Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

20 hours ago, filbertway said:

We have been, which makes it baffling to me that hes decided to take George out and all of a sudden, the opposition creating plenty of chances 

Leiston had a similar spell where they nicked a couple of games by the skin of their teeth and then the luck ran out.

I just hope we're not about to experience the same. 

Got a couple of Rushden mates and they would be delighted if they could do anything to scupper Tamworth season lol

Nearly 1000 today there as well. Insane numbers

Feel like it'll be good numbers home and away now. Looking forward to the trip to Needham Market on Tuesday night :D

I can only think George picked up a knock at Nuneaton. Stourbridge was only 48-hours later, so resting him there would seem sensible and maybe now it's a case of winning his spot back or Connor losing his?

One real positive from the last 2 games is Timmy is looking really sharp. He could've had three yesterday to go with his brace at Stourbridge, and with Ash now fully fit again we can outscore teams even if we do concede the odd goal.

I'm off to Bury St Edmunds for the afternoon on Tuesday before making the short drive to Needham. St Ives is also a good away day on the Saturday.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

I see Layton Ndukwu is at Barwell now, scored a couple yesterday.

Anyone know why there’s no mention of him on there twitter feed, just referring to him as the Barwell number 9 ?

I thought that was odd. They mentioned his name on the radio.

12 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

That’s a game we wouldn’t of won last season, hopefully a good sign.

The match yesterday had the stench of Lowestoft at home from last season before kick off. We have greater resilience this year to take the setbacks in our stride and keep a positive attacking intent. We also have much better depth in quality when we need to change the momentum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

No mention of the signing of him or anything - weird !

Their Twitter account doesn't seem the most efficient and up-to-date at the best of times. I read it on the Southern Football League site.

It seems like the sort of signing you'd want to publicise.

15 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I can only think George picked up a knock at Nuneaton. Stourbridge was only 48-hours later, so resting him there would seem sensible and maybe now it's a case of winning his spot back or Connor losing his?

One real positive from the last 2 games is Timmy is looking really sharp. He could've had three yesterday to go with his brace at Stourbridge, and with Ash now fully fit again we can outscore teams even if we do concede the odd goal.

I'm off to Bury St Edmunds for the afternoon on Tuesday before making the short drive to Needham. St Ives is also a good away day on the Saturday.

Should hopefully be making both journeys. The pub that backs onto the river in St Ives is cracking and a traditional pre match stop off spot :D

Buzing for this run in now!

We used to joke about being in the conference North back in the day. Now its a very real possibility 

20 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Really nice town Bury. 

Looks me and the old man will be off St Ives on Saturday - looks a decent town too

• Like 2

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Really nice town Bury. 

Looks me and the old man will be off St Ives on Saturday - looks a decent town too

The 15th century bridge in St Ives is quite spectacular. It's a lovely town on a sunny day.

I'm looking forward to visiting Bury almost as much as the game.

7 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Should hopefully be making both journeys. The pub that backs onto the river in St Ives is cracking and a traditional pre match stop off spot :D

Buzing for this run in now!

We used to joke about being in the conference North back in the day. Now its a very real possibility 

Just 12 hours of football left to go in the regular season.

We're favourites to win the league now. It's going to be about who can handle the pressure the best. Last season's play-off games and the big cup matches this season might give us an edge. Lots of squeaky bum time to go.

1 minute ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Just 12 hours of football left to go in the regular season.

We're favourites to win the league now. It's going to be about who can handle the pressure the best. Last season's play-off games and the big cup matches this season might give us an edge. Lots of squeaky bum time to go.

No better chance. Im not too excited yet. I've seen us implode too many times as favourites under Stevo haha.

Top 2 is looking all but secure though.

Floods tavern in the pub in St ives. Cracking pub and beer garden

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

No better chance. Im not too excited yet. I've seen us implode too many times as favourites under Stevo haha.

Top 2 is looking all but secure though.

Floods tavern in the pub in St ives. Cracking pub and beer garden

We took 17 points from the 8 corresponding fixtures last season, which would give us 92 points. I don't think I can bare the play-offs again. 5 wins out of the last 8 would possibly clinch the league, and if Tamworth win all there remaining games then fair play to them. They still have a rearranged game against Nuneaton to play, which should be interesting.

I'm planning on arriving in St Ives around 11ish, so I'll nip into the pub.

Edited by Gary Eatfood

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Anyone else been following the farcical situation at Yaxley FC?

Sammy Mould has been "removed by mutual consent".

Just looked into this - shouldn't find it as funny as they did. He's had quite a few days - which all unraveled from having a pop at COleshill's keeper on twitter. 

Just had a read, maybe I've not gone back far enough, but it just sounds like a manager got sacked after relegation. Also they confirmed they don't own the 3G but have free use of it?

Am I missing something obvious aside from the obvious "removed by mutual consent" lol

25 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Just had a read, maybe I've not gone back far enough, but it just sounds like a manager got sacked after relegation. Also they confirmed they don't own the 3G but have free use of it?

Am I missing something obvious aside from the obvious "removed by mutual consent" lol

Yeah the club haven't published the reasons. 

He claimed he was a licensed agent and he could get players to Yaxley which he did and their performances improved. In reality he was persuading young lads to depart with cash to get them clubs. Obviously when he become Yaxley manager, the plan was in and the Yaxley board were pleased they had a team which was ferrying in from London without them paying expenses etc. 

He also has a tik Tok account where he's showing himself off as an agent. He isn't registered. He deleted his twitter but has unsurprisingly kept his tik Tok - https://www.tiktok.com/@sammy__leonard

This Saturday they turned up at Coleshill with no subs. He had a pop at a 70 year old kit man and then after the game started having a go at the Coleshill players on twitter. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lcfc82 said:

Another game off for Alvechurch, their fixture list for the run in will be brutal.

Be handy for Coalville that given they are the penultimate game. Could see they moving games to Redditch if the pitch becomes a problem.

Notably they have a Brum Senior Cup semi final too.  

52 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I don’t think that’s a bad point at all for Coalville. Needham been pinching points off everyone 

Puts them level with Tamworth and a game in hand,  certainly feels like a decent point. Big end to the season now 

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

I don’t think that’s a bad point at all for Coalville. Needham been pinching points off everyone 

Needham are a good footballing side. Their problem is they don't score enough goals.

It's a valuable point tonight, but I think Coalville need the win on Saturday at St Ives. As much as I'd love Rushden to get something at Tamworth, it should be a home banker.

• Like 1