Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Watford A Match Thread

Going to have to pr

1 minute ago, Royston. said:

Agreed.

Let's face it, having a player who is allowed to catch the ball with his hands is a massive advantage at corners and crosses in general which we just won't get with Schmeichel. 

. I disagree, Kasper has won us more points than he would have lost us. 100% fact. Only got to watch the Norwich game for a perfect example of that. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

From what I've seen of Ward, he's pretty poor. Seems an utterly bizarre change to make.

Ward was crap v Forest in the cup yes but to be fair he's been decent cover for the cups otherwise.

Kasper's probably going soon so its worth testing Ward in a relatively meaningless premier league match.

Just now, Cecchini1976 said:

What’s shot stopping got to do with defending corners? Kasper is a legend, but every team knows his weakness.

If I had time I'd create a reel of videos where he has made incredible saves from close range shots and headers, that's how it relates and that's his strength. He isn't huge, so no point trying to win the ball over  huge strikers, but pulling off close range saves makes up for that. 

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

There's no point arguing with him, he's a world class football coach and is always right on such things when posting on here :D

How come we've not got any academy players being given a chance now league status is guaranteed?

Weird that Danny Ward finally gets his big chance, but some of our promising youngsters can't even get a sniff of the bench.

Maybe one or two will get a chance before end of season

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Weird to end Kasper’s “iron man” consecutive games appearances so randomly….:dunno:

Saving 150 for Southampton? That’s the only logical reason I can think of. Kasper ending his career at LCFC at home on 150.

With that said, BR isn’t a logical man.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

What weakness? He's an incredible reactionary shot stopper, he plays to his strengths. No point in him coming out to catch and being beaten to it. It's the defenses issue, not his.

This is genuinely up there as being one of the worst takes on one of our players I've read in a long time. Kasper is poor in the air and at catching. Defending corners is of course a collective issue and you try and play to your strengths where you can, but everybody knows Kasper's biggest and main weakness is his lack of aerial ability/command of the box. You're implicitly admitting it yourself.

1 minute ago, Foxhateram said:

Going to have to pr

. I disagree, Kasper has won us more points than he would have lost us. 100% fact. Only got to watch the Norwich game for a perfect example of that. 

Whilst I tend to agree he's won us more points than he has lost, that is simply not a fact (no matter what percentage you say it is) and it's impossible to quantify anyway.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Especially given he says he's told a number of players to find moves elsewhere this summer, so some of those are on the bench today unless he's only told Vestergaard, Soumare and Bertrand. Would have been nice to have Braybrooke or Wanya Marca on there and get them on for Youri or KDH after 60 mins.

Exactly 

4 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Going to have to pr

WTF? 

not denying Schmeichel has saved us soooo many times with regular insane stops and is a lcfc legend.

Are you disagreeing that he doesn't come for crosses??

1 minute ago, ajthefox said:

This is genuinely up there as being one of the worst takes on one of our players I've read in a long time. Kasper is poor in the air and at catching. Defending corners is of course a collective issue and you try and play to your strengths where you can, but everybody knows Kasper's biggest and main weakness is his lack of aerial ability/command of the box. You're implicitly admitting it yourself.

Whilst I tend to agree he's won us more points than he has lost, that is simply not a fact (no matter what percentage you say it is) and it's impossible to quantify anyway.

Already covered your first point in previous posts. And your second point is just pedant really. His incredible ability in one on ones and penalty saving clearly gains us points over a season, it may not be directly quantifiable, but that doesn't mean it's not clearly a true statement.