Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Non League Football - 2022/23

13 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Cheers for your help.

Last 2 questions I promise. 

Best place to park?

Does the food kiosk take card? I won't use it but no doubt the kids will be after something.

Free on site parking if you are early enough if not Town is only a 5 min walk away

You can pay by card for food 

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Cheers for your help.

Last 2 questions I promise. 

Best place to park?

Does the food kiosk take card? I won't use it but no doubt the kids will be after something.

Yes they take card

Theres a car park opposite Masons Chemist on Belvoir Rd. That’s about your best bet (check the pay and display times)

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

The FA's incompetence on show again - them inter-step playoffs due to be played on Saturday? 

Yeah they still haven't drawn them/declare who plays who 

Yep, Jersey bulls have to play their re-arranged game away at Colliers wood on Thursday, FA are insisting. Even though the game makes no difference to the Bulls, they are locked in 3rd place, they can't give Colliers Wood a bye and save a few grand in travel and hotel costs. Most of the first team aren't travelling.

EDIT - and this is with Colliers wood playing basically every night as well, they are playing tonight, Bulls on Thursday then Saturday, Monday, Wednesday LOL 

Edited by grobyfox1990

24 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yep, Jersey bulls have to play their re-arranged game away at Colliers wood on Thursday, FA are insisting. Even though the game makes no difference to the Bulls, they are locked in 3rd place, they can't give Colliers Wood a bye and save a few grand in travel and hotel costs. Most of the first team aren't travelling.

EDIT - and this is with Colliers wood playing basically every night as well, they are playing tonight, Bulls on Thursday then Saturday, Monday, Wednesday LOL 

I'd read the rumour it was a league with ineligible player causing the issue. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

The FA's incompetence on show again - them inter-step playoffs due to be played on Saturday? 

Yeah they still haven't drawn them/declare who plays who 

Still sorting out demotions for clubs who have failed ground grading, announced now that North Shields have been chucked out so Carlton get a reprieve.

It is a shambles though, Ashington not knowing where they are going and needing to sort transport etc.

Not optimistic about Lincoln United v Avro, that'll be tough.

Edited by Tuna

Absolutely gutted, we didn’t do enough in the 90 minutes to win it though. Persisted playing long balls up to their centre backs for too long. Tendai did well when he came on but the change should of been made sooner.

Won’t get a better chance to be promoted than this season, can’t believe one of Nuneaton or Rushall are going to be going up. Absolutely mental.

• Like 3

I can’t say Coalville deserved to lose tonight but I can’t say they deserved to win either. 

A few times this season they have come up against strong physical sides and played into their hands, this was another one of those night. They just never got going. 

I feel for Tim Berridge missing the last penalty but that’s the way it goes. 

I don’t actually feel that despondent about tonight, they had the title within their reach and couldn’t get it done.

Tonight was a result of that more than anything else. 

Double blow for Coalville this week miss out narrowly on Saturday on automatic promotion to then miss out again tonight. Feel sorry for them I'd say of the season as a whole they deserved promotion.

But Boro will be hosting the final who'd have thought it. Going to be tough we have failed to score against Rushall on both occasions this season.

Edited by Leicesterpool

Coalville seemed to have no idea. Long ball after long ball and absolutely no presence up front until Tendai came on.

Thanoj also seemed better than what was on before. 

Chambers was garbage the few times he had to feet but must have been a nightmare with every ball going 50ft in the air.

Edited by Rain King

Clueless tonight I thought. Gone from a side who looked very dangerous to that tonight. Lightweight up front. Constant long balls up to the forwards. The wide players are far too deep also.

Improved with the subs but looked very poor. A massive missed opportunity

Heartbreak for Coalville tonight in front of good numbers. Nervous crowd as expected after the end of the season and that shown on the pitch tbf. So harsh to lose on pens but as a few on here have pointed out that they didn’t show much more throughout the whole 120. Can’t decide if I want Nuneaton up or not now :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Couldn't have got my prediction more wrong lol

Horrific end to the season that needs addressing rather than blowing over. What a wasted opportunity.

Hope Rushall win the final, very solid team.

I can't see Rushall or Nuneaton gracing the NLN with much quality.

What an absolute waste of a golden opportunity to get promotion for Coalville.

We were like rabbits in headlights for most of tonight. Little drive and virtually no penetration in forward areas. I didn't even think Rushall were particularly good, they just did the basics well.

Oh well, back to another season in the SLPC. Maybe next year we can finish 5th and win the play-offs.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gary Eatfood said:

I can't see Rushall or Nuneaton gracing the NLN with much quality.

What an absolute waste of a golden opportunity to get promotion for Coalville.

We were like rabbits in headlights for most of tonight. Little drive and virtually no penetration in forward areas. I didn't even think Rushall were particularly good, they just did the basics well.

Oh well, back to another season in the SLPC. Maybe next year we can finish 5th and win the play-offs.

Teams that do the basics well always seem to be our achilles 

Nice break and then onto next season it is :D

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Teams that do the basics well always seem to be our achilles 

Nice break and then onto next season it is :D

Time to sign a lump of a centre forward for when we insist on slinging the ball long.

Would also be wrong not to appreciate how much of a miss Robbo was tonight. All season long he's been a consistent 7/8 out of ten, and he would've helped us massively with their long throw and set-pieces.

Edited by Gary Eatfood

Hinckley come back from 2-0 down in their replayed, one-off penalty shoot out to advance to the league cup final, played at Walsall on Wednesday 10 May. Subject to date change, should they beat a very good Droitwich team at home in the play off semi finals, then they will also have a play off semi finals on either Saturday 6th or potentially Monday 8th. Very busy schedule but an exciting week for AFC!