Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

Don’t really know what leg they have to stand on if they do, 30 minutes left in the game and they were 2-0 up, not exactly an unassailable lead with 30 minutes to go. Not really fair to just be awarded the win. 

Also at the end of the day it was at their ground therefore their responibility to manage the crowd, they clearly hadn’t prepared properly for the fixture with enough stewards/police prescence. Apparently Nuneaton had offered up to bring their stewards to look after the Nuneaton end and Tamworth turned it down. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, leicesterisme said:

Don’t really know what leg they have to stand on if they do, 30 minutes left in the game and they were 2-0 up, not exactly an unassailable lead with 30 minutes to go. Not really fair to just be awarded the win. 

Also at the end of the day it was at their ground therefore their responibility to manage the crowd, they clearly hadn’t prepared properly for the fixture with enough stewards/police prescence. Apparently Nuneaton had offered up to bring their stewards to look after the Nuneaton end and Tamworth turned it down. 

I agree, the game has got to be replayed regardless of what fines etc are issued to the clubs.

There was 30 minutes to go, so any result was still possible. Also the league could be decided on goal difference so even if Nuneaton got a goal back it could be significant.

I expect it to be announced that it will be a behind closed doors game in the coming days with fines for both clubs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

Sounds like Tamworth are looking to appeal against it.

Won't be successful, they'll claim that Nuneaton fans started it and that Nuneaton players refused to return to the field.

The things that Tamworth overlooked was that....

1) There was not enough stewards, there was only three stewards in the away end despite there being 400 from Nuneaton. 

2) Turned down an offer pre match from the Boro to supply stewards to support and look after the away fans

3) Tamworth did not notify the police about the potential risk of the fixture being it was a local derby. The police had no knowledge of the fixture until it all kicked off.

4) Pre match there was no searches on the gate in any of the turnstiles around the ground

5) Racist chanting which was caught on camera towards the assistant manager from the Tamworth supporters plus offensive chanting in regards to Nuneaton supporter who was stabbed to death a few years ago.

6) Home and away fans had minimal separation, with home and away fans within touching distance. 

7) Another objects being thrown from both sets of supporters

8) An supporter in the home end attacked an steward causing him to be rushed to hospital.

9) Some Tamworth supporters were removed from the ground during clashes, but were not removed away from the ground as some supporters were throwing items over the fence at away supporters.

10) Away fans were allowed to climb over an unsupervised away turnstile to bring in alcohol from a local supermarket at half time, carrying bottles of beer.

11) When the players were taken off the field, the police advised both clubs not to continue the game.

12) There was still 35 minutes off football to played.

All that and Tamworth still think they can claim all three points. 

The match surely can't be played in front of fans.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Won't be successful, they'll claim that Nuneaton fans started it and that Nuneaton players refused to return to the field.

The things that Tamworth overlooked was that....

1) There was not enough stewards, there was only three stewards in the away end despite there being 400 from Nuneaton. 

2) Turned down an offer pre match from the Boro to supply stewards to support and look after the away fans

3) Tamworth did not notify the police about the potential risk of the fixture being it was a local derby. The police had no knowledge of the fixture until it all kicked off.

4) Pre match there was no searches on the gate in any of the turnstiles around the ground

5) Racist chanting which was caught on camera towards the assistant manager from the Tamworth supporters plus offensive chanting in regards to Nuneaton supporter who was stabbed to death a few years ago.

6) Home and away fans had minimal separation, with home and away fans within touching distance. 

7) Another objects being thrown from both sets of supporters

8) An supporter in the home end attacked an steward causing him to be rushed to hospital.

9) Some Tamworth supporters were removed from the ground during clashes, but were not removed away from the ground as some supporters were throwing items over the fence at away supporters.

10) Away fans were allowed to climb over an unsupervised away turnstile to bring in alcohol from a local supermarket at half time, carrying bottles of beer.

11) When the players were taken off the field, the police advised both clubs not to continue the game.

12) There was still 35 minutes off football to played.

All that and Tamworth still think they can claim all three points. 

The match surely can't be played in front of fans.

Having been in that away end, that is a fairly comprehensive list of what took place. I also recall someone had a go at the "Crowd safety officer" after the match about the fact that bottles were thrown and the lack of searches, and the bloke just shrugged and said he'd "seen nothing get thrown". 

The only issue with a behind-closed-doors replay is the fact that the same fixture will likely be played in the same ground a week later in front of fans, although I am wholly supportive of a behind-closed-doors replay. Tamworth should not get an extra match day income from a second crowd-related abandonment in two seasons.

What's the deal with Leiston then have they got money?

Are they getting all the best players in Norfolk/Suffolk like Lowestoft did years ago?

I know Eadie is in charge.

54 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Are they getting all the best players in Norfolk/Suffolk like Lowestoft did years ago?

I don’t think they have got loads of money. They have got some decent players and are very well organised, Eadie and the other joint manager have done a good job there.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

Think quite a few of their players when they signed came from National League South clubs so i definetly don’t think they are short of cash and I think naturally with where they are in the country they have to pay pretty decent amounts of money to attract players further afield to travel over to them to train twice a week and play on Saturday’s. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I don't want to see any nerves on the pitch today, go out and do what you can do lads. Perfect conditions for football against a team that we're head and shoulders above! 

They have got nothing to play for either really, very unlikely to get relegated. Straight into them from the off.

• Like 1

Just now, Lcfc82 said:

They have got nothing to play for either really, very unlikely to get relegated. Straight into them from the off.

3 very average teams with nothing to play for at the end of the season. Absolutely no excuses at this point.

Even if Tamworth win their next 3 (which would be unbelievable considering their recent form) we just have to pick up 7 points from 3 very favourable games.

Fast first 10-15 and look to get that early goal. Also don't sit back on a lead when it's unnecessary, goal difference could kick in so we need to take every opportunity to increase it if the opportunity is there.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I'm nervous.

As fans we've every right to be nervous after the last 2 games lol

The players have had there nervous time now though, I wanna see Doyleys bollocks (not literally).

Definitely gonna need a few pre match nerve stabilisers I think :D

George has to be back in the starting line up today. Tendai in for Shawy. 

Coalville lose to lowly Stratford, bad result for them. Tamworth go back top following a win against 3rd Leiston killing off there title hopes. Boro grab a fantastic result away at Ilkeston 0-2 down early and come back to win 3-2. Much needed that following 2 dull performances.