doyley and George will be decent as they're both incredibly fit and mobile. 

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Was dowd the number 8. He looked class.

I'm always jealous how physical and rock solid literally every other teams defence looks compared to ours lol

It'd be nice if I didn't feel like every single shot at our goal will be weakly parried or just go into the net as well.

Badly need Timmy and Doyley back in for their work rate alone, I noticed from a corner that Billy was the only outfield player that didn't have steam coming off him lol

Think a midfield 2 of Doyley and George will be decent as they're both incredibly fit and mobile. 

Yeah, Dowd was no. 8. He's been at Bromsgrove and Alvechurch for a short stint, but looks quality at this level.

For me, we were so quiet on Tuesday. There was no talking or organising. I can't help but think Steve Towers' experience and leadership is a big miss at times.

Billy wasn't at his best, but who was! I think he's played well in recent weeks. With Thanoj having broken his jaw, a postponement on Saturday might not be the worst outcome.

8 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Yeah, Dowd was no. 8. He's been at Bromsgrove and Alvechurch for a short stint, but looks quality at this level.

For me, we were so quiet on Tuesday. There was no talking or organising. I can't help but think Steve Towers' experience and leadership is a big miss at times.

Billy wasn't at his best, but who was! I think he's played well in recent weeks. With Thanoj having broken his jaw, a postponement on Saturday might not be the worst outcome.

I just knew he'd be good being a short lad. You can get away with being a 6'2 duffer at this level, but if you're on the shorter side, you're usually gonna be absolute dynamite.

Yeah we do lack massively that side, which is in part why we're an easy touch for a lot of teams. If you can keep the front 4 quiet then you'll always have a chance on the counter or set pieces as we seem to have absolutely no organisational skills.

Couple of new bodies are a must for me if we're genuinely serious about wanting to go up. We could do with some big units with a lot of personality coming in and just adding more steel and backbone to the team. The makings are there, when teams let us play at their ground the proof is in the pudding. When they want to make it difficult, more often than not we lose when it turns into a scrap.

I don't think we need any more fixture congestion to be honest, so I hope we get it on. They will also be missing 2 players that were sent off last Saturday, one being their captain.

Will you be making the trip to Chesterfield?

• Like 1

Why have we signed Pepe back from Barwell and then show no interest in giving him minutes? 

He plays at the back for them but we seem to only be interested in him in midfield as well. 

My dad doesn't go down very often but came on Tuesday and couldn't believe how little noise he could hear from players or manager throughout a game they were struggling in. Considering our constant slow starting and poor home record I think someone needs to step up and lead more, including the main man. 

30 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Why have we signed Pepe back from Barwell and then show no interest in giving him minutes? 

He plays at the back for them but we seem to only be interested in him in midfield as well. 

My dad doesn't go down very often but came on Tuesday and couldn't believe how little noise he could hear from players or manager throughout a game they were struggling in. Considering our constant slow starting and poor home record I think someone needs to step up and lead more, including the main man. 

I'm also confused by that to be honest lol I was 100% expecting to see Eggy and Pepe next to each other.

Stevo like any manager can definitely have his favourites and I'm assuming Robbo must be one.

For me I'd like to improve on Robbo, Deano and Whitey. All 3 would be very decent back up options but I don't think they should be starting for us. Gutted we didn't go back in for Tiernan Brookes, especially as he's ended up at our level anyway.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spacemunky said:

Hopefully he still has something to offer and happy to still be playing.

It's going to be a battle for that top spot.

Certainly is gonna be a good battle.

Interesting to see if Woking carry on the way they are at the minute.

• Like 1

Does anyone else think with the world cup being that Premier league clubs have not done enough to encourage fans to attend their local non league club. Or even approached non league striking a deal where season tickets of the pl club can attend free. With the Premier league club paying the difference.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Does anyone else think with the world cup being that Premier league clubs have not done enough to encourage fans to attend their local non league club. Or even approached non league striking a deal where season tickets of the pl club can attend free. With the Premier league club paying the difference.

No. It shouldn’t be up to PL clubs to do that. 

The FA, the leagues and the non league clubs themselves should have 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Few postponements looming today I think, frost and temperatures. I think more non league clubs should been given the opportunity to reverse the fixture. If the pitch looks unplayable 24 hours before the game then both teams can agree to swap.

Get yourself over to Harborough Town ! All weather pitch, great set up. Totally agree on your idea though. 

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Few postponements looming today I think, frost and temperatures. I think more non league clubs should been given the opportunity to reverse the fixture. If the pitch looks unplayable 24 hours before the game then both teams can agree to swap.

Depends what level you are talking about.

Nuneaton etc have to play games in Suffolk - 24 hours notice to organise a coach lasting four hours? Harborough for example have Dereham in their division too. 

To top it off, some clubs might avoid their games against local larger clubs playing. Ground shares also a bigger issue down South