Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

Wish I'd have stayed home and watched the Wrexham game lol

Another nothing performance punished by a team that's outworked us. Geroge and Tendai need to start games. Two players who are willing runners and try to make positive things happen.

Still in our hands, but our performances are getting the results we deserve atm.

Really good hit by Barwell for their 3rd. Thought the #7 looked very good, I assume that's the lad you were telling me about @Gary Eatfood?

Fairly even game today, but it's disappointing when we're playing a team that has nothing to play for and they match and outdo us for work. Can't even blame the legs as we're choosing not to change things.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Another nothing performance punished by a team that's outworked us. Geroge and Tendai need to start games. Two players who are willing runners and try to make positive things happen.

Still in our hands, but our performances are getting the results we deserve atm.

Really good hit by Barwell for their 3rd. Thought the #7 looked very good, I assume that's the lad you were telling me about @Gary Eatfood?

Fairly even game today, but it's disappointing when we're playing a team that has nothing to play for and they match and outdo us for work. Can't even blame the legs as we're choosing not to change things.

Outworked is spot on. There's never an excuse for that. It seemed clear to me after 30 minutes that we should've switched to a back 4 to play around their narrow diamond. In the end, the changes were too late and ineffective, although the 3rd goal was a brilliant strike.

Yup, no.7 was Beck-ray Enoru. He was at Aylestone Park but looks destined to play higher. He was pretty much their only attacking threat and he gave Deano nightmares.

Saturday is now a must win game. Hopefully, we don't continue to buckle under the pressure.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Barwell number 7 had a great game and fully deserved man of the match. Their 3rd goal was unstoppable! Coalville just not at it today, not sure if the pitch played a part in that.

10 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Barwell number 7 had a great game and fully deserved man of the match. Their 3rd goal was unstoppable! Coalville just not at it today, not sure if the pitch played a part in that.

That's our first defeat on a 3G surface this season.

I just think the better team on the day won. We barely troubled their goalkeeper second half.

23 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

Outworked is spot on. There's never an excuse for that. It seemed clear to me after 30 minutes that we should've switched to a back 4 to play around their narrow diamond. In the end, the changes were too late and ineffective, although the 3rd goal was a brilliant strike.

Yup, no.7 was Beck-ray Enoru. He was at Aylestone Park but looks destined to play higher. He was pretty much their only attacking threat and he gave Deano nightmares.

Saturday is now a must win game. Hopefully, we don't continue to buckle under the pressure.

Yeah, spot on with the diamond. Especially in the second half, the amount of times we had 5/6 players on the edge of their box and the move broke down due to having nowhere to go was mental.

Hopefully the last 2 games are a kick up the arse for Stevo and the lads. We've been very passive recently and relying on moments of quality. We need to start making our own luck again.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Yeah, spot on with the diamond. Especially in the second half, the amount of times we had 5/6 players on the edge of their box and the move broke down due to having nowhere to go was mental.

Hopefully the last 2 games are a kick up the arse for Stevo and the lads. We've been very passive recently and relying on moments of quality. We need to start making our own luck again.

They dropped off after the second goal, which allowed us the ball, but we didn't really push Alex/Elliott far enough up the pitch. When we did get in behind we were ponderous or made bad decisions. Perhaps, we're better when we know we've got to win?

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Stevo has said we looked leggy in his interview, I wonder why that could be !

• Like 1

To be fair never looked good for Coalville today, Barwell usually give them a game and Barwell are vastly improved this season, and more so since the reverse fixture. Excellent season for them given they’re working with a pittance of a budget for that level. 

Bad luck for Coalville, but at the same time they had the breathing room to take it and it might be the kick up the arse they need to get over the line.

Elsewhere, another 4-0 win for Hinckley and the sixth clean sheet in a row. Looking great value for the play offs and hopefully this years the year! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gary Eatfood said:

That's our first defeat on a 3G surface this season.

I just think the better team on the day won. We barely troubled their goalkeeper second half.

How many teams in the division use them? I don't know if that's because it's the first game I've seen on that type of service, but it just seems a bit more awkward. Definitely didn't test the keeper enough and almost tried to over play it when they finally did get in good areas. 

2 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

How many teams in the division use them? I don't know if that's because it's the first game I've seen on that type of service, but it just seems a bit more awkward. Definitely didn't test the keeper enough and almost tried to over play it when they finally did get in good areas. 

7 off my count

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Quite a few have 3G. Tamworth, Rushall, Redditch and mickleover to name a few

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

7 off my count

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Quite a few have 3G. Tamworth, Rushall, Redditch and mickleover to name a few

Thanks! That was my first coalville away game so kind of assumed it was a rarity! I understand why clubs do it but I'm really not a fan 

12 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

8 in total. Tamworth, Rushall, Mickleover, Barwell, Ilkeston, St Ives, Redditch and Basford - over a 1/3 of the division. We had problems in general away from home last season, but this year we've been excellent aside from today and Bedford.

The last two at Stratford and Alvechurch are both grass pitches.

• Like 1

That was garbage from the Ravens today. 

As bad as we were on the pitch I'm afraid Stevo takes the blame for me. 

Slow subs, wrong shape, persisting with a system that wasn't working. 

George should be starting. How you can be playing a 3 man midfield of sorts and still look like you have nobody in there is crazy. 

As for playing the wingers on the wrong side all game despite nothing coming of it, just annoying. 

Edited by Lako42

Went to see Grantham Town play at Lincoln United and came away with 3 points, terrific noise from the GTFC ultras never stopped singing throughout, game was terrible but got the win, amazingly after sitting in the relegation places for most of the season we're now completely out of the bottom 4 with 2 to play and it is in our own hands - beat Bridlington and Ossett and we stay up!

9 hours ago, Lako42 said:

That was garbage from the Ravens today. 

As bad as we were on the pitch I'm afraid Stevo takes the blame for me. 

Slow subs, wrong shape, persisting with a system that wasn't working. 

George should be starting. How you can be playing a 3 man midfield of sorts and still look like you have nobody in there is crazy. 

As for playing the wingers on the wrong side all game despite nothing coming of it, just annoying. 

Yeah this was very noticable!

Southern league Central title been blew wide open again. Can't believe Coalville would slip up to Barwell. Boro fell to a poor 1-3 defeat to mickleover so poor, hate to be negative but I don't think we deserve to go up. Players like Stenson walking around the pitch don't help.

7 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Southern league Central title been blew wide open again. Can't believe Coalville would slip up to Barwell. Boro fell to a poor 1-3 defeat to mickleover so poor, hate to be negative but I don't think we deserve to go up. Players like Stenson walking around the pitch don't help.

Any rumours regarding the Tamworth/Nuneaton game? I know both clubs were charged at the end of March.

FWIW, Barwell are a decent side with probably the quickest player in the league, and Coalville never win there.