Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford A Match Thread

They don’t need a defensive coach right now, they need a psychologist. The oppositions expectation rises 500% when they get one against us and our boys must surely expect a negative outcome before the corner is even taken, tense, fearful, grateful to get close to it rather than sure of being dominant and clearing the ball. So it’s two things, our s**tenses and the oppositions enhanced expectation and confidence.

We need to play some mock situations and not leave the training pitch until they’ve defended 10 or 20 consecutive corners successfully. Ok 6 will do. Whether it’s our reserves, a guest team or St Tiddlesworths primary we need to drill it until it’s water tight then increase the quality of opposition step by step, back to basics mentally. Mentally they’ve gone and the opposition are so expectant it’s going to need hypnosis, psychologists or significantly different personnel to resolve it.

It's the least we should expect against a depleted championship outfit but at least our attack is now back to being Premier League quality.  

Vardy is irreplaceable god. Hopefully still has another season at this level in him. 🙏

1 minute ago, HoustonFox said:

“Watford are a strong team that I respect a lot. They are tough to play against but I thought we did well to come back from a goal down” 

I agree. They have some decent players. I didn’t think they would struggle so much this year. I’d have a punt on them coming straight back up if they keep a lot of these players.