Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

First time I’ll be at a Coalville game for over a year or so tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Those on here that are going, where’s best to go pre match? 

None of the pubs in Coalville are any good really, the Engine probably the best pre match.

Jacks bar at the ground gets a few In before the game now as well.

4 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

None of the pubs in Coalville are any good really, the Engine probably the best pre match.

Jacks bar at the ground gets a few In before the game now as well.

What time does Jacks bar at the ground open from mate? 

1 hour ago, goody2028 said:

First time I’ll be at a Coalville game for over a year or so tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Those on here that are going, where’s best to go pre match? 

Go in the Stamford. The owners are big Wolves fans and it has a lovely spit and sawdust 1970's vibe :D

• Like 1

Going Grantham v Consett at this stage gotta win almost every game - Lincoln United still catchable and have to go there still - Carlton won 3 on the bounce and now look almost safe!

Basically relying on North Shields failling ground grading and winning a playoff against a step 5 runner up now!

Manager laughed off talk of a relegation battle in the autumn but look at the league table!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

On way back for Ipswich Wanderers. My OHs brother is involved with Thetford Town. Was 1st v 2nd with Thetford 1 point ahead. It’s been a remarkable season for them - with next to nothing budget and crowds of 80ish normally. Ipswich have flashed the cash for the last two seasons. Signed Blake from Leiston who some will know here earlier on in the season. 

Ipswich nicked it 3-2 in about the 99th minute of injury time. Ref got carried away - Thetford finished with 9 men due, all four yellows we much of a muchness. Changing point was with Thetford 2 up at half time; their keeper got injured with it’s a proper late challenge and broke one of his ribs. 

Likely to be one of the inter step playoffs now for them - but they racked up three injures today and couple of suspensions. It ain’t over yet but would need someone to do them a real favour. 

501 was the attendance - superb at that level 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

Grantham 3 Consett 0

Great win and good value for it as well, only issue is all the relegation rivals won as well!

A goof starting point to get out of this mess.

Tadcaster relegated as well.

• Like 2

Not a good sign that we've allowed the opposition to slice through us in the past 2 games. Imperative we get that midfield 3 of George, JDC and Pepe playing together as often as possible.

No need to overthink it, we stumbled on the winning formula against Basford, just stick to what's working and it should be fine.

Last 2 A14 trips of the season this coming week. 6 points would be class, but I'd take 4 points from the next 2 to be fair.

Couldn't make it today, but could hear the crowd celebrating the winner from my garden about a mile away :D

54 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Not a good sign that we've allowed the opposition to slice through us in the past 2 games. Imperative we get that midfield 3 of George, JDC and Pepe playing together as often as possible.

No need to overthink it, we stumbled on the winning formula against Basford, just stick to what's working and it should be fine.

Last 2 A14 trips of the season this coming week. 6 points would be class, but I'd take 4 points from the next 2 to be fair.

Couldn't make it today, but could hear the crowd celebrating the winner from my garden about a mile away :D

Yeah, I don’t know why George Wilson has been taken out of the side. Definitely need to tighten up a bit, very open game today.

8 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Yeah, I don’t know why George Wilson has been taken out of the side. Definitely need to tighten up a bit, very open game today.

For me the strongest team, minus eggs and thanoj is

White

Dean/wilkinson

Robbo

Putty

Tendai/shaw 

Jdc

Pepe

George

Gooch

Chambers

Berridge

Stick with that and we won't go far wrong at all. George has been in phenomenal form, i can only hope he's been rested due to a tweak or something.

How did Brogan look?

Edited by filbertway

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

For me the strongest team, minus eggs and thanoj is

White

Dean/wilkinson

Robbo

Putty

Tendai/shaw 

Jdc

Pepe

George

Gooch

Chambers

Berridge

Stick with that and we won't go far wrong at all. George has been in phenomenal form, i can only hope he's been rested due to a tweak or something.

How did Brogan look?

Yeah I’d go with that. I’d go between Deano and Wilkinson depending on the opposition and Tendai definitely in the best 11 for me although Shaw had a decent game today.

Wasn’t that impressed with Brogan, don’t think he improved anything when he came on but need to give him a few games to settle in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

The goal today was poor, but defensively we've been brilliant for 4 months. What is a good sign is we keep scoring late goals. We're one of the fittest sides in the league, which means we'll create chances as the game wears on. 

Despite making hard work of today, we were full value for the win. It'd be great if Rushden can pull of the shock result of the season next Saturday.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

The goal today was poor, but defensively we've been brilliant for 4 months. What is a good sign is we keep scoring late goals. We're one of the fittest sides in the league, which means we'll create chances as the game wears on. 

Despite making hard work of today, we were full value for the win. It'd be great if Rushden can pull of the shock result of the season next Saturday.

We have been, which makes it baffling to me that hes decided to take George out and all of a sudden, the opposition creating plenty of chances 

Leiston had a similar spell where they nicked a couple of games by the skin of their teeth and then the luck ran out.

I just hope we're not about to experience the same. 

Got a couple of Rushden mates and they would be delighted if they could do anything to scupper Tamworth season lol

Nearly 1000 today there as well. Insane numbers

Feel like it'll be good numbers home and away now. Looking forward to the trip to Needham Market on Tuesday night :D

8 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

That’s a game we wouldn’t of won last season, hopefully a good sign.