Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

13 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Solihull being a bit weird - called a couple of their kids back from Step 3 clubs 

We were trying to figure out of it was injuries or not. I know Max started for them last night. Could be that they're wanting to blood some of their younger players ready for next season.

30 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We were trying to figure out of it was injuries or not. I know Max started for them last night. Could be that they're wanting to blood some of their younger players ready for next season.

I get that but do you want the kid playing three or four massive games or just three dead rubbers? Also think it can turn a young lads head 

31 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I get that but do you want the kid playing three or four massive games or just three dead rubbers? Also think it can turn a young lads head 

I'd personally prefer to see him playing at the level I'll need him for the following season so I can make a judgement on if he's going to be ready to play a part in the first team the following season.

16 hours ago, Tuna said:

Been a bit of a low key fall from grace this but Yeovil Town have been relegated to National League South and it was only 9 years ago they were playing us in the Championship at the KP, we all remember the goal from Kasper that wasn't in a 1-1 draw.

Weird to think that 9 years ago Leicester & Yeovil were at the same level and next season Coalville Town & Yeovil could be at the same level.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Tuna said:

Been a bit of a low key fall from grace this but Yeovil Town have been relegated to National League South and it was only 9 years ago they were playing us in the Championship at the KP, we all remember the goal from Kasper that wasn't in a 1-1 draw.

Let's hope we don't go the same way!!

Well a trophy that most people won't have heard of - Fenix Trophy - Its a semi pro/Amateur trophy with various european clubs.  This season FC united of Manchester took part and have made it to the semi finals.  And it's been announced that they will play at...THE SAN SIRO.....imagine that?

The final is at San siro but even if they lose the 3rd place will also be played there.

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The A5 really does love a problem. 

Appears the local idiot from Hinckley turned up for their one game of the season 

Was there, rumours go from them being from Hinckley, Leicester or Nuneaton but I’ve never seen them at a game that’s for sure. Decked a Atho player and was dragged out whilst getting booted by the Atho fans. Don’t know what they expected really.

Not sure why the ref called it. Three penalties left, either finish it there or get the fans out and finish it behind closed doors. I can’t imagine we’ll even bother playing the replay now, if Hinckley aren’t kicked we’ll probably withdraw from it now. A couple of bellends ruined a fantastic game.

9 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Time for the Leicestershire round-up going into the final week (or 2 weeks of the season)

Step 3

Coalville's season has come down to the following - hoping Nuneaton beat Tamworth tonight meaning a point is enough on Saturday or simply win on Saturday but score more goals than Tamworth in their two potential wins. 

Barwell have finished the season strongly and should finish top 10. 

Step 4

Another final day scenario. Harborough have brilliantly clawed themselves into a chance of playoffs. There are six teams who can take two points (though realistically Harborough can only get 5th). They have Dereham to play whom need a win themselves to avoid a relegation playoffs. Harborough need to win and score as many as possible. 

Shepshed and Loughborough have finished strongly - top half with Hinckley LRFC safe mid-table. 

Step 5

UCL North 

Anstey Nomads won the league on Tuesday with a late winner. In the process they put Quorn in the driving seat for the play-off spot. Still unconfirmed if Loughborough Uni though have convinced the FA into saying they are not part of the university (yep!). Equally if result go a certain way it could be Melton to take the playoff spot. 

Heather need to find a couple of wins from their remaining games to stay up. Nirvana safe

UCL South 

Oadby GNG and Lutterworth Town safe. Both have had their difficulties this year; so fine efforts 

Step 6

UCL Div 1 

Aylestone Park got over the line finally. Interested to see how they get on next season at Step 5. Their ground is becoming a very decent set-up; ably assisted by Marks Electrical. 

Birstall United have a play-off semi-final on Saturday v Newark Town at home. 

St Andrews look down but might have a reprieve. Decent season for Kirby Muxloe 10th - Saffron Dynamo fell to pieces during the second half of the season but have recovered this month. 

MFL Div 1

Hinckley and Ashby Ivanhoe are both in the play-offs - this division is bit all over the place with so many games still to be played. So unsure of the dates. 

Ingles mid-table and good effort in their new ground/location. 

South Mids Div 1

Lutterworth Athletic going to finish in top half and hope they get switched back to the UCL or MFL. 

Step 7 - Leics Senior League 

Ashfordby FC need a point but they need to build some more toilets for ground grading. If not Allexton and New Parks will take the promotion. 

16th May - the much left-out County Premier Cup Final is at Holmes Park between Ashby Ivanhoe and Lutterworth Athletic. Whilst other county FA's have really grown the success of these competitions, Leicestershire FA have done naff all. 

Its come on leaps and bounds.