Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

42 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Coalville lost away to Leiston 1-0 

It was a game low on quality and chances. If it had finished 0-0, then neither team could've complained.

We need 3pts at Bromsgrove on Saturday if it survives the weather.

The most pleasing aspect of last night was the 30 or so Coalville fans that were part of the attendance of 174. Great support and dedication. Two seasons ago there would've probably been less than 10.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

It was a game low on quality and chances. If it had finished 0-0, then neither team could've complained.

The most pleasing aspect of last night was the 30 or so Coalville fans that were part of the attendance of 174. Great support and dedication. Two seasons ago there would've probably been less than 10.

Be hammering if Coalville get the first goal. The club is a right state at the moment. A big shame to see considering how good it was going pre-Covid. 

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Be hammering if Coalville get the first goal. The club is a right state at the moment. A big shame to see considering how good it was going pre-Covid. 

Apparently, they played quite well first half last night. Connor Tee is a decent signing for them. It's all been downhill for Bromsgrove since Bren Kelly left.

At this stage, I'd take a crappy 1-0 win.

38 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

What happened to Chambo ? Be a big loss if he’s out for any length of time 

Pathetic support from Leiston as well, don’t deserve to go up based on that alone.

Edited by Lcfc82

25 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

What happened to Chambo ? Be a big loss if he’s out for any length of time 

Pathetic support from Leiston as well, don’t deserve to go up based on that alone.

Chambo hobbled off after around 30 minutes. I didn't see him go down due to a tackle, so I'm surmising he's tweaked something or rolled his ankle. We certainly missed his nous and movement after he went off. 

Tendai came on up front, which suggest Billy still isn't 100%. We looked a lot better in the last 30 minutes with George Wilson in the middle, Billy up top and Tendai out wide. Luke Shaw playing in the 10, or drifting across the front line hasn't worked for me. He gets lost in games.

I've heard a rumour that we have players lined up to come in if Stevo wants them. minutes

Edited by Gary Eatfood

6 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Luke Shaw playing in the 10, or drifting across the front line hasn't worked for me. He gets lost in games.

It's not something we should persist with. I didn't like it on Saturday against one of the poorer teams as it felt a bit complacent, but to do it against the better teams is ill judged imo. 

6 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

It's not something we should persist with. I didn't like it on Saturday against one of the poorer teams as it felt a bit complacent, but to do it against the better teams is ill judged imo. 

He's best out wide in a 4-4-2. The problem is this season Tendai has been more effective and consistent.

If we're playing with a back three, the midfield needs the drive of George Wilson. He's a genuine box-to-box midfielder and gives us so much forward impetus. Shaw can only really be shoehorned into that system.

It was two teams desperate not to lose last night, was always like to be a set piece or class strike that would win the game.

Disappointed we moved back to the 4 4 2 considering the success we've had with the 3 5 2 formation. Having George, Pepe and Doyley in the middle is just so much better for us. Doyley and George are the engine and Pepe in front of the back 3 just makes us look more solid.

Spoke to Ash after the game and he said he felt something, gave it 15-20 but didn't want to risk making it worse and being out for longer. So sounds like it'll be a case of assessing it on Thursday and see how he feels.

Really hope we move back to the middle 3 as it's been the reason we've been able to grind out results which is something we've not really been good at, especially during these colder more miserable months.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Chambo hobbled off after around 30 minutes. I didn't see him go down due to a tackle, so I'm surmising he's tweaked something or rolled his ankle. We certainly missed his nous and movement after he went off. 

Tendai came on up front, which suggest Billy still isn't 100%. We looked a lot better in the last 30 minutes with George Wilson in the middle, Billy up top and Tendai out wide. Luke Shaw playing in the 10, or drifting across the front line hasn't worked for me. He gets lost in games.

I've heard a rumour that we have players lined up to come in if Stevo wants them. minutes

They would be mad not to bolster the squad for the run in, especially if they have the funds to do it.

Still have a great chance of going up.