Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

The cost cutting exercise has begun at Ilkeston following the exit of Dave Hilton.

One player has signed for Matlock, while Chris O'Grady and Dempsey Arlott-John had contracts cancelled by mutual consent.

Arlott-John has signed for Harborough Town. I would've liked him at Coalville.

10 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

The cost cutting exercise has begun at Ilkeston following the exit of Dave Hilton.

One player has signed for Matlock, while Chris O'Grady and Dempsey Arlott-John had contracts cancelled by mutual consent.

Arlott-John has signed for Harborough Town. I would've liked him at Coalville.

Yeah he would of been a good addition.

I see Lewis Ison has left Hednesford in the week, I’d take him at Coalville for the rest of the season to boost numbers in the defence.

32 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

I see Lewis Ison has left Hednesford in the week, I’d take him at Coalville for the rest of the season to boost numbers in the defence.

Be great if we announced him on Saturday morning and he lined up against them lol

Hednesford seem to be an absolute basket case atm. If we're focused we could run up a big score on them. Another 2 fringe players left yesterday.

Ilkeston are actually annoying me now, they should be forced to play sunday league football. It's the same thing every couple of years. The chairman going to Scunthorpe is likely the nail in the coffin for them as well.

Big game tomorrow for jersey bulls in the last 16 of the FA vase v the current holders Newport pagnell. As I’m back for the spurs match, and the bulls ko at 1pm, I briefly thought about going and leaving early to get to the kp in time. But I’ve had enough of park football for now and relishing seeing city live for the first time since Xmas 

3 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

He’s signed for Stratford this morning, a strange move but I’m guessing they are throwing everything at it to try to stay up. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, filbertway said:

Be great if we announced him on Saturday morning and he lined up against them lol

Hednesford seem to be an absolute basket case atm. If we're focused we could run up a big score on them. Another 2 fringe players left yesterday.

Ilkeston are actually annoying me now, they should be forced to play sunday league football. It's the same thing every couple of years. The chairman going to Scunthorpe is likely the nail in the coffin for them as well.

We just need a nice solid win like against Rushden. Comfortable without having to really push ourselves.

27 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

We just need a nice solid win like against Rushden. Comfortable without having to really push ourselves.

Wouldn't it be sweet to outdo Tamworth and bag 10 though :D 

I think we'll look to have a professional first half and take a 2/3 goal lead into the break.  Then I'd be resting as many as possible in the second half. Keep the key players as fresh as possible. I feel very comfortable that any player on the bench will be able to come on and put in a good performance for us.

Obviously need the mindset right though as you go into any game as this level thinking you perform at less than 100% and we'll quickly fall behind.

• Like 1

On 10/02/2023 at 11:21, grobyfox1990 said:

Big game tomorrow for jersey bulls in the last 16 of the FA vase v the current holders Newport pagnell. As I’m back for the spurs match, and the bulls ko at 1pm, I briefly thought about going and leaving early to get to the kp in time. But I’ve had enough of park football for now and relishing seeing city live for the first time since Xmas 

Bloody hell im glad I did this instead of messing around on a park in Newport pagnell. Although a shame the bulls have exited the vase, more than made up for by what I saw at the kp 

Went to Grantham Town v North Shields, North Shields had a player sent off on 2 minutes, didn't really help Grantham that much as it was pretty much a case of breaking Shields down, finally got a winner on 75 minutes, Shields played well with 10 men and managed to hit the bar after Grantham scored, Chris O'Grady made his debut for Grantham and got an assist, played really well, played a proper target man role moving defenders around and winning flick ons.

31 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Miss this? 

Aha na brother me and Scouse off here were behind that goal, will be in that vid - the fella diving is that Whitham character who was absolute class. That keeper was a little shithead, his brother is the first choice and their dad is assistant for Stafford, this was his chance to impress and he's had his pants pulled right down

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Aha na brother me and Scouse off here were behind that goal, will be in that vid - the fella diving is that Whitham character who was absolute class. That keeper was a little shithead, his brother is the first choice and their dad is assistant for Stafford, this was his chance to impress and he's had his pants pulled right down

Yeah it’s the Belford family. One of the lads is joint manager at AFC Hinckley