Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

32 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Looking really bleak for Scunthorpe and Yeovil now, I know Scunny have had a lot of issues off the pitch but from the championship to regional football is quite a spectacular fall.

Looking forward to visiting the Scunts next season. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Looking forward to visiting the Scunts next season. 

You'll be wanting Scarborough Athletic (if they don't go up) away to be in August!

• Like 1

What a result last night. Grinding out wins against opponents that are not laying down, it's something I've never seen a Coalville team do as consistently as this ever.

Bromsgrove are in real trouble and playing a lot of youth. Hopefully we'll turn up with an intention of putting this one to bed in the first half then it's a case of saving the legs second half for a quick turnaround on Monday at Barwell.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, filbertway said:

What a result last night. Grinding out wins against opponents that are not laying down, it's something I've never seen a Coalville team do as consistently as this ever.

Bromsgrove are in real trouble and playing a lot of youth. Hopefully we'll turn up with an intention of putting this one to bed in the first half then it's a case of saving the legs second half for a quick turnaround on Monday at Barwell.

Ilkeston away was the start of the new resilient Coalville. Watch this, 8mins 33s in - look out for Boon.

• Like 1

I think at the moment other than Wrexham fans everyone is wanting notts County to get promoted. Just feel Wrexham have become quite disliked very quickly I don't think it's jealousy but the methods there using. Plus we all want to see Reynolds and the other guy fail... to be honest it makes it better for the documentary 😆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think at the moment other than Wrexham fans everyone is wanting notts County to get promoted. Just feel Wrexham have become quite disliked very quickly I don't think it's jealousy but the methods there using. Plus we all want to see Reynolds and the other guy fail... to be honest it makes it better for the documentary 😆

I don't feel any of that. I don't mind whichever of them gets promoted. In fact I hope they both do, one automatically and the other through the playoffs. They both deserve it. 

• Like 4

I find the whole anti-Wrexham stuff a bit bizarre. Might be because I know a few Wrexham fans who have been going years. Realistically they’re a club naturally of a roughly League One standing, if a club of a similar standing (a Barnsley or a Plymouth let’s say), got back to back relegations, got some decent owners for the first season in the NL and did similar to what Wrexham are doing then no-one would bat an eye, in fact you’d probably get a lot of congratulating for picking themselves up. There’s plenty of traditionally established league clubs now at that level and if anything that’s an indictment of the our systems fit and proper ownership testing than it is someone like Wrexham. Before ‘Hollywood’ they’d been subject to a miserable decade, I’m hoping them and Notts County manage to get out of it. 

• Like 4

Went to watch Coalville  draw 1-1 today (needed a break from the city after Tuesday) not at their best up against a Bromsgrove team who dug in after a couple of miserable results. 

A first for me in seeing the Bromsgrove physio get sent off for dissent (came onto the field to treat their time wasting goalie after the ref told him to stay off). Then came back on to treat one of their players and was about to come back on for a second time when someone on their bench grabbed the bag off him. 

Tamworth lost 2-0 so now 4 points clear of Leiston with a game in hand, need two wins out of four to wrap it up. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Livid said:

Went to watch Coalville  draw 1-1 today (needed a break from the city after Tuesday) not at their best up against a Bromsgrove team who dug in after a couple of miserable results. 

A first for me in seeing the Bromsgrove physio get sent off for dissent (came onto the field to treat their time wasting goalie after the ref told him to stay off). Then came back on to treat one of their players and was about to come back on for a second time when someone on their bench grabbed the bag off him. 

Tamworth lost 2-0 so now 4 points clear of Leiston with a game in hand, need two wins out of four to wrap it up. 

One of those days, we need to be finishing these sides of early in the game. Gave them something to time waste for.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

One of those days, we need to be finishing these sides of early in the game. Gave them something to time waste for.

Oh yes could have been about 4 up in the first 10 minutes. There’s going to be a few At Barwell on Monday. 

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Exactly. If Chambo scores after 10 minutes it's a comfortable win. It wasn't as if they defended brilliantly. Aside from one good save, Joe, Billy and Ash were all guilty of missing excellent chances.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

I find the whole anti-Wrexham stuff a bit bizarre. Might be because I know a few Wrexham fans who have been going years. Realistically they’re a club naturally of a roughly League One standing, if a club of a similar standing (a Barnsley or a Plymouth let’s say), got back to back relegations, got some decent owners for the first season in the NL and did similar to what Wrexham are doing then no-one would bat an eye, in fact you’d probably get a lot of congratulating for picking themselves up. There’s plenty of traditionally established league clubs now at that level and if anything that’s an indictment of the our systems fit and proper ownership testing than it is someone like Wrexham. Before ‘Hollywood’ they’d been subject to a miserable decade, I’m hoping them and Notts County manage to get out of it. 

I’ve said before it’s less so the club - it’s more the coverage which a lot object too. 

They’ve had superb support for years now (and a political outlook similar to mine)

• Like 1