Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

My prediction is Coalville v Leiston final with Leiston winning it

Would love us to put in a couple of massive performances and see the job through. I imagine to bookies and on paper we're likely favourites.

Hopefully the crowd can get behind the lads and we see some big performances. I'd definitely be sticking Tendai in for Shawy in these games. Extra height at set pieces and some much needed physicality on the ball. Shawy coming off the bench would be ideal against tiring legs as well.

Really?

As some have already alluded to, my main concern is our mentality for Wednesday. Rushall are a tricky opponent as they proved with 10-men at Coalville earlier this month. There was a despondent atmosphere after Saturday's game as you'd expect, but I still feel there's huge determination in the squad and management to go one better than last season.

If we can get to the final I can only see us winning.

Edited by Gary Eatfood
  • Like 1

I missed the home game vs Leiston due to illness, but we didn't look even close to laying a glove on them at their place. From what I could tell on the bet365 live tracker at home we had a very good first 30 and then they dominated the 2nd half and were unfortunate not to score a couple.

Rushden aside Rushall have been in honking form, they were good against us, but that was at a time when we had turned to jelly. I think in a semi final we'll run out winners again. Can't see past a comfortable home win for Leiston against Nuneaton either.

Either way, I'll be there and backing the lads and hoping this is the time we finally do it. Either way I am absolutely ready for a break. This past 3 months has been brutal, we've had a game every 3.8 days on average since Jan 28th and we've had some long midweek trips in there.

No more away days, 2 more big efforts and we're there.

12 hours ago, filbertway said:

I missed the home game vs Leiston due to illness, but we didn't look even close to laying a glove on them at their place. From what I could tell on the bet365 live tracker at home we had a very good first 30 and then they dominated the 2nd half and were unfortunate not to score a couple.

Rushden aside Rushall have been in honking form, they were good against us, but that was at a time when we had turned to jelly. I think in a semi final we'll run out winners again. Can't see past a comfortable home win for Leiston against Nuneaton either.

Either way, I'll be there and backing the lads and hoping this is the time we finally do it. Either way I am absolutely ready for a break. This past 3 months has been brutal, we've had a game every 3.8 days on average since Jan 28th and we've had some long midweek trips in there.

No more away days, 2 more big efforts and we're there.

Depends what Boro side turns up. We cannot make up our minds if we're good of not. For me Boro got to go for it, when we've sit back deep playing the top five we've tend to struggle. When we attack different team.

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Over 1k sold again for Coalville’s playoff semi 

It’s an all ticket affair so doesn’t look like they’ll better Saturdays attendance of 1.7k

What's the capacity at Coalville?

A big if it turned to be a Coalville v Boro final, then it could easily be record capacity crowd.

13 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

What's the capacity at Coalville?

A big if it turned to be a Coalville v Boro final, then it could easily be record capacity crowd.

Absolutely no idea 😂 I’m just on a bandwagon 

You can stand on the hills overlooking the pitch where Snibby fireworks used to be too, obviously those numbers wouldn’t be counted in the official figures. There were a few who did that on Saturday 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

31 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Absolutely no idea 😂 I’m just on a bandwagon 

You can stand on the hills overlooking the pitch where Snibby fireworks used to be too, obviously those numbers wouldn’t be counted in the official figures. There were a few who did that on Saturday 

Who's the willy puller on the hill :trumpet:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Hinckley got to travel what 10/12 miles just to take 5 spot kicks. 

Better than being kicked out I suppose lol 

Probably the best outcome for us really, we still have a chance at the final and we don’t have to play a full replay with an already congested fixture list. 

There’s still whatever fines are agreed as well. 

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Very tight at the top for the title and play off spots!

Cannot be many games that won’t matter.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/national-league-north/table

It's really exciting and haven't known a season like it for some time, it's the first time we've had 24 teams at this level and lots of midweek fixtures very tough in a semi pro league and the league has tightened up in recent weeks as Alfreton, Farsley and Curzon have been catching up on games.

Darlo were in the playoffs most of the season but have been on an appalling run of 1 win in about 17 games to go right out of it, sold Mark Beck to Solihull and Dan Dodds went back to Boro and was loaned to Hartlepool.

Buxton, who were in the relegation places January have been on the complete opposite run and are in the playoffs now after appointing Craig Elliott.

Fylde will win it, they have to go to Bradford who could be down if they don't beat Alfreton on Wednesday.

Chester for the playoffs, they are a great team with a manager who will be in the football league soon enough.

If there were a couple more games left, Southport would be going down but they're goal difference should ensure they are safe, I want Blyth to stay up and I think they will beat Hereford on the final day so it's just a case of what Kettering and Farsley do, I'd be worried if I was a Kettering fan we have one on this board who posted recently, they looked safe a few weeks ago.

I think Kidderminster will pip Buxton for the playoff spot.

As you say not many games with nothing to play for on the final day of the season!

Edited by Tuna
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Halesowen with 2300 plus last night. Hope they don’t bottle it this time in the final. 

Oooft that's some crowd! I do miss going to their stadium, fans were decent and it's a cracking non league ground.

Excitement building for tonight, 1200 tickets sold as of this morning. Wouldn't be shocked to see it closer to 1400 by kick off.