Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

On 08/12/2022 at 09:19, filbertway said:

Will you be making the trip to Chesterfield?

Chesterfield will be my 87th consecutive game. So, yes, I'll be there.

I think the Rushall postponement is a blessing. Hopefully, come next Saturday Joe and Timmy will be in a place where we can give them minutes.

The league is still very much anyone's. For me, RB has become  as bigger an issue as LB was before we signed Putman. I still can't work out why we let Kalern go?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I think the Rushall postponement is a blessing. Hopefully, come next Saturday Joe and Timmy will be in a place where we can give them minutes.

The league is still very much anyone's. For me, RB has become  as bigger an issue as LB was before we signed Putman. I still can't work out why we let Kalern go?

I think it was as simple as Ilkeston were willing to offer a great deal to a player with an acl injury and we weren't 

Be a class game next week, 87 consecutive is nuts btw mate! Love it haha

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

87 well done pal 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, filbertway said:

I think it was as simple as Ilkeston were willing to offer a great deal to a player with an acl injury and we weren't 

Be a class game next week, 87 consecutive is nuts btw mate! Love it haha

It think it was a shame. Kal was a solid defender who offered a threat going forward.

87 games is crazy. I'll reach the century at home against Leiston as long as there are no further postponements.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Same conditions as last week when they got the game on..... 

We have had many more nights of sub zero temperatures since then. Given the short distance involved I thought they might leave making a decision until the morning, but there could also be snow on the pitch.

Either way, the away following on Tuesday will be significantly lower.

Going to jersey bulls again this weekend, 3G pitch so game is defo on. My colleague who plays for them is stand out at this level and has been on trial at multiple league clubs. He said he’s very good friends with ‘Connor, George and eggy’ at Coalville which I presume means something to the posters above. 

37 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Going to jersey bulls again this weekend, 3G pitch so game is defo on. My colleague who plays for them is stand out at this level and has been on trial at multiple league clubs. He said he’s very good friends with ‘Connor, George and eggy’ at Coalville which I presume means something to the posters above. 

I take it he was at Loughborough uni then, I think that’s where Coalville picked those 3 up from.

• Like 1

Quick trip up the A1 to see Worksop Town v Stockton Town, a tight 1-0 win for the home team in front of a very impressive crowd of 848, this was a clash between the top 2 in the division with Worksop now 11 points clear at the top of the Northern Premier League Division One East, and 21 points ahead of 3rd place, it was essentially a title decider. Cracking goal to win in it from Liam Hughes as well after missing a penalty!

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

Quick trip up the A1 to see Worksop Town v Stockton Town, a tight 1-0 win for the home team in front of a very impressive crowd of 848, this was a clash between the top 2 in the division with Worksop now 11 points clear at the top of the Northern Premier League Division One East, and 21 points ahead of 3rd place, it was essentially a title decider. Cracking goal to win in it from Liam Hughes as well after missing a penalty!

I went this - Worksop’s organisation and defence just too good for Stockton. Sadly made it a bit of a snooze fest. Both clubs well cashed. 

A lot of fans from all different clubs there considering the weather. 

23 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I went this - Worksop’s organisation and defence just too good for Stockton. Sadly made it a bit of a snooze fest. Both clubs well cashed. 

A lot of fans from all different clubs there considering the weather. 

Nice one!

I considered Yaxley but it's a bit open there by the looks of things.

Second time I've seen Worksop this season and they ground out a win at Grantham, they'll win the league for sure but that is a quality squad for the level, Bencherif absolutely a cut above at the back.

Edited by Tuna

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Was a great night

It was an excellent performance from us (standout performances from Deano, George and Chambo), but I can't ever remember seeing a team as disinterested in a game as Chesterfield were tonight.

There was a moment in the second half where they had a throw in on the half way line, 3-1 down, and one of their players gestures to the thrower to slow the game down.

Banbury in the 4th round will be a far sterner test.

Good win for Coalville, you can only beat what is put in front of you. 
Chesterfield rotated heavily, to be honest I expected Coalville to win.

Hopefully can back it up against Barwell and start to kick on in the league. January looks a really difficult month that will make or break the season.

26 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Good win for Coalville, you can only beat what is put in front of you. 
Chesterfield rotated heavily, to be honest I expected Coalville to win.

Hopefully can back it up against Barwell and start to kick on in the league. January looks a really difficult month that will make or break the season.

7 league games in Jan now. Thankfully, there won't be two trips to Suffolk in 4 days, but it's a tough month.

The next two are games we need to win - Barwell & Basford. The two after that against Tamworth & Leiston will be massive.

6 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

7 league games in Jan now. Thankfully, there won't be two trips to Suffolk in 4 days, but it's a tough month.

The next two are games we need to win - Barwell & Basford. The two after that against Tamworth & Leiston will be massive.

I could as easily see us picking up 2 points from them games as I could see us picking up 12 haha. Depends on which Coalville turns up

On paper thw result looked impressive but when you see that we played a bunch of 5 year olds with a few disinterested seniors, I thought it was very underwhelming from us.

We did enough but that was the easiest game we will have all season.

• Like 1

I don't disagree that it was a stroll for us, but I think underwhelming is a tad harsh.

We played some good stuff and used the overloads out wide well, especially for the first hour. We could've easily had 5 with a better final pass or cross.

The last 30 minutes was like a training match, but we didn't need to exert ourselves as Chesterfield showed zero interest in getting back into the game.

Barwell will give us a much tougher game on the 27th.