Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Be handy for Coalville that given they are the penultimate game. Could see they moving games to Redditch if the pitch becomes a problem.

Notably they have a Brum Senior Cup semi final too.  

The game against Cov is April 12th, which leaves Thursday 20th April as the only available date. Two days after they play us and only 10 days after playing 2 games in 3 days.

They desperately need their new ground.

7 hours ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Needham are a good footballing side. Their problem is they don't score enough goals.

It's a valuable point tonight, but I think Coalville need the win on Saturday at St Ives. As much as I'd love Rushden to get something at Tamworth, it should be a home banker.

It’s a good point, we’re not going to win every game until the end of the season. I expect the games at Barwell, Stratford and Alvechurch to be tough as well.

Rushden seem to have picked up a bit in the last few games but can’t see them having enough to get a result at Tamworth.

• Like 1

Just now, CosbehFox said:

Tamworth have Leiston and Redditch plus Stratford too. Really think if comes down to the last day Coalville will do it as Redditch and their manager would love to ruin it for them. 

We have Stourbridge at home on the last day, managed by a former Coalville player. Hopefully he will do us a favour 

Hinckley AFC into the MFL League Cup semi-final- even better that Atherstone made it through as well. Would be excellent to win it of course but a Hinckley-Atherstone match up is the dream. Could probably be looking at the mid-hundreds for a semi, a final you might even be looking at breaching a four figure gate. They’ve hit form and look a lot tighter defensively in the last eight games or so too. So far they’re the in-form team going into the run-in, keeping it up and getting 2nd spot would be massive, unlike last year you’d think they have a good chance against any of the potential five play-off rivals, whereas Belper or Radford felt like it would be an uphill battle in the final last year.

4 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

This Tamworth - Nuneaton situation needs resolving in the next week, not sure what the hold up is in making a decision.

I think the SPLC are waiting on the conclusion of the police investigation. I don't believe any arrests have been made.

The most likely outcome is the game will be played w/c 17/04 behind closed doors and both teams will be fined.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tamworth had to play another 1/2 games BCD next season as this is the second time in two seasons they've had a game abandoned for crowd issues.

• Like 1

On 29/03/2023 at 12:12, Finnaldo said:

Hinckley AFC into the MFL League Cup semi-final- even better that Atherstone made it through as well. Would be excellent to win it of course but a Hinckley-Atherstone match up is the dream. Could probably be looking at the mid-hundreds for a semi, a final you might even be looking at breaching a four figure gate. They’ve hit form and look a lot tighter defensively in the last eight games or so too. So far they’re the in-form team going into the run-in, keeping it up and getting 2nd spot would be massive, unlike last year you’d think they have a good chance against any of the potential five play-off rivals, whereas Belper or Radford felt like it would be an uphill battle in the final last year.

Think they will win the play offs, especially if home draw in the Semi's.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tevez said:

Think they will win the play offs, especially if home draw in the Semi's.

I hope so but that’s the trouble with play-offs, it’s winner takes all ultimately lol I’d hope you’re right as we’re seeming a lot more resilient so far as other teams around us are beginning to falter and drop silly points. It’s a long season to go however so we can only wait and see! 

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Anyone at a loose end on Saturday. Melton v Quorn is a huge game which will most likely decide who gets the inter-step playoff place 

Is second place purely inter-step play-off now? Last year there were select teams in second who had the highest points total and got automatic promotion (or is just unlikely those two teams will qualify for that?)

10 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Is second place purely inter-step play-off now? Last year there were select teams in second who had the highest points total and got automatic promotion (or is just unlikely those two teams will qualify for that?)

Only one spot going via PPG as it stands 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

I hope so but that’s the trouble with play-offs, it’s winner takes all ultimately lol I’d hope you’re right as we’re seeming a lot more resilient so far as other teams around us are beginning to falter and drop silly points. It’s a long season to go however so we can only wait and see! 

I manage Ingles and Hinckley are the team that are tough to play against especially on 3G, if you get a home draw in the Semi, you get the home draw in the final! They will be very tough to beat.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Big game for jersey bulls tomorrow, at home to top of the table Raynes Park, who they will also play away in 2 weeks. Players coming back and a real chance of playoffs or promotion. We have a table there tomorrow, over 800 tickets sold too. 

Got to win to have any chance, even if they do its still very unlikely.

• Like 1