Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Shitty night for Coalville. Leiston scored a late winner and Tamworth won too. 

Didn’t surprise me to see Henry Landers bag tonight, outstanding player in the division last season. Thought he might take off in Conf North 

We gifted him both goals. Coalville deserved more tonight, but one goalkeeping error and another missed pen (that's 5 I think this season) cost us.

We've got 20 league games left and it's looking like we'll need to win 17/18 of those to have a chance of the title. It's a very big ask.

On 01/02/2023 at 02:14, Gary Eatfood said:

We gifted him both goals. Coalville deserved more tonight, but one goalkeeping error and another missed pen (that's 5 I think this season) cost us.

We've got 20 league games left and it's looking like we'll need to win 17/18 of those to have a chance of the title. It's a very big ask.

Did you make the journey down? The time it takes to escape the car park absolutely drains the life out of me, I couldn't handle it on a night game. 

I think Leiston and Tamworth will hit a rough patch at some point, as impressive as their form is, it's incredibly hard to maintain, especially when the fixtures start coming thick and fast.

We've just got to go into every game 100% and not take any points for granted, starting with Saturday. I think I saw that 5 of our next 7 are at home as well, so it's important we start to put a good run of results together and making Owen Street a tough place for teams to visit.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Did you make the journey down? The time it takes to escape the car park absolutely drains the life out of me, I couldn't handle it on a night game. 

I think Leiston and Tamworth will hit a rough patch at some point, as impressive as their form is, it's incredibly hard to maintain, especially when the fixtures start coming thick and fast.

We've just got to go into every game 100% and not take any points for granted, starting with Saturday. I think I saw that 5 of our next 7 are at home as well, so it's important we start to put a good run of results together and making Owen Street a tough place for teams to visit.

I went. I thought we should've won. I parked in the Spiceball Car Park about a mile from the ground and walked the rest. It's an awful set-up for the away supporters.

I can see Leiston dropping points, but with Tamworth having 8 out of their last 14 at home and some very winnable games, I can see them getting to 90 points minimum. That would leave us needing 47 points from 20 games at least.

We must win the next three as we have 5 consecutive away fixtures in March at some tough grounds. Tendai went off with a knee injury on Tuesday which is a big blow. His versatility has proven very handy this season.

26 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I went. I thought we should've won. I parked in the Spiceball Car Park about a mile from the ground and walked the rest. It's an awful set-up for the away supporters.

I can see Leiston dropping points, but with Tamworth having 8 out of their last 14 at home and some very winnable games, I can see them getting to 90 points minimum. That would leave us needing 47 points from 20 games at least.

We must win the next three as we have 5 consecutive away fixtures in March at some tough grounds. Tendai went off with a knee injury on Tuesday which is a big blow. His versatility has proven very handy this season.

Yeah I was following on the live bet365 tracker and twitter and it sounded like can justly feel hard done to. Sounds like Banbury were down to the bare bones as well, so shame we couldn't take advantage. Although tbh I'm delighted to just focus on the league and finishing in the top 2 if we can now.

Bloody hell, just seen March lol If we can maintain our away form and stop giving away cheap goals at home then I think we'll be good. Did he play the wing backs again against Banbury? I'm quite liking that formation in that it makes us a bit tougher to break down, especially with Pepe doing well.

I'm hoping Laban is decent and actually capable of ousting Whitey as he think he's one of the main weak links. 

Top 2 is the dream. 1st would be incredible, and 2nd would give us the very best chance of going up via the play offs. Although I'm sure Stevo has been in about 3/4 play offs with us and we've bombed out every time haha.

23 hours ago, filbertway said:

Yeah I was following on the live bet365 tracker and twitter and it sounded like can justly feel hard done to. Sounds like Banbury were down to the bare bones as well, so shame we couldn't take advantage. Although tbh I'm delighted to just focus on the league and finishing in the top 2 if we can now.

Bloody hell, just seen March lol If we can maintain our away form and stop giving away cheap goals at home then I think we'll be good. Did he play the wing backs again against Banbury? I'm quite liking that formation in that it makes us a bit tougher to break down, especially with Pepe doing well.

I'm hoping Laban is decent and actually capable of ousting Whitey as he think he's one of the main weak links. 

Top 2 is the dream. 1st would be incredible, and 2nd would give us the very best chance of going up via the play offs. Although I'm sure Stevo has been in about 3/4 play offs with us and we've bombed out every time haha.

