Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

Went Gainsborough v Matlock - proper non league ground with a couple of 'clubs' in it, toilets from the dark ages and great floodlights. Trinity are managed by Neal Bishop and have Clayton Donaldson upfront. Was pure non league brilliance when Matlock had their goalie sent off and their right winger had to go in net. Over 1100 - 3-0 winners to the home side. A surprisingly decent town as well. They had a CM 21 year old, they signed from Alfreton, looked him up he'd played for Rossington Main for 3 years but no-one had picked him up; he will be in the league within two years I suspect. 

• Like 1

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-sports-seek-investors-to-help-a-remarkable-cinderella-story-to-continue-3972141?fbclid=IwAR2p8xwMtJBTfGOLQzoWrlFiKOkCOm0PLdTQStWRdtHR9A1JrG7nlseF70A

So Coalville should have gone up last season - owner of a bankrolled club wanting investing, article mentions they missed HMRC payments so likelihood is they chased promotion last season paying players OTT rather than the tax man 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-sports-seek-investors-to-help-a-remarkable-cinderella-story-to-continue-3972141?fbclid=IwAR2p8xwMtJBTfGOLQzoWrlFiKOkCOm0PLdTQStWRdtHR9A1JrG7nlseF70A

So Coalville should have gone up last season - owner of a bankrolled club wanting investing, article mentions they missed HMRC payments so likelihood is they chased promotion last season paying players OTT rather than the tax man 

Definitely, it’s obvious they have just been bankrolled to a level that is above what they can sustain themselves at.

I expected this to happen to be honest.

3 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Definitely, it’s obvious they have just been bankrolled to a level that is above what they can sustain themselves at.

I expected this to happen to be honest.

I think we all did. Seen off a good proper non league club in Pboro at Step 5 in the process as they just kept signing their young players for their own youth set up 

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

An absolute collectors item 

Coalville lead at half time and see out a 1-0 win

Doesn't happen 

The pepe factor :D

We've now been forced to play with this formation twice due to injury, I really hope we stick with it as we usually struggle in January and this appears to offer us a bit of stability at the back whilst still being able to create chances.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

The pepe factor :D

We've now been forced to play with this formation twice due to injury, I really hope we stick with it as we usually struggle in January and this appears to offer us a bit of stability at the back whilst still being able to create chances.

He played well I’d like to see more of him.

Good performance I thought we looked pretty solid.

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

He played well I’d like to see more of him.

Good performance I thought we looked pretty solid.

Aside from Creaney having a free shot which I'd expect him to bag 9 out of 10 times I thought it was good. Same against Basford, we just looked a bit more gritty and resolute.

Chatham 1 East Grinstead 0 

Brilliant set up and the level of football beyond what step 4 is up North and in the midlands in my opinion. 

You’d love a club to have this set up in Leicestershire. A proper terrace. A really good bar. Proper food outlet. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 2

Genuinely interested to hear this, what is it that most of you like about Owen Street and the matchday there? 

I’ve always come away from there a bit ‘meh’ about it. No great elevated views of the pitch. The clubhouse is quite small. Probably hasn’t helped it always feels freezing and parking can be a pain.