Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

24 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Absolutely not. There's a last-16 tie at home up for grabs and we've got a chance.

It's not our fault that Banbury can't get a game on.

No it’s not our fault but the league is far more important IMO. 

We’re not realistically going to win the trophy.

To be honest the FA should have stepped in by now and made them switch it. 

3 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

No it’s not our fault but the league is far more important IMO. 

We’re not realistically going to win the trophy.

To be honest the FA should have stepped in by now and made them switch it. 

The league is more important, but why throw away a good cup run? Realistically, we aren't going to win the league either.

The only game that would've likely gone ahead to be moved is Rushall. Stourbridge away would've been off as would Alvechurch.

March is going to be a busy month.

32 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

The league is more important, but why throw away a good cup run? Realistically, we aren't going to win the league either.

The only game that would've likely gone ahead to be moved is Rushall. Stourbridge away would've been off as would Alvechurch.

No we won’t win it now but need to make sure we get play offs and finish high as possible for a home tie.

We must be at the point now where there’s not enough midweek slots to fit the extra games in. 

6 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

No we won’t win it now but need to make sure we get play offs and finish high as possible for a home tie.

We must be at the point now where there’s not enough midweek slots to fit the extra games in. 

Alvechurch, Leiston & Needham away have been rearranged for the 7th, 14th and 28th March, respectively.

That leaves Stourbridge away and home games against Hitchin and Rushall. We only have one midweek game in Feb, which is St Ives at home.

That leaves plenty of time to fit these 3 games into the schedule. If we were to get any more weather related postponements it would start to get really tricky.

If we do progress to play Gateshead, then Hednesford away will be postponed.

Edited by Gary Eatfood
  • Like 1

Yea we shouldn't be forced into quitting the competition because Banbury are taking the piss. 

I was enjoying this competition and we've beat an very good side to get to this stage so anything is possible. 

Banbury should have been forced into playing this at ours or forfeiting the tie by now though. 

12 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I always think under these under these circumstances teams should be allowed extend the season. If it means adding a couple of weeks at the end and pushing back the play offs.

20 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Absolutely not. There's a last-16 tie at home up for grabs and we've got a chance.

It's not our fault that Banbury can't get a game on.

I can't see past a comfortable Banbury win at their gaff to be honest. Totally outclassed us overall last season and can only assume they're stronger this year.

Massively unfair that this basically writes off any chance of autos. One player picks up a knock that keeps them out for a week from march onwards and they'll likely miss 3 games.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I can't see past a comfortable Banbury win at their gaff to be honest. Totally outclassed us overall last season and can only assume they're stronger this year.

Massively unfair that this basically writes off any chance of autos. One player picks up a knock that keeps them out for a week from march onwards and they'll likely miss 3 games.

They might be stronger, but it's a one-off game and we've already shown plenty of cup pedigree this season.

I think the biggest reason we'll not win the league is the points dropped so far at home to Basford, Royston & Stratford, and away at Bedford. There's 6-8 more points that could be on the board.

On the flip side, the postponements have reduced the amount of games Thanoj will miss if he's back before season end, and it's given Shawey time to get fit. Not playing for 3 weeks is a hindrance though.

9 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

They might be stronger, but it's a one-off game and we've already shown plenty of cup pedigree this season.

I think the biggest reason we'll not win the league is the points dropped so far at home to Basford, Royston & Stratford, and away at Bedford. There's 6-8 more points that could be on the board.

On the flip side, the postponements have reduced the amount of games Thanoj will miss if he's back before season end, and it's given Shawey time to get fit. Not playing for 3 weeks is a hindrance though.

Can't imagine Banbury will go any less than full strength though to be fair. Steve pointed out to me that we're unable to pull out anyway without being seriously penalised.

Despite them dropped points though, were still not off the pace. Its still in our hands atm with 2 fixtures against Leiston to play.

Will be good to have Thanoj back, that being said. I think George has been phenomenal since he came in. Proper box to boxer. He would be one of my first names on the team sheet atm.

Tbh itll just be nice to get to a game lol feels like a lifetime since we've played 

Went to Wroxham v Hashtag in the Isthmian North- my word Hashtag are an unbearable bunch. Good football side but shithoused everything, two men sent off (including Greg Halford) , most other players booked and niggly off the ball stuff. They won 3-2 and there was a brawl at full

time. Social media fans giving the entitled mouthy stuff too.

• Like 1

Brilliant result for Coalville today and unconfined joy when Gooch pea rolled the winner. 

Bizarre decision by the ref to send off our goalie on the advice of the Ilkeston coaching staff. He called our captain a 'lesbo c**t' after a disagreement.

That would be a interesting match report to read.

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Brilliant result for Coalville. 

Had to smile at Ilkeston’s attacking options today of Jamie Ward, Leroy Lita and Chris O’Grady 

Hence the reason they couldn't stretch the game when we were 10 men for an entire half. 

Nevermind Lee Tomin barking at everyone because he was ****ed