We played with wing backs, but with Tendai being injured, I think we'll revert to a 4 against Rushden. Having Pep in the centre has definitely giving us more solidity, and the formation helps us get more players in the opposition box.

I think top spot might prove beyond us (too many points dropped against Stratford, Basford and Bedford...all the fords except Hednesford, hopefully, that's not an omen for the 11th). However, I fancy us against anyone in the play offs home or away. Just got to start by winning tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

We played with wing backs, but with Tendai being injured, I think we'll revert to a 4 against Rushden. Having Pep in the centre has definitely giving us more solidity, and the formation helps us get more players in the opposition box.

I think top spot might prove beyond us (too many points dropped against Stratford, Basford and Bedford...all the fords except Hednesford, hopefully, that's not an omen for the 11th). However, I fancy us against anyone in the play offs home or away. Just got to start by winning tomorrow.

Massive shame to lose Tendai, although if Deano and Putty are fit then they should be more than capable of performing the role. Although gooch has been playing one of the WB roles hasn't he. Either way tomorrow the formation shouldn't matter. As long as the players are at it, we're essentially playing a team that should be playing 2 leagues below. 

Will be watching with a Rushden fan tomorrow, I've seen them shithouse too many results against us to be 100% confident though haha.

Agreed on top spot, but it is literally in our hands at the minute. So while that's the case I'll hold onto that shred of hope :D

Edited by filbertway

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Massive shame to lose Tendai, although if Deano and Putty are fit then they should be more than capable of performing the role. Although gooch has been playing one of the WB roles hasn't he. Either way tomorrow the formation shouldn't matter. As long as the players are at it, we're essentially playing a team that should be playing 2 leagues below. 

Will be watching with a Rushden fan tomorrow, I've seen them shithouse too many results against us to be 100% confident though haha.

Tendai is a big loss. He'd just started to become consistent with his performances too.

I'm not bothered about the performance tomorrow. A win is all that matters. Same for the next two before the home game against Leiston.

15 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Tendai is a big loss. He'd just started to become consistent with his performances too.

I'm not bothered about the performance tomorrow. A win is all that matters. Same for the next two before the home game against Leiston.

What happened to Tendai ?

If he’s out for any length of time we will need to add another body to the squad 

51 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

What happened to Tendai ?

If he’s out for any length of time we will need to add another body to the squad 

Around 4.00 into the highlights you can see where Tendai's studs get stuck in the turf (it was quite boggy in that part of the penalty area).

In the next attack you can see him still on the floor before getting up to take a shot with his injured leg. Hopefully, it's just a ligament tweak and a few weeks out.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Around 4.00 into the highlights you can see where Tendai's studs get stuck in the turf (it was quite boggy in that part of the penalty area).

In the next attack you can see him still on the floor before getting up to take a shot with his injured leg. Hopefully, it's just a ligament tweak and a few weeks out.

Real bad news because Shaw isn't anywhere near as versatile

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Gave her the option to head down but not up for it

So she'll be on her own for the evening 

You tried your best :D

Looking forward to Hednesford, one of my favourite grounds at this level. We oddly seem to struggle when we should win and then pull out a result when the odds are against us here. So just hoping for a professional performance and 3 points.

Hot foot back for the Chesterfield v Notts county game and then the Adam Azim fight later on. Should be a cracking day of sport. 

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

The game on 18th looking huge at Owen Street 

If we win our next 3 games we're putting ourselves in a very strong position, a lot of work still to do but it'd be well and truely in our hands then.

I'm seriously beginning to doubt that Alvechurch will see this season through. They might need to hire out a local 4G pitch as back up.

30 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If we win our next 3 games we're putting ourselves in a very strong position, a lot of work still to do but it'd be well and truely in our hands then.

I'm seriously beginning to doubt that Alvechurch will see this season through. They might need to hire out a local 4G pitch as back up.

Church will be alright - worst comes worst they will go Redditch for games 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I fancy us to a have a decent run in February. March is an absolute killer though. Going to be very tough with a small squad.

17 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I fancy us to a have a decent run in February. March is an absolute killer though. Going to be very tough with a small squad.

With our away form I probably fancy March more than Feb lol

I think we've found a way to win ugly since christmas with Pepe's inclusion, which is something we have badly lacked in previous seasons.

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Woah!! Let's try and get 3 points at Hednesford first.