Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

8 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Genuinely interested to hear this, what is it that most of you like about Owen Street and the matchday there? 

I’ve always come away from there a bit ‘meh’ about it. No great elevated views of the pitch. The clubhouse is quite small. Probably hasn’t helped it always feels freezing and parking can be a pain. 

Great community feel about the club

Atmosphere is generally good for the level they play at

Only a tenner

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Genuinely interested to hear this, what is it that most of you like about Owen Street and the matchday there? 

I’ve always come away from there a bit ‘meh’ about it. No great elevated views of the pitch. The clubhouse is quite small. Probably hasn’t helped it always feels freezing and parking can be a pain. 

My team plays there  :D It's been good seeing it improve over the past 15 odd years as well.

As an away fan though it'd be nothing special I'd agree. I also hate the new PA system and speakers seemingly everywhere, just wanna have a chat at half time and I'm getting music blasted in my ears at 1000 decibels haha.

11 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

For me it's more to do with having a local non league side being a new(ish) resident to NWL. 

I think the things you've mentioned are the exact reasons I enjoy it! It's more fun and 'real' than following the modern professional game.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

The standard of football is excellent 

Having a beer at pitch side without being treated like a criminal. 

Always get a table in the bar

Bar staff remember us and what we drink

Good atmosphere most of the time

I like the realness of it. Its as far away from my perfectly elevated, great view of sanatised fakeball I get at the kp

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Laughable. Ginnelly loves it don’t he?

I don't understand it. What happens if they go up? Begging bucket out to secure a mid table finish?

It's annoying enough that the Peterborough Sports chairman basically admitted to now paying their tax bill so that they could afford to pay players to get them promoted. 

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

lollollol 

I mentioned it already but at the Barwell game they were doing half price for Cov ST holders; the next week it was Leicester ST holders half price lol I get the premise but unless you’re someone like Sheffield FC with a two club town, but why are they offering it to a team supporters in a rival county? If Hinckley did that for Cov fans I’d be fuming lol 

Although it’s par for the course for them to try and pull a fast one…

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

If it works then other clubs will follow, but otherwise its laughable. To be honest I think most of it is going to be used on ground improvements there's been ongoing issues with the car park and facilities for some time. Storer going to boro is no surprise he was there in the stands couple weeks back and Saturday. Nuneaton lad been there before. James Armson also rumoured to be making a return.

46 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

lollollol 

I mentioned it already but at the Barwell game they were doing half price for Cov ST holders; the next week it was Leicester ST holders half price lol I get the premise but unless you’re someone like Sheffield FC with a two club town, but why are they offering it to a team supporters in a rival county? If Hinckley did that for Cov fans I’d be fuming lol 

Although it’s par for the course for them to try and pull a fast one…

Wealdstone FC offer £10 tickets to STH of any PL club, I went to watch them last season.

1 hour ago, leicesterisme said:

Truly unbelievable, they have no shame.

They are apparently signing Solihull’s captain Kyle Storer and can only imagine what they are paying him, I’d guess it’s not under a grand a week. 

That’s probably what this is for then

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

If it works then other clubs will follow, but otherwise its laughable. To be honest I think most of it is going to be used on ground improvements there's been ongoing issues with the car park and facilities for some time. Storer going to boro is no surprise he was there in the stands couple weeks back and Saturday. Nuneaton lad been there before. James Armson also rumoured to be making a return.

I don’t think any club with self respect will follow. The annual Nuneaton need your money, put into the bucket is getting a joke. Ilkeston the same as well. Plenty of smaller clubs could do with the cash but respect their fanbase. 

If Nuneaton get promoted, they face the same issues. Players see them as well as a cash cow rather than a club they are respected at and willing to hang around for less money. 

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Wealdstone FC offer £10 tickets to STH of any PL club, I went to watch them last season.

If you do it for all clubs in the Premier League then fair enough, I find that a little different from offering half price for ST holders of two rival clubs back-to-back weeks, one of which isn’t even even in your county. 

• Like 1

So sad when a club gets run so badly they might disappear.  But sometimes it can spur the community and rise again, Glandford Park has to be one of the most souless grounds in England, but where could a new club play?  Around a decade ago they were in the Championship....scary.

Edited by purpleronnie