Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford A Match Thread

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

It's not about blame, it's about identifying our ageing goalkeeper's glaring weakness and planning to improve on it.

What weakness? He's an incredible reactionary shot stopper, he plays to his strengths. No point in him coming out to catch and being beaten to it. It's the defenses issue, not his.

7 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

You can't blame Kasper for the awful zonal marking we adopted for months on end, then the switch to man marking where we insist on putting our wing backs against giants! Not mentioning that we literally have shortest back line ever. 

Have you not watched him on corners? Goes straight on his line and has zero desire to control his 6 yard box and all teams have worked it out 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

What weakness? He's an incredible reactionary shot stopper, he plays to his strengths. No point in him coming out to catch and being beaten to it. It's the defenses issue, not his.

Utter favouritism nonsense, it’s the responsibility of the whole defence

• Haha 1

Why does Piper think Ward will play for the rest of the season now after Kaspers just had one of his best games in the last few months

"Barring any big mistakes, I expect Danny Ward to start for the rest of the season"

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

And you're putting your trust in what comes out of Rodgers gob as credible given some of the absolute pony he's spouted this year?

Rather listen to him, than the shit that comes from this forum..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cecchini1976 said:

Have you not watched him on corners? Goes straight on his line and has zero desire to control his 6 yard box and all teams have worked it out 

You are either ignorant or unable to read. I'll refer you to his many outstanding reactionary saves that have earned us a radiculous amount of points over the years. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

And you're putting your trust in what comes out of Rodgers gob as credible given some of the absolute pony he's spouted this year?

I'm not no. It is a bit weird and I don't trust much of what he says but I at least want to hear it first before I make up my mind.

Some people are clearly already convinced there's serious stuff going on between Brendan and Kasper based on sweet fa. Its daft.

• Like 2

Could either be interesting or just him rewarding Ward for his patience by giving him a game. I'm sure Kasper won't be to happy though either way, broke his consecutive games run. 

If Ward gets the other two as well then there is more to it. 

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Utter favouritism nonsense, it’s the responsibility of the whole defence

Agreed.

Let's face it, having a player who is allowed to catch the ball with his hands is a massive advantage at corners and crosses in general which we just won't get with Schmeichel. 

Guest StevieLynex
4 minutes ago, Cecchini1976 said:

He won't be coming off the bench then

5 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

You've just contradicted yourself.

• Like 3

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Could either be interesting or just him rewarding Ward for his patience by giving him a game. I'm sure Kasper won't be to happy though either way, broke his consecutive games run. 

If Ward gets the other two as well then there is more to it. 

Perhaps it is simply to give Ward a league game or two as now league status is guaranteed. Must be keen to play a league game after all this time

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

Ward is going to have a worldie and Real Madrid is going to come in with a £59m offer but we will turn it down as we want him as our new no.1. He’ll then break his leg first game of the season and Hutchinson will get in a spot of bother as he forgot to insert an early release form into Iversens season  loan to Forest who have now had 8 clean sheets in a row, and with 4th.  Kasper playing for Brondy as player manager and Jakupovic has retired.

seams reasonable or am I over thinking things?

Doesn't seem dramatic enough for it to be true. We're Leicester City. We make the impossible, possible both for good a sometimes very bad reasons.

Now if you'd also include the other 13 injuries to first team players sustained in the final "friendly" game before the season kicks off it might seem more likely.

9 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I'm sure Brendan will be asked about Kasper, can we not speculate wildly/make up utter shite about it until we at least hear what he's got to say?

Are you new here or to the Internet in general😂

• Haha 1

Just now, Bryn said:

You've just contradicted yourself.

There's no point arguing with him, he's a world class football coach and is always right on such things when posting on here :D

Just now, Foxdiamond said:

Perhaps it is simply to give Ward a league game or two as now league status is guaranteed. Must be keen to play a league game after all this time

How come we've not got any academy players being given a chance now league status is guaranteed?

Weird that Danny Ward finally gets his big chance, but some of our promising youngsters can't even get a sniff of the bench.

4 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

You are either ignorant or unable to read. I'll refer you to his many outstanding reactionary saves that have earned us a radiculous amount of points over the years. 

What’s shot stopping got to do with defending corners? Kasper is a legend, but every team knows his weakness.

• Like 1