Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

4 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Getting ahead of myself I know but with the final being on a bank holiday do we think it could be at 3pm (or earlier)?

Might consider doing Coalville and then going straight to Leicester vs Everton haha

It was 3pm last season, I’d expect it to be the same this season as well.

I think I might do both

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

I might sound stupid but do either clubs have songs and fans that sing? Games at that level I have been to didn't have songs sung.

Yeah depends who present I guess Boro's got a famous few 

"Nuneaton, Nuneaton, Nuneaton"

"Come on Boro, Come On Boro, Come On Boro"

"If you all hate Tamworth clap your hands"

"I'm want to be a Boro ranger, I like to live my life in danger..." (Can't tell you the full version lol)

"We hate Tamworth, we he hate Beduff who the f*c*k are the Leamington"

"Who are we?, blue army!, who are we?, blue army"

"Nuneaton is wonderful, full of blah, blah, blah"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

I might sound stupid but do either clubs have songs and fans that sing? Games at that level I have been to didn't have songs sung.

Absolutely, it's still establishing itself but improvement has been massive imo. 

Saturday was a good in spells but you could feel the nerves more than anything

• Like 1

For me I'm still thinking Coalville are favourites for the play offs, and look at the sides in the play offs and even my beloved Boro I don't think have that extra mile. It's going to be Coalville Town v Leiston final, which I think Coalville will win comfortably.

I think it's been an exciting season the Southern League Central, been a lot of twists and turns, we have seen three different teams had a spell on top spot interesting though 3rd place Leiston never been top once, every time they've had a chance to go top they failed. Certainly no runaway times, each team in the top 5 has had some sort of bad run. 

Edited by Leicesterpool

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

For me I'm still thinking Coalville are favourites for the play offs, and look at the sides in the play offs and even my beloved Boro I don't think have that extra mile. It's going to be Coalville Town v Leiston final, which I think Coalville will win comfortably.

I think it's been an exciting season the Southern League Central, been a lot of twists and turns, we have seen three different teams had a spell on top spot interesting though 3rd place Leiston never been top once, every time they've had a chance to go top they failed. Certainly no runaway times, each team in the top 5 has had some sort of bad run. 

It should be a Coalville vs Leiston final, Rushall managed to rotate their side on Saturday so they will be a bit fresher for the semi final. Having said that their form coming into the playoffs is awful.

Leiston are the side I’m concerned about from a Coalville perspective. They seem to have they measure of Coalville. We have struggled against them. 

At least we will have home advantage in the final if we get there.

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Non-league attendances are nuts. In the 7th tier Totton are averaging a shade under a thousand this season. Chatham had over 2k twice. Coalville have had very healthy gates 

People getting fed up with the experience at the top of the game. 

Saw some absolute twats cutting peoples hair in the stand at Wembley in the FA Cup semi final this weekend as a publicity stunt. 

• Like 2

My prediction is Coalville v Leiston final with Leiston winning it. 

Would love us to put in a couple of massive performances and see the job through. I imagine to bookies and on paper we're likely favourites.

Hopefully the crowd can get behind the lads and we see some big performances. I'd definitely be sticking Tendai in for Shawy in these games. Extra height at set pieces and some much needed physicality on the ball. Shawy coming off the bench would be ideal against tiring legs as well.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

People getting fed up with the experience at the top of the game. 

Saw some absolute twats cutting peoples hair in the stand at Wembley in the FA Cup semi final this weekend as a publicity stunt. 

It’s not that. I was surprised to read this week that attendances are up throughout the top four divisions of the English game too. 

Partly non league clubs are far more canny now; the constant fecking about fixtures for TV means clashes are less common too. 

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I think TikTok and Twitter are responsible for the glut of teens dressed in boilerplate football hooligan costumes. Football is more popular than ever 

Definitely agree with you there . Everything they do feels like it's all an act. Celebrating, chanting, general behaviour.

It's really odd like they've seen people on social media behave a certain way and have to try and shoehorn it in, even if it doesn't fit the circumstances.

I've probably not explained myself very well there, but it just feels "off" with some of these younger lads lol

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Definitely agree with you there . Everything they do feels like it's all an act. Celebrating, chanting, general behaviour.

It's really odd like they've seen people on social media behave a certain way and have to try and shoehorn it in, even if it doesn't fit the circumstances.

I've probably not explained myself very well there, but it just feels "off" with some of these younger lads lol

They'll grow out of it which is the good news.

Late gen Z have been raised on TikTok and youtube so it manufactures personality for whoever is watching 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

It’s not that. I was surprised to read this week that attendances are up throughout the top four divisions of the English game too. 

Partly non league clubs are far more canny now; the constant fecking about fixtures for TV means clashes are less common too. 

Yep, attendances across professional football are well up in the UK. It may be because of the same reason flight bookings are up, 'revenge spending,' People who had their 'prophecies' over Covid to give up their old way of life were either lying or in the minority, with loads more jumping on the bandwagon because life is too short. Great news for lower league clubs.