Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

23 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I’ve said before it’s less so the club - it’s more the coverage which a lot object too. 

They’ve had superb support for years now (and a political outlook similar to mine)

That I can understand a little more. However by the same token I’ve got a mate who has never been bothered by football- up until he watched the Wrexham documentary, and now he’s up for a local non-league game whenever he’s in the area. Likewise one of my city supporting mates watched it and started showing a lot more interest in coming to Hinckley games. 

I don’t doubt the coverage is extensive, however it’s also nothing compared to the usual big six worship on any large football broadcaster and is limited more or less to streaming platforms or social media which you can avoid fairly easily. I’ve not seen any of the documentaries and the only Wrexham stuff I see is through the Wrexham supporters I know, and it seems the affect it’s had on non-league is positive so I’m not one to criticise in that regard.

21 hours ago, Finnaldo said:

I find the whole anti-Wrexham stuff a bit bizarre. Might be because I know a few Wrexham fans who have been going years. Realistically they’re a club naturally of a roughly League One standing, if a club of a similar standing (a Barnsley or a Plymouth let’s say), got back to back relegations, got some decent owners for the first season in the NL and did similar to what Wrexham are doing then no-one would bat an eye, in fact you’d probably get a lot of congratulating for picking themselves up. There’s plenty of traditionally established league clubs now at that level and if anything that’s an indictment of the our systems fit and proper ownership testing than it is someone like Wrexham. Before ‘Hollywood’ they’d been subject to a miserable decade, I’m hoping them and Notts County manage to get out of it. 

Personally I want them to do ‘badly’ to make the tv executives earn their wages by thinking of a different narrative, rather than easy winning and promotions and yay good times. Sunderland doc on Netflix was brilliant because they’re so bad 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Personally I want them to do ‘badly’ to make the tv executives earn their wages by thinking of a different narrative, rather than easy winning and promotions and yay good times. Sunderland doc on Netflix was brilliant because they’re so bad 

Sunderland documentary set such high standard even big Ron manager with Peterborough both had in common two clubs fallen on hard times with limited or no money at all. Wrexham on the other hand have been luckily that two Hollywood rich actors have been able to come on board and their solution to everything is to spend more money. Is any chance futher down the line if say two years from now Wrexham are still in national league that both may choose to sell up and buy another an actually and set an documentary with them. Like just imagine if they went out bought someone like Preston North End "The journey to the Premier league" 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

FA charges - March 2023 (thefa.com)

Tamworth and Nuneaton both charged by the FA on 31/03. The Tamworth charge also includes allegations of offensive words. 

If they had to reply by 06/04, I'm presuming that means there will be a decision next week?

You would have thought so, the game needs to be played on the 18th so they need to get a move on.

Maybe the clubs already know and it’s not been announced  yet because it’s going to be behind closed doors.

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Not particularly arsed either way about who wins between Notts and Wrexham. You'd hope whoever finishes second comes up through the playoffs anyway as both deserve it really. 

Vanarama will be praying Wrexham don’t go up. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Barwell to let Coalville win today? 

No chance lol it’ll be considered a local derby and be out to win, Coalville haven’t had the best record there either so it should be a good match either way.

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

Barwell to let Coalville win today? 

I don't think anything would make Barwell happier than scuppering our promotion hopes :D

No expectations today. We're not really playing football atm and Barwell have a knack of beating us at home. Just hope George is back in the starting line up. Not that Max has particularly done anything wrong but for me he's our best CM.