Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

16 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

Congrats to Wrexham.

Hope we can join them.

Hope you do too. Two historic clubs.

I just looked through the VNL table and there's about 10 teams in it that I think of as league teams, teams that have been second and even first tier teams. But that's what makes our league system so great.

Edited by Trav Le Bleu
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Always going to happen, they really have done a wonderful job on and off the field.

Wouldn't surprise me if they got back to back promotions.

I've just got a notification or two stating that you lol'ed at me for suggesting Wrexham that would blow it a few weeks' ago..:whistle:

Seriously, well done to them; genuinely thought the worldwide media eyes would get to them psychologically, but they've coped excellently.

A great advert for the league, too.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

Went up to West Yorkshire to see Grantham play Ossett United, draw would be enough to stay up and we got it 0-0 and exhibition stuff towards the end of the game as the result was perfect for both teams.

Lovely ground at Ossett, right in the middle of town and a super crowd of nearly 600.

Gregg Smith has made all the difference you all know Gregg, he wins headers, gets under the skin of the opponents, wins fouls and is a general pain in the arse.

I really thought we were down a few weeks ago and 10 points from the final 4 games has done the job.

I had no idea how tough the Northern Premier League Division One East would be but it's a super tough league, Carlton's manager says it's the toughest league he's been involved in.

Staying up and winning the county cup it's not been a bad season after all!

I've been to 16 games this season which isn't bad!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

I do wonder which championship club try’s to get mullin. It really looks like he could be a bit of a vardy… If he hadn’t back pedalled to wrexham last year I think he may have  already made the step up. 

At 28 it’s now or never for him really. He seems to have the mentality that will probably guarantee him success. I’d be very excited if i was a QPR or a Swansea and picked him up. 

I have a question if anybody can answer?

Is there a time limit to rearrange postponed games?My local side who play at step 6 level are 4 points clear of the only team who can realistically relegate them(One team goes down)My team have completed their 40 game season.The team below have played 36 yet it appears they have only two games left according to the fixtures.

Would have asked somebody at the club but have only just noticed.Fretting more about this then Leicester’s fate lol.

7 hours ago, Stinky said:

Fancy having the owners of a club watching their side. Mental

Well done to Ryan, Rob and whoever else at that club they own

Screenshot_20230422_203936.jpg

Definitely better than ours being on the lash while we were getting smashed by Palace 

Kettering Town in real danger of being relegated from National North. They realistically need to beat Kidderminster Harriers away on the final day, as Blyth Spartans have a good chance of winning at home. 

If Kettering get relegated by a point, there have been too many times this season where they've chucked away that extra point they need.

1 hour ago, maynefox said:

Kettering Town in real danger of being relegated from National North. They realistically need to beat Kidderminster Harriers away on the final day, as Blyth Spartans have a good chance of winning at home. 

If Kettering get relegated by a point, there have been too many times this season where they've chucked away that extra point they need.

Could be said of Leicester City really, if it happens.

12 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

I have a question if anybody can answer?

Is there a time limit to rearrange postponed games?My local side who play at step 6 level are 4 points clear of the only team who can realistically relegate them(One team goes down)My team have completed their 40 game season.The team below have played 36 yet it appears they have only two games left according to the fixtures.

Would have asked somebody at the club but have only just noticed.Fretting more about this then Leicester’s fate lol.

Step 6 has a deadline of Monday 1st May. 

Sandhurst Town have just played five games in six days with another three to come next week. Amazingly they’ve won 4 and drew 1 to go top with another win securing the title 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Step 6 has a deadline of Monday 1st May. 

Sandhurst Town have just played five games in six days with another three to come next week. Amazingly they’ve won 4 and drew 1 to go top with another win securing the title 

Good answer.Thank you.I had thought there might be a cut off date.

The league in question is the one that Sandhurst are in.The Cherry Red Combined Counties Division One.It’s Bagshot who i need to lose or draw.It’s 5 points not 4 btw,between them and CB Hounslow. 
This is the first season I’ve finally gone along to watch this level.Have seen loads of step 1 2 and 3 over the years so not familiar with the league rules like postponements and player registrations etc.