Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

24 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

2 more for Macca. I believe that's 35 on the season. 

Most important, the 3 points. 

Just keeping up with Hollywood.

Its mad that you will most certainly go through the 100 point barrier but not guarenteed promotion.

1 hour ago, Thefox81 said:

Its mad that you will most certainly go through the 100 point barrier but not guarenteed promotion.

I try not to think of it lol

I was thinking today about how long we've been fighting to get out of this league and realized, it's actually only been four years. It feels so much longer than that.

I just don't want a fifth.

Best half I've seen us play in ages against Bromsgrove 1st half. George and Doyley must have turned over possession about 10-15 times between them in the first half alone.

Second half was a shame as it felt like an opportunity to pump up the goal difference which could be crucial come the season end.

Onto Nuneaton now. No pressure on this one for me. A point or 3 would be great, but its how we perform in the other 10 games that will define where we finish

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Best half I've seen us play in ages against Bromsgrove 1st half. George and Doyley must have turned over possession about 10-15 times between them in the first half alone.

Second half was a shame as it felt like an opportunity to pump up the goal difference which could be crucial come the season end.

Onto Nuneaton now. No pressure on this one for me. A point or 3 would be great, but its how we perform in the other 10 games that will define where we finish

Looking forward to Nuneaton away. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Looking forward to Nuneaton away. 

Should be good one, as long as we don't start like we did at Owen Street, I generally fancy us when the opposition want to come onto us. 

I've got an all dayer in Manchester the day before so will be feeling a bit ropey hopefully a few motorway beers will sort it out on the way down though. lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, filbertway said:

Nuneaton seem to be hyping this game up as a must win for them.

Although, they're unbeaten at home this season, the last three have been 1-0, 2-1 and 1-0 against Stratford, Rushden and Basford respectively. If we can score first next Saturday, I think we'll win.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Although, they're unbeaten at home this season, the last three have been 1-0, 2-1 and 1-0 against Stratford, Rushden and Basford respectively. If we can score first next Saturday, I think we'll win.

I'm hoping we fancy some revenge because we were terrible in the home fixture

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Yeah I heard Luke mention that one in his interview with Stevo, I found it very odd to be honest. They aren't exactly the most mentally stable club so it's not a surprise. As you say, the recent results would indicate performances are dropping off. A bit like Leiston who scrambled a few late wins against poor teams before going on a run of draws.

If we're at it and on our best form I fancy us to give any team in this league a very tough game, home or away.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yeah I heard Luke mention that one in his interview with Stevo, I found it very odd to be honest. They aren't exactly the most mentally stable club so it's not a surprise. As you say, the recent results would indicate performances are dropping off. A bit like Leiston who scrambled a few late wins against poor teams before going on a run of draws.

If we're at it and on our best form I fancy us to give any team in this league a very tough game, home or away.

They’re hyping it up to try and get a big attendance down there. It won’t really matter when the result is for Nuneaton, IMO they are going to finish 4th or 5th regardless.

As you say if Coalville are at it, Nuneaton will find it very difficult 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Was there any outcome of the Tamworth vs Nuneaton abandoned game ?

No news yet. FA still investigating. Don't think the match will be awarded to Tamworth as there was still well over half an hour to go. Was a whisper that Tamworth are being asked a lot of questions about the security on the day and for other fixtures including an incident against Ilkeston where a coach was vandalised. According to Ilkeston even though coach was within the Tamworth car park, no steward was around to help out. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

No news yet. FA still investigating. Don't think the match will be awarded to Tamworth as there was still well over half an hour to go. Was a whisper that Tamworth are being asked a lot of questions about the security on the day and for other fixtures including an incident against Ilkeston where a coach was vandalised. According to Ilkeston even though coach was within the Tamworth car park, no steward was around to help out. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s behind closed doors when it’s replayed. No chance of it being awarded.

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Fcuk me I thought they were after another grand off their supporters 

I accidentally bought a ticket for the home end.

I've asked for a refund, but I fear my request will go unanswered and the tenner used to further boost the coffers to pay the fine for their part in the Tamworth debacle.

9 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I accidentally bought a ticket for the home end.

I've asked for a refund, but I fear my request will go unanswered and the tenner used to further boost the coffers to pay the fine for their part in the Tamworth debacle.

Not segregated I don't think, boro will still get your tenner if it was separate away ticket. Just to let you know hooligans in both ends we're neither regulars of the club just bunch thugs came for a punch up. Non at interest in the match whatsoever.

Edited by Leicesterpool

24 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Not segregated I don't think, boro will still get your tenner if it was separate away ticket. Just to let you know hooligans in both ends we're neither regulars of the club just bunch thugs came for a punch up. Non at interest in the match whatsoever.

Just back from watching Grantham lose 1-0 at home to local and relegation rivals Carlton - only out of the bottom 2 on goal difference, played more games, can't score goals and stuck with a manager that won't be sacked.

Edited by Tuna

3 hours ago, adam said:

Tickets purchased for coalvilles big game. Looking forward to it.

Game is segregated by the way mate, so if your looking for pint pre match I'd suggest the Crows Nest, only 10 minute walk.  Ticket sales have been interesting heard Wednesday 650 been sold, just under 100 at that been sold to away supporters. Haven't heard anything since. Hospitality sold out! that's 120 in there, though apparently doesn't get counted in the attendance for some reason. My guess attendance will be 900 mark.  

Edited by Leicesterpool

7 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Game is segregated by the way mate, so if your looking for pint pre match I'd suggest the Crows Nest, only 10 minute walk.  Ticket sales have been interesting heard Wednesday 650 been sold, just under 100 at that been sold to away supporters. Haven't heard anything since. Hospitality sold out! that's 120 in there, though apparently doesn't get counted in the attendance for some reason. My guess attendance will be 900 mark.  

Is there a bar in the away end for a pint?

I noticed on nuneaton twitter page they were going on about project 1000 but no recent updates.

Should be a good game though

12 hours ago, adam said:

Is there a bar in the away end for a pint?

I noticed on nuneaton twitter page they were going on about project 1000 but no recent updates.

Should be a good game though

Sadly not it'll just be a food kiosk. The rugby club maybe open. Could try in there